Must Play Hacks?

Eon

there aren't a lot of actual eastern "groups" per se; there isn't anything that resembles a centralized knowledge hub the way we have here in the west, instead most projects are solo projects. there's a lot more completed projects because they generally focus more on things like mechanics and level design than graphics and presentation. from my musings, the "community" is held together by a sense of mutual competition - everybody has their own job and they want to be "the best", so they hide their knowledge and everyone else learns via reverse engineering. There are efforts, like febin, to centralize things, but there isn't a huuuuge amount of modern data or tools (there's a ton of publicised documentation and tools for the SNES days, less so as you get more recent)

I've always tried to patch the green/midori hack, but it doesn't work for me. I get the Japanese fire emblem 8 ROM, but it doesn't work. Any tips?

It's always worked fine for me. I went ahead and just applied the patch again from that link, and it worked. I used tsukuyomi to patch, and play with VisualBoy Advance.

I have a Japanese ROM from when it first leaked to the scene years and years ago, always had it laying around. I used this just now to patch and it worked, so maybe your ROM source is at fault? Get a copy from a different website or dump group and see if it works. If it still doesn't, send me a message and we'll see what we can do :)

It's always worked fine for me. I went ahead and just applied the patch again from that link, and it worked. I used tsukuyomi to patch, and play with VisualBoy Advance.

I have a Japanese ROM from when it first leaked to the scene years and years ago, always had it laying around. I used this just now to patch and it worked, so maybe your ROM source is at fault? Get a copy from a different website or dump group and see if it works. If it still doesn't, send me a message and we'll see what we can do :)

Thanks! I used a different patcher, and it worked.

Glad you got it working! There are a couple outstanding issues last I tried, such as Eirik being cloned with 0 stats and she disappears. I made a post in the Binary thread about how to avoid this--dunno if this latest version of the patch fixes it.

There also seems to be a problem late-game where the path to those final ruins doesn't open? There's some images in the download that show how to force the path open.

Other than that, Green is probably my favorite hack so far in the series, for its challenge and balance alone.