A daily cup of tea.

TeamasterTwekczar

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today while waiting for the poll to continue I'm going to recommend Earl Grey. It's has a nice, bitter, smooth taste that can be pleasing on it's own but is a great tea to put stuff into. You can make it it extra creamy by adding your favorite dairy. Add some sweetness to balance out the taste of that tea with some type of sweetener (like syrup, honey, or sugar.) Or you could be like me, when I'm not on my diet, and mix all of that together add vanilla ice cream, add whipped cream, add something as a garnish, and then drink to enjoy. It's a universal multitasker among teas.

I hope you enjoy this universal recommendation.

How do you prepare milk teas? I get that the general idea is to replace the water with milk, but does that mean you want to boil the milk most of the time as well?

Tea preparation is not a thing I have a lot of experience with, but I do think the potential for personal customization is sorely under-appreciated, particularly with the abundance of pre-prepared recipes like Earl Grey. I mean, Arnold Palmer is making bank because nobody else bothered to try a tea and lemonade mix? It just goes to show that outside the box is still a very under-explored area when it comes to teas, even with the currently massive number of extant tea blends.

Edited by Tamarsamar

How do you prepare milk teas? I get that the general idea is to replace the water with milk, but does that mean you want to boil the milk most of the time as well?

It depends from person to person but I tend to seep in boiling water and some milk or in boiling milk.

Tea preparation is not a thing I have a lot of experience with, but I do think the potential for personal customization is sorely under-appreciated, particularly with the abundance of pre-prepared recipes like Earl Grey. I mean, Arnold Palmer is making bank because nobody else bothered to try a tea and lemonade mix? It just goes to show that outside the box is still a very under-explored area when it comes to teas, even with the currently massive number of extant tea blends.

I can't reveal my entire hand, right?

So for today I'm gonna cut a corner and recommend that you enjoy an Oolong today. Whether you're sick or just wanting something different this tea can deliver a unique taste that sets it appart from the rest. I've described it in the past but unless we are talking about a specific type of Oolong I really can't describe the general taste that is Oolong Tea. It's worth a try and drink it with anything that you would have on a summer's eve (crackers, biscuits, bark).

I hope you enjoy this simple recommendation.

Edited by TeamasterTwekczar

Ok..... Today I'm gonna recommend another Teavana Tea. I feel like I've said my piece on Teavana. While at once they were an amazing place for tea they now sell their stuff overpriced and seem to have lower quality tea. This makes it hard to recommend them when there are better tea places that can give you better quality for cheaper..... But some times they make some great teas like Opus Rouge. It's a sweet and lofty red tea that goes goes down with ease. If there is a bitter taste in the tea it's hidden well over all the other flavor profiles. And the smell of the tea, so fruity, so wonderful, so luscious, a single sniff brings a tear or two towards the eye.

I hope you enjoy this red tea recommendation.

So I have two big announcements.

First off, from around Thursday to Sunday, I will be busy with getting ready for my brothers wedding.This means travel and other things that might take up my time. I'll try to post recommendations each day but I want to give fair warning that I might miss a day or two.

Second thing I'm going to announce is that the poll will end around august 27th. This will give me some time to do some testing. Then some time within the next two weeks I'll post the recipe that you guys voted for.

So with that said I'll give you a simple recommendation today. Try a new type of tea that you haven't tried before. Whether it be a tea you see in a Starbucks or that pack of green tea you never opened up that's sitting there on your counter. Be adventurous and try a tea you wouldn't think you'd ever drink.

I hope you enjoy this adventurous recommendation.

*comes walking on in*

Well guys I'm back!

*Tumble weed comes rolling on by*

Oh... Guess I was gone for too long.

With that silliness out of the way today I'm gonna do two recommendations. My first one is going to be a nice and simple recommendation on a black tea for today and tomorrow.

Next if you want a specific tea go with a Raspberry Black Tea. Get the loose leaves and just drop them in the boiling water and let

it seep it's goodness into your glass. It's nice,sweet, majestic and overall something wonderful in the glass.

Also as a bonus the sweetener for the next two days is Honey.

So today I'm gonna recommend a theory on a tea recipe. Today lets make a fruity tea drink.

1) First off lets brew us up some tea. Choose whatever you want but something with a bitter taste is recommended.

2) Then get you some fruit juice. Make a mix of many if you can.

3) Then you slowly pour both liquids into a pitcher. Proportion it so the taste is right where you want it.

4) Optionally add some sweetener if you want.

5) Enjoy with funny glass and bendy and/or crazy straws.

I hope you enjoy this theoretical recommendation.

How 'bout mixing two fruity flavors of tea together?

Not a bad Idea.

Today I recommend the experimentation of teas. Find two or more teas you like and try brewing them together. While this is easier with loose leaves, you can do this with tea bags as well. Mix and match and you might find some rather interesting flavors. Oh, and don't worry if you make something wonky. With experimentation comes failed experiments, so don't be afraid to mess up.

