Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Heey. Great hack so far. Prologue was tough thanks to the axe hitters hitting me for some reason.... Charact

Whoa. A new project out of the blue, 100% completed?

You're the second in the world to achieve a 100% completed (almost) full-scale FE hack, so props to you! :0

That said, this looks marvellous and I can't wait to have the time to play this.

I also find your dedication to this project to be very inspiring.

Thanks guys.

Also @Alfred Kamon:

Just wanted to say that I've played your Midnight Sun project. Really enjoyed what you have so far. Looking forward to be able to play the full version someday. (soon?)

Well Val says something before the chapter starts saying something like "try not kill them if you can," so I took that as "finish the chapter without killing anyone and you'll get a bonus reward."

...Well, crap, I can see how that might be misleading actually.

Valentine is a liar, don't listen to her.

She also says something like this later, so for future reference, you should instead just take her saying that to be in the context of what's going on in the plot, not actually as any kind of objective.

Now that you mention that though, maybe that could be something I'll consider for the future, if I ever do decide to make any major changes to this.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Well, crap, I can see how that might be misleading actually.

Valentine is a liar, don't listen to her.

She also says something like this later, so for future reference, you should instead just take her saying that to be in the context of what's going on in the plot, not actually as any kind of objective.

Now that you mention that though, maybe that could be something I'll consider for the future, if I ever do decide to make any major changes to this.

Okay great thank you for letting me know. I was just thinking in context of Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn where not killing certain units gives you bonus EXP. Aside from my whining, I'm very much enjoying the game so far. Thanks for working so hard on this.

Hey Man, you forgot to say on your guide to recruit characters that Alicia joins automatically on Chapter 10 and that she can recruit Edward, the thief by talking to him ( Sorry if my english sucks )

Oops...

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit that in the original post. Sorry if anyone else didn't realise this and killed him or something (I really hope you didn't. He's the only thief you get.)

something gamebreaking occured

chapter 23 seems to be unbeatable if you dont have any door keys/rogue. i killed edward early on and didnt bother to go back, so i got stuck here. i tried hacking in some door keys but that didnt work, and i even tried changing ash's class to assassin(or in this case, rouge) to use a lockpick but that didnt work either

http://gyazo.com/f4fa4e3d165b41ea990d0d6902aeeab5

as you can see the items are greyed out

i was really drawn in with the story so it would suck if i cant progress any further. do you know how to fix this?

I'm not sure if you intended this or not, but it seems like you can't trade with Almer. I used him to buy a bunch of stuff in the chapter I recruited him and now I can't get them from him :/

something gamebreaking occured

chapter 23 seems to be unbeatable if you dont have any door keys/rogue. i killed edward early on and didnt bother to go back, so i got stuck here. i tried hacking in some door keys but that didnt work, and i even tried changing ash's class to assassin(or in this case, rouge) to use a lockpick but that didnt work either

http://gyazo.com/f4fa4e3d165b41ea990d0d6902aeeab5

as you can see the items are greyed out

i was really drawn in with the story so it would suck if i cant progress any further. do you know how to fix this?

Wow, you're there already?

Anyway, to open the doors on that chapter you have to step on the different looking tiles. (Like the one that's above the where the sniper is standing.) There are two more of these as well to step on behind the boss units. It's like the switch tiles on the chapter where you get Rath on Lyn's mode. (Unless they're not working either, which is bad)

Sorry about that, I thought it would have been a bit more clear, even if nothing is said about it.

Question to you:

Did you encounter the character stat glitch on chapter 15?

Seems wrong to just massacre all those guys in chapter 4 but I want the phat loots so I won't be doing it the easy way lol.

Wish there was another way but I don't want to miss out on the items and xp.

Kill them, kill them all

Nothing wrong with that. Assume anyway that, your people aren't actually killing them all. It doesn't affect anything either way.

I'm not sure if you intended this or not, but it seems like you can't trade with Almer. I used him to buy a bunch of stuff in the chapter I recruited him and now I can't get them from him :/

I actually think that something hardcoded in the game?

But one way to get them back is to go (in prep screen) to Trade -> Select a character -> List. From here you can look everyone's items and take items from him, I think. It will say "Owner: Almer" at the top

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Wow, you're there already?

Anyway, to open the doors on that chapter you have to step on the different looking tiles. (Like the one that's above the where the sniper is standing.) There are two more of these as well to step on behind the boss units. It's like the switch tiles on the chapter where you get Rath on Lyn's mode. (Unless they're not working either, which is bad)

Sorry about that, I thought it would have been a bit more clear, even if nothing is said about it.

Question to you:

Did you encounter the character stat glitch on chapter 15?

Ah, how silly of me.

yes i did. kane had 40 skl when he came back, but i thought i'd report it with my impression of the hack once i finished it

I actually think that something hardcoded in the game?

But one way to get them back is to go (in prep screen) to Trade -> Select a character -> List. From here you can look everyone's items and take items from him, I think. It will say "Owner: Almer" at the top

I honestly forget about the mechanic from FE7, but I remember that you can trade with Merlinus in FE6. I'm thinking there might be a way to port that over if you ever decide to edit the game? Anyways, the list thing worked so thank you very much!

