Fire Emblem 5 Warpless LTC

[spoiler=Rules]

-The warp staff is entirely banned from use

-Leif cannot travel anywhere via rewarp or the rescue staff. This includes having a unit rescuing him use rewarp and using rescue on a unit who is rescuing Leif.

-If movement stars activate the unit in question cannot move again.

-There will be no movement level ups.

-With some exceptions (rigging build on staff users to set up rewarp rescue chains, rigging Karin's stats, stopping Leif from getting build) stats will not be rigged, and I will aim to make strategies very reliable.

[spoiler=Videos]

Chapter 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZkVB2B31s&feature=youtu.be

Chapter 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9DeTsbRCOo&feature=youtu.be

Chapter 2x:

This is a warpless low turn count play through of Fire Emblem 5. The commentary in the first video is kind of rushed, so I'll probably record later chapters at a slower speed so I have time to talk about more things. Here's Chapter 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZkVB2B31s&feature=youtu.be

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

-If movement stars activate the unit in question cannot move again.

i think you can make some exceptions for this; for example, if you attack an enemy or use a staff and miss, then activate a movement star, you should be allowed to repeat that action.

Cool.

But contrary to what you said in the video, you can get the brave axe when four-turning the first chapter. In fact, you can also get the life ring while you're at it. These items might not be crucial to your plans but I figure they will at least help improve reliability. I tried recording my chapter 1 tactic to show you (which is just one way to go about it, there might be a better way that gives Leaf more exp or something). Note the use of supports and the fact that Leaf can use his Light sword to heal himself.

(Hopefully this works:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyER2HaBoh0

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the rest of your run. Good luck.

Edited by sine nomine

Ummm Marty will do some stuff early on. Maybe. And then be used to meet minimum deployment in chapter 9 or 13 and get left behind.

I haven't planned too much ahead, so as I'm putting these early videos out I have another save file where I'm playing ahead and testing things out. In terms of training specific units, staffers will still be trained (for rewarp rescue chains.) With the greater amount of time I have due to not using warp I'm also going to try and grind Asvel to A staves, as having a unit with good combat paramaters in the more enemy dense links of the chain could prove invaluable. Besides that I'm also considering loading a bunch of resources onto Karin. I think a well trained Karin could shave a few turns off of chapter 10 (if the rng is nice and I can find a good way to exploit ballista AI.) Later on Dean comes,but I'm sure having two strong fliers could make a difference in later chapters.

getting asvel to A rank staves seems like a bit of a lost cause; he needs at minimum 55 staff uses with 11 of those coming from fortify, rescue, and silence. he'll have to eat through nearly 2 mends and over 3 physics just to make it to B staves.

I don't have estimated turn counts because I'm still planning, but I can get a full twenty of those uses in chapter 14 and thirty in chapter 20. With constant use of staves in other chapters he will definitely be able to hit that benchmark by the end of chapter 20, hopefully a bit earlier. I won't have rewarp Asvel for long, but I think he'll be able to help a fair amount in the time I will have him.

As I'm going through recording the early chapters I'm doing a test play through, so I'll see how many opportunities I get to grind Asvel's staff rank before I record the final run. It may or may not work out, but perhaps I'll have a few chapters with rewarp Asvel.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I think you should elaborate on the rules, since recruiting Asvel might not be worth the turns in the first place. Also worth mentioning you're playing on normal instead of elite since elite mode would definitely make things easier.

but you also need to be grinding salem's staff rank in chapter 14

Not necessarially, since he isn't warpskipping. But if wants a combat unit to rewarp, he could feed Salem a ton of levels in chapter 14; I'm not sure if he can abuse the throne as well as Homeros can due to low PCC, but he can definitely get a lot of kills. The lopt mage reinforcements in particular give several easy levels.

I can anticipate warpless LTC tactics for most chapters, but I'm clueless about chapter 21. I guess that's the one chapter where your rewarp tactics might come in handy, but how are you planning to get past all those ballistae?

It's been a while since I've played through FE5 (which is why I'm doing a test run alongside my recordings) but that's one of the reasons I think rewarp Asvel might be useful. It may or may not be possible to rig a few staffers so that they're strong enough to take a ballistae hit, and if everything is done right they should only need to take one turn of ballistae fire (since I plan to have someone rescue Lara so that Leif can be seize the turn he's dropped off). I'll also have leg ring Karin, so if any specific balistae is especially troublesome I could snipe it. With carefully planned positioning and enough well trained rewarp users some strategy might be possible.

It'l be nice to see this. A few to many FE LTCs degenerate into warpfests (shadow dragon, i'm looking at you.), so it is always nice to see something with a more varied strategy.

Are you taking the Fort Norden or the Melfiye Forest path? I think the forest path might be faster if you capture a rewarp staff and use some rescue staff charges. If so, Miranda might be useful as the only siege tome wielder (assuming her recruitment doesn't slow you down).

But you get Sara earlier! (Assuming you'll be able to get her in time). Plus, all you have to do is have Karin, Dean, and Eda ferry people across the forest to the escape point (One for Leaf, Sara if you get her, and Miranda if you get her.)

• 2 weeks later...

This run isn't dead, only exceedingly slow!

Also, I was wondering if anyone familiar with FE5's RNG could tell me what exactly burns random numbers. I know opening a lot of menus does, and I'm trying to decide whether RNG planning is worth it, or if the amount of precision required would make the game almost unplayable.

Nice to see this is still going. I don't know anything about RNG manipulation (and I don't want to) but it probably won't matter to you since you're aiming to make tactics very reliable.

By the way, I have to correct something I said earlier: Miranda can't use meteor becaue she starts with D+35 fire rank and not C+35 as listed on this site. Not that it matters since it's faster to skip her, but it would have been nice to know before I started planning.

Edited by sine nomine

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to manipulate RNG in this run, you should talk to Nitrodon on TASVideos. I'm pretty sure he reverse engineered the formula for generating RNs, although I don't think he ever made a lua script for it (wouldn't be hard to do though).

This post gives some information on what advances the RNG and what memory addresses they are located.