Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Well in terms of Mag, Orochi is definitely better.Kagerou is a better mother for offensive kids who already have decent Str like Deere.

For Dark Mage, I would not bother marrying Kanna for Sorc and just A+ Ophelia so you can leave Syalla's options open.

Based on stat caps, Sorc is better the Exorcist and Syalla does not need to be a healer since Sakura and Elise are already better.

For marriage, I would recommend someone who has access to Samurai or Knight(Being Hisame or Kanna).Depending on the class you could have, you could have a massive pain in the ass for fast enemies or a great nosfertank.

Recommended set-up:

Syalla@Sorc

Hisame as husband

Main weapon is Excalibur

-Vantage(Imperative)

-Astra(More damage and helps with proc sacking)

-Vengeance(Your typical VV set-up)

-Tomefaire(With the 35 max Mag from Sorc, her ineherited +4 Mag from parents(Or +5 if kids get +1 to all stats)and the +5 from this gives her a whopping +9/10 to Sorc 35 Mag mod not counting Mag statues)

-Filler(Possibly Devilish Wind)

Tank:

Syalla@Sorc

Kanna as husband(Secondary must be Knight)

Main weapon is Nosferatu

-Defensive Formation(Since Nosferatu cannot double any more this is great)

-Tomefaire(Same as in above Set-up)

-Vengeance(Just for the proc)

-Resistance Seal(Great for allowing you to do more damage)

-Filler(Again maybe Devilish Wind)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been asked already, but with the individual unit Pair-Up bonus stats having been compiled for both Hoshido and Nohr, is there any means of calculating the Pair-Up values for the second gen units?

Also, would I be correct in assuming the asset of the MU relates to their pair-up bonus, and if so, how specifically?

Which pairing is the better choice mod wise: Oboro!Ignis or Rinkah!Ignis?

Oboro!Ignis is much better. You're looking at +2 strength and +3 skill at the cost of maybe 1 def/res and small losses in irrelevant stats.(loses 1 mag and 1 luck compared to Rinkah) Lance Fighter is also a top tier inheritance, due to Breaking Sky, seals and a very relevant faire for Ignis. Extravagance is great and probably his best inheritance from Oboro, since Ignis can get Puppeteer access through an A+ with Gurei. An Ignis with Knight/Fighter/Lance Fighter/Ninja is very viable. Not as great as others due to his speed hole, but viable.

Benoit himself also has more to gain from Oboro than he does from Rinkah, for much the same reasons as his son - Breaking Sky, seals and relevant faire. Oboro also appreciates getting classes that can work well with her seal selection and faire.

Mods look like this:

Oboro!Ignis: 2/0/2/-1/0/5/1

Rinkah!Ignis: 0/1/-1/-1/1/6/2

Edited by HeoandReo

I'm planning on having Syalla's ending class being Sorcerer (from Syalla marrying Kanna) for my Hoshido playthough but I don't know if I want Tsukuyomi to marry Sakura or Mozume. I also wanted to know which if these skill sets would work more.

Sakura!Syalla (Sorcerer)

Ending Skills - Breaking Sky, Astra (from Sakura), Tomefaire (from Tsukuyomi), Devilish Wind, Flamboyant, and Renewal

Mozume!Syalla (Sorcerer)

Ending Skills - Breaking Sky, Vengeance, Tomefaire (from Tsukuyomi), Devilish Wind, Miracle, and Renewal (from Mitama A+)

I'm planning on having Syalla's ending class being Sorcerer (from Syalla marrying Kanna) for my Hoshido playthough but I don't know if I want Tsukuyomi to marry Sakura or Mozume. I also wanted to know which if these skill sets would work more.

Sakura!Syalla (Sorcerer)

Ending Skills - Breaking Sky