2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too big a deal, we just need to win out. At least we can hang with the Pats unlike a certain team up in PA.

Also, if Jimmy Smith were in the game, then that 80 yard TD wouldnt happen.

Not too big a deal, we just need to win out. At least we can hang with the Pats unlike a certain team up in PA.

Must be talking about the Eagles, they're having issues lately, unlike the Steelers. Not to mention that if Ben played in that Pats game, he shreds them. They were so sloppy in that one.

Also, tonight's game wasn't as close as it looked. Joey Flunko only got to throw a couple TDs because of some fucked up punts. He had little to no offense otherwise. lol Landry Jones honestly had a better game!

Edited by Anacybele

I dunno, the Steelers lost by two scores... would be funnier if you called him Joey Flunko if he didnt pass for over 300 yards btw, even with two TDs off of bad special teams by the Pats he still threw over 300 lol Has one more SB MVP than Rapistburger

Certain team up in PA can't handle the Eagles either

Edited by Lord Raven

I dunno, the Steelers lost by two scores... would be funnier if you called him Joey Flunko if he didnt pass for over 300 yards btw, even with two TDs off of bad special teams by the Pats he still threw over 300 lol Has one more SB MVP than Rapistburger

Certain team up in PA can't handle the Eagles either

Again, they lost without Ben, and even then they still played better minus those two TDs off bad punt mistakes. Ben also has one ring more than Flacco, what's your point?

That Eagles game was obviously a fluke at this point. Also, you lost to the Jets who were bad while the Steelers were all over them and Bell just beat the Bills practically by himself (loved that joke the commentators tonight made regarding the halftime show lol "Bell is still gaining yards on the Bills as we speak" Hahaha).

Look, I think we can just say all teams have bad games on occasion...

Edited by Anacybele

The loss of Jimmy Smith definitely hurt. That was as bizarre a game as I can remember in the past few seasons. I honestly didn't think the Ravens offense had a spectacular game. Flacco missed a few throws, and there were times that the receivers didn't help him much. Dixon looks like he's gonna be the guy going forward in their backfield, which will be interesting to watch (especially considering how often they throw the ball)

Back to Jimmy, though. If his high ankle sprain is relatively mild (not a given) he could conceivably make it back by the start of the playoffs. This feels to me like another year where the Steelers and Ravens both make the postseason. I think both Denver and Miami will be lucky to finish better than 9-7. Also lol at whatever team doesn't win the AFC South

Yeah, it does hurt them, since if memory serves, the last time the Ravens played the Steelers without Jimmy Smith, Ben threw 6 TDs on them. :P I kinda wanted to see AB burn the dude for a couple TDs and nice passes or so too (I know AB's had a hard time against him, but you never know), but oh well.

I don't know about both the Steelers and Ravens being in the playoffs this year though, it seems to me like only one AFC North team is getting in...

Denver still has to play 3 teams that have a combined 31 wins. The Dolphins just lost their starting QB. And I don't trust the worse team between Tenessee/Houston. That seems to equal two AFC North playoff teams, barring a total meltdown from the Ravens

Denver still has to play 3 teams that have a combined 31 wins. The Dolphins just lost their starting QB. And I don't trust the worse team between Tenessee/Houston. That seems to equal two AFC North playoff teams, barring a total meltdown from the Ravens

Tennessee seems to be hitting a stride we haven't had since the Jeff Fisher era. And beating the reigning Superbowl champions is an accomplishment for a team that won not even 1/4 of its games the previous season. Will we beat Kansas City? I don't know, probably not, but I'm hoping for at least 500 this year.

Yeah, it does hurt them, since if memory serves, the last time the Ravens played the Steelers without Jimmy Smith, Ben threw 6 TDs on them. :P I kinda wanted to see AB burn the dude for a couple TDs and nice passes or so too (I know AB's had a hard time against him, but you never know), but oh well.

I don't know about both the Steelers and Ravens being in the playoffs this year though, it seems to me like only one AFC North team is getting in...

Actually last time was the 2014-2015 playoffs

Oh, I must've lost track then, my bad.

See, when you make the playoffs every year, you lose track of who you played when in what January game.

Meanwhile, 16 seasons. I'mma just get ready for the draft now.

See, when you make the playoffs every year, you lose track of who you played when in what January game.

They had a nice span in 2012-2013 where they'd go 8-8 and keep missing the playoffs, sandwiched between 1 and dones (one to Tim fucking Tebow). We can still mock her over this.

17*

They had a nice span in 2012-2013 where they'd go 8-8 and keep missing the playoffs, sandwiched between 1 and dones (one to Tim fucking Tebow). We can still mock her over this.

Then can I mock you for your team allowing 6 TD passes to the same team that Tim Tebow knocked out? Or the Brownies beating you guys at the last minute last year? You ARE talking about things in the past.

And if you want to keep bringing that up, I'll keep bringing up those 6 TD passes. Or I could mention that Troy Polamalu basically crushed your Super Bowl chances when the Steelers beat you in the AFC championship in the 08-09 season. He took a Flacco pick home, baby.

Remembering who we played had nothing to do with it. I knew who we played in the playoffs back then. Why I would I forget a recent playoff game against THAT fucking team? I just didn't remember every single player that participated in that game.

Edited by Anacybele

Then can I mock you for your team allowing 6 TD passes to the same team that Tim Tebow knocked out? Or the Brownies beating you guys at the last minute last year? You ARE talking about things in the past.

Point differential - 43-23 in 2014 in that game

Point differential earlier - 26-6 (same season)

Point differential in playoffs - 30-17

2011 season opener (the tebow year) - 35-7

Also getting swept by a team that had to start Ryan Mallet and Jimmy Clausen in 2015 is kind of embarrassing...

Yes, but teams sometimes have embarrassing games and moments. It happens. We don't really need to mock each other over it, that's just mean. I'd rather have a fun rivalry. And I honestly wouldn't take any other team to be the Steelers' big rival, not even the Bengals or Browns. Because fuck the former for last year's BS and the latter are just terrible. xP

HAHAHAHA THE BENGALS DID BENGALS THINGS AND SELF-DESTRUCTED AGAIN ALMOST LIKE LAST YEAR AND GET SWEPT AGAIN! LOL! LOSERS!

STEELERS COMEBACK VICTORY FUCK YES!! Sorry Ravens, we're taking this to the Christmas showdown!

That first half stupidity can NOT happen there though, this team needs to be prepared from the start.

Edited by Anacybele