Shovel Knight Anonymafia - Game Over

Prims

I'm really drained for today so this might be a suboptimal post but I'd rather get it done before I leave.

Faking anger is an effective mafia tactic, see Propeller's post above considering it a null tell.

Being emotionally invested in a game is pretty much the opposite of the canonical "detached" or "disengaged" scum play, so faking emotion as mafia is an easy way to seem involved in the game without actually putting effort into the game that a townie would. In most communities AtE (Appeal to Emotion) is considered a very basic and traditional scumtell but not so much in SF, where emotion outbursts are generally met with a frownie face from the mafia community instead of lynches. This means that faking emotion is actually a good strategy to use as mafia if you don't go overboard with it or don't really care what the community thinks.

People here usually spoiler game-unrelated messages aimed at other players and Black's #62 wasn't spoilered so I assume he just wanted everybody to see it. The only reason I'd do that is if I were scum faking it so that other players could see my ~emotion~ and townread me for it.

I do not know who the player behind Black is and it could be somebody that's impulsive and angry as town who just angrily posted without reservations, but his latest post does continue in the profile of scum posting emotion over content so I am not really letting him off until he posts some content.

My vote is still on Plague but I'd vote Black if I had a second vote.

On a side note I agree with King and Propeller that something feels off with Polar's post. Would really like to read Polar's opinions of the game when they're caught up which I hope is soon.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waaaaagh.

Polar's post is pretty bad. Nothing terribly unique in it, and it seems like he's treading over stuff that's already been covered, so his opinions aren't up to date with the thread.

Spectre, do you think Black would be so adversarial and such as mafia? Not a rhetorical question, genuinely curious since I'm not sure myself. It seems like a great way to get everyone to want to get rid of you, and from my experience mafia tend to only act that way after people already are on them, not as a default way. Not to say scum are never dicks, but usually it's in a "I'm better than this I don't care" arrogant sort of way which isn't how I'm reading Black.

Votals
Mole Knight (2) - Plague Knight, Tinker Knight
Propeller Knight (2) - Black Knight, Polar Knight
Black Knight (1) - Mole Knight
King Knight (1) - Treasure Knight
Plague Knight (1) - Specter Knight
Polar Knight (1) - Propeller Knight
Treasure Knight (1) - King Knight
Not Voting (0): None!

You have 48 hours and 30 minutes left in the phase. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Mole Knight backing up King Knight on his Plague Knight read feels bad because Plague explained it a few posts above.
I think Mole is just looking to follow popular opinions instead of reading the game, he should have seen Plague's last post.

Also @Propeller; Mole did say he was leaning scum on Black, but he still claimed to have three nullreads. Despite devoting a few paragraphs to chewing Black out, he doesn't put down a vote or even a FoS on Black. That's what I believe Plague means by consistency; Mole isn't putting his money where his mouth is, whereas Black is (even if Black was letting his emotions cloud his judgment).

(As an aside, Polar says he thinks King is putting in effort and so is leaning town on him.)

##unvote

##vote: Mole Knight

Specter, if Black kept on posting emotion over content, would you conclude he's faking it?

btw I typically don't like touching this sort of thing but players here tend to not use AtE in the way Black did when they're scum so that's why I'm not accounting for it in my read of them.

people have done so in the past but it's not a common thing and it's not something we exactly encourage so I, at least, am going to leave it alone, but do what you will I suppose

@Plague, that was actually directed at Propeller, who said he liked your post.

Just for my own clarification, are you saying you didn't take what Polar said into account, and that it changes your mind on him?

OK.

What do you make of Black subbing out? The timing is strange to me, I would have thought if that whole incident upset him to that degree he would've subbed out almost immediately.

I don't really think the timing is strange enough that I would think it's scum bailing. He's not even under a ton of pressure since most people didn't want to get more into that drama.

TIt's pretty interesting to me that it seems like both of you weren't particularly happy with me not wanting to push King. Here's the thing; I didn't want to push because I had seen real content from 2.5 players (the .5 being Black at the time) when there are 8 of you that I need to be looking at, and it's very easy in early game for someone to make a silly mistake and then get ragged on, which is what I was perceiving the situation as going to be until Black really got into the mix.

King and Tinker both moved past it and it's worth noting that I really didn't have much to press on? I told you I was conflicted about what was going on, and clearly I had misinterpreted some things. King gave me the impression of wanting to cover up his tracks, but his responses helped me feel a little better about it but not without totally getting rid of that feeling of unease. Either way, I need more substance to look at.

I am really not a fan of Tinker mentioning me "not wanting to get my hands dirty" and so far only asking for explanations with lukewarm accusations directed only at King who he doesn't seem to actually think is scum.

It is true that there were only 2.5 of us talking, but, you did not help that situation by making it 3.5 either. You simply made remarks on King Knight and did not try to change the conversation towards a point that will help you get a proper read on King Knight. You also left it to be done by others, which can be considered as "playing it safe" and that bothers me. It should also be noted that even in this post, you did not try to get a specific reaction out of anyone

I don't like that he was trying to trick you, I guess? Even unintentionally. But mostly it feels like he said a thing without thinking, it sort of backfired, and now he's trying to check himself before he wrecks himself, especially on a subject which has already confused enough people to warrant an announcement from the big guy himself. That's a thing anyone would do.

All in all I feel like it's a little early to make calls especially when we're just starting and people are obviously excited and wanting to jump into this headfirst; this whole scumslip thing feels like it's been blown out of proportion already which is something I was going to say earlier. However, it's been making plenty of conversation and material to work with so I'm not complaining

you saying this is this is too early to make a call also bothers me, because it has the same problem of you wanting to wait till others do something, instead of doing something yourself. To an extent, you can say my case on Treasure Knight is an extension to King Knight's case or that I am sheeping his.

##Unvote

##Vote: Treasure Knight

and the original subbed out ;/

Mole Knight backing up King Knight on his Plague Knight read feels bad because Plague explained it a few posts above.

I think Mole is just looking to follow popular opinions instead of reading the game, he should have seen Plague's last post.

Personally, I did not get what Plague Knight was trying to say, regarding both me and King Knights being town reads, until his second post where he explained it. So, I can see Mole Knight asking that question even after reading Plague Knight's post. What do you think of the thought process of Mole Knight?

What do you make of Black subbing out? The timing is strange to me, I would have thought if that whole incident upset him to that degree he would've subbed out almost immediately.

why do you think this is a legitimate topic to talk about?

Deep thoughts, how does one sub in for themselves? I'll have some interesting words postgame but for now, let the game commence! Give me a little while to try and make sense of the game, I'll post content in a few hours.

@Tinker;

;/ indeed.

Mole Knight said that Plague "ignored the request for an explanation"; this makes no sense if he found the first explanation confusing. I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to with the thought process, but I think the fact he apparently didn't see the first explanation is because he wasn't looking for it, and applied pressure in order appear active rather than get an answer out of Plague.

I asked that question of Plague because he was trying to get into Black's head earlier, so I wanted to know how it affected his read on Black.

@propeller; assuming you mean polar, I'll wait then.

@plague; that makes sense. I guess there's not much we can get from the old BK's posts anyway, so there's little point taking him into account.