You might consider adding this to the missable stuff spoiler in the OP: In chapter 8, have Katarina talk to Val and you get a Secret Salve.

The boss of chapter 2 still has a vanilla boss description despite being unrelated to the Ganelon bandits...

I have to say, I enjoyed this game's story and characters. Whoever wrote them did an amazing job. I liked the ending too. 10/10 would play any sequels/prequels/what have you.

Thanks.

I had feared that the story might get particularly weak as it got closer to the end, seeing as the ending is usually the most difficult bit, but I'm glad someone likes it.

You might consider adding this to the missable stuff spoiler in the OP: In chapter 8, have Katarina talk to Val and you get a Secret Salve.

Yeah, good point.

I'll do that.

The boss of chapter 2 still has a vanilla boss description despite being unrelated to the Ganelon bandits...

Damn it...

Now I get what Wayward Winds was saying earlier when he posted something similar.

Yeah, I guess he must have the wrong description text ID :/

I think his description should instead be "The leader of a low-time mercenary group. Hired to fight for Egardia."

A complete fire emblem hack Wow I am going to try this out :) and I don't mean to be pushy but is there a list of support you have made or can make. Really happy to see another fire emblem hack that is complete.

Yeah, the supports are actually listed on the growths sheet link in the main post. (The last tab)

Of course though, they're only available as of chapter 9 and onwards.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Yeah, the supports are actually listed on the growths sheet link in the main post. (The last tab)

Of course though, they're only available as of chapter 9 and onwards.

Oh thank you :) Hope you keep making Hacks I kind of wish you did fire emblem 4 remake but I rather it be asurpise if you did. I look at the sheet but I don't see the support list all I see are growths am I missing something.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

Oh thank you :) Hope you keep making Hacks I kind of wish you did fire emblem 4 remake but I rather it be asurpise if you did. I look at the sheet but I don't see the support list all I see are growths am I missing something.

???

Does the page not look like this?

http://gyazo.com/8567a10ba3dc947e369e0b7cce352368

EDIT: Also, heh, I don't see myself working on another hack anytime soon.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Moving on slowly but surely; not a lot of free time, so I've just hit Ch. 5. [spoiler=Florence...]To tell the truth, the Florence scenes are really resonating with me since I went through the same thing with my mother back in December; it's not a good way to know, but I can confirm that some people really do react like that. Although in my case I quickly dropped from that into braindead numbness.

???

On a less morbid note, I get part of the page, but I can't scroll tabs to the right. I can see as far as halfway through the Laraya tab, so seeing as the Supports are listed in a tab beyond that, I can't get to 'em (yeah, I know I don't need to worry about it until I hit Ch. 9, I'm just curious about them).

I'm still astonished you completed this thing before you let the cat out of the bag. It would have been a real shame if that cat had been left to suffocate given how good the whole thing is at drawing you in.

Edited by Wayward Winds

Moving on slowly but surely; not a lot of free time, so I've just hit Ch. 5. [spoiler=Florence...]To tell the truth, the Florence scenes are really resonating with me since I went through the same thing with my mother back in December; it's not a good way to know, but I can confirm that some people really do react like that. Although in my case I quickly dropped from that into braindead numbness.

On a less morbid note, I get part of the page, but I can't scroll tabs to the right. I can see as far as halfway through the Laraya tab, so seeing as the Supports are listed in a tab beyond that, I can't get to 'em (yeah, I know I don't need to worry about it until I hit Ch. 9, I'm just curious about them).

I'm still astonished you completed this thing before you let the cat out of the bag. It would have been a real shame if that cat had been left to suffocate given how good the whole thing is at drawing you in.

Sorry to hear about that first part there, man. I've never actually had an experience like that, so I'm glad that it doesn't come off as stupid or offensive.

And hmm, I'm not sure what I can do to solve that problem about the growths page. I might have to upload to separate things, maybe.

If anyone's got any better solutions, I'm open to suggestions.

EDIT: Also just noticed that Alyssa's growths sheet (to anyone that can see it) don't tell you anything, although I guess she's just a dancer, so it doesn't matter that much.

But I'll edit it once I fix the other issue too.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

It doesn't naturally scroll right for me either; you have to zoom the page out to reach the far right entries. Sacred Blaze, I'd advise putting a notice telling people to zoom out if they can't scroll the top bar. (Can you scroll it, btw?)

???

EDIT: Also, heh, I don't see myself working on another hack anytime soon.

Oh that a bummer but thank for this hack though. The list doesn't show up at all just the growths. But maybe you should post the supports as there own attachments on the main page for people who want to find out about the supports. Thanks for making the list.

It doesn't naturally scroll right for me either; you have to zoom the page out to reach the far right entries. Sacred Blaze, I'd advise putting a notice telling people to zoom out if they can't scroll the top bar. (Can you scroll it, btw?)

Ah, thanks okay, I'll add that to the main post. For me, all of the options can be seen, like in the picture I posted, so I don't need to scroll. People can click on other tabs though, right? (From the ones that are visible?)