I hope you enjoy this experimental recommendation.

Ok so first off as a recommendation for today were going to go small and just find yourself some wonderful fruit tea.

But in others news, we have a winner!

The special Tea that will be made is a Fancy Specialty Red Vanilla Bean Desert Tea!

Congrats to all those who voted for it. I will begin working on it on Sunday.

Thanks for participation in the poll and have a wonderful day today with some fruity tea.

Today I'm going to recommend the cure to help those sleepless night, Chamomile Tea. This nice, refreshing, sensual tea will help one relax and bring you to a nice zen. Use it when sleepy or use it when you want something nice to calm your nerves. Heck use it when your just feeling thirsty.

It may be short but I hope you enjoy this calming recommendation.

Today I'm gonna do two recommendations. The first one I'm going to recommend is that you try a tea with the sweetener Blue Agave. If you can find this wonderful sweetener try it in your tea. It's got this sweet, smooth, rich flavor that to me works best with Black and Oolong teas. Maybe it's just me but I only use honey as a sweetener in my Green Tea.

For a tea I recommend something simple. Let's go with the runner up from the poll. Have a nice cup of early grey. Give it some milk, sweetener, whipped cream, anything!. Enjoy and have fun with it.

I hope you enjoy these dual recommendations.

Sorry for missing some days but I've been very swampt with college. Mainly two different language tests and an acting assignment. But let's not waste anytime.

Today I'm gonna start with a sweetener recommendation of honey. Use it in green tea to get that extra wonderful flavor. It' goes best with Mint Green Tea.

Then for a broad and easy recommendation let's go with green tea. Let's get something to complement that honey. Nice and leafy any green tea will work today.

Finally lets go with something loose and special, like Jasmine Pearls. Best thing to do with this is let the pearls seep in the tea for about 3 minutes. Let that water suck up the succulent flavor of that tea and then pour in some warm honey in it.

I hope you enjoy this sweet and green recommendation.

So today I'm gonna give a theory recipe (that I am still making tweeks for and have been for the past couple of days) for Gelatin. Tea Gelatin!

1) First make up 8oz of Tea..

2) Then you chill your tea. Get it nice and cold.

3) Pour this Tea into a bowl.

4) Add one packet of unflavored gelatin Mix. You can find this at most supermarkets and for a small price too.

5) Let the gelatin mix sit in the tea for about a minute or two.

6) Then brew up about 18 oz of the same tea.

7) While the tea is still hot pour the 18 oz in and stir in another packet of gelatin mix

8) Once the gelatin mix is completely dissolved put in a fridge till it congeals. Then enjoy! Optionally add sweetener in before adding in the first packet of gelatin mix.

I hope you enjoy gelatinous recommendation.

I want to give a side note that I am still testing this recipe as this is still my first time working on something like this so do keep that in mind if you try out this recipe and something goes wrong.

So today let's make some Tea popsicles!

1) First off lets brew us up some tea. Something that's not too bitter (unless you want a bitter popsicle).

2) Then, if you want, add in your favorite sweetener into the tea.

3) Get an empty ice tray and place a piece of fruit into the ice tray. Each piece of fruit must be small enough to fit into each area of the ice tray without taking up most of the space. I find that raspberries and blueberries work best. *Note if you use blueberries use two in each tray*

4) Add a pinch of sugar around each piece of fruit.

5) Now pour the tea into the ice tray until each of the cubes are filled with tea.

6) Put some plastic wrap over the Ice tray and add one toothpick into each tray

7) Put in the freezer until it is ready to serve.

I hope you enjoy this iced recommendation.

So this isn't really a Tea recipe but it's needed with the 2000 view recipe coming up. So I thought that I should mention this recipe in advance mainly cause this needs to be prepared a couple of days in advanced.

1) Take some raspberries wash them and get them cleaned. I say between 10-25 berries.

2) Then put the berries into some type of container that can be stored away in the fridge for about 2 or 3 days. Tupperware works best.

3) Then sprinkle about 2 Teaspoons of sugar on the berries

4) Then add about 2 oz of water onto the berries

5) Then sprinkle 2 more teaspoons of sugar onto the berries

6) Then add water till the berries are nearly all under water but the water hasn't filled up the container.

7) Then add about 2 table spoons of some syrup-like sweetener into the mix. Something like blue agave or maple syrup would work best. Honey would work just as well.

8) Then seal up the container air tight and give it a good shake for about a minute to a minute and a half.

9) Then store away for about 1-3 days.

Again I'm posting this recipe just so it's here for the desert recipe.

Fine I'll post a recommendation of tea. Have yourself some nice English no. 1 Tea from Ahmads Tea. It's really good.

I hope you enjoy today's unexpected recommendation.