What LPs do people like to see?

McBlyat

I'm thinking of starting a Fire emblem screenshot LP. However, I was just wondering what people like to see more of. A casual playthough or a gimmick run? Just wondering and would like some ideas.

Casual playthroughs are relatively boring, and can be done anyways (unless it's a fire emblem hack.). Gimmick runs, such as the FE4 one I'm currently doing, are much more interesting because you're sharing your challenge with other people. What were you thinking of doing?

Casual playthroughs are relatively boring, and can be done anyways (unless it's a fire emblem hack.). Gimmick runs, such as the FE4 one I'm currently doing, are much more interesting because you're sharing your challenge with other people. What were you thinking of doing?

On my mind as of now, I'm thinking of FE12 Iron-man. Not sure if I'll do it on Normal or Hard, though I'm leaning towards normal because FE12's prologue is hell.

That would certainly be interesting. Really, anything is interesting as long as you have the commentary to back it up. (I kinda want you to do Hard though, but it's ultimately your choice.)

That would certainly be interesting. Really, anything is interesting as long as you have the commentary to back it up. (I kinda want you to do Hard though, but it's ultimately your choice.)

Yeah, I'm planning on doing it on normal. Hard would make it interesting, but getting pass the prologue is another story.

Regarding Fire Emblem I watch each type of LP:

• videos with audio commentary or images with text commentary
  • regular FE games or hacks
  • normal runs, blind runs or runs with special gimmicks (only girls, axeusers, 0% growths etc.)

However if someone plans to do a screenshot LP of a hack, I'd recommend to present more images and / or more text to simplify the introduction for all the viewers, who don't know this hack.

I tend to prefer gimick runs simply because:

a) finding a decent non-gimick lp is easier.

b) i don't like doing gimick runs much myself in most cases

That being said, weather i enjoy an lp is dependent entierly on weather the comentairy is good. I personaly feel that fire emblem games are a little more suited for the screenshot format due to the fact that the slow, deliberate, nature of the game-play often makes vidio lps drag on. However, that issue is far from insurmountable (see also the recent 0% growth runs of fe4 and fe6, both of which had excellent commentary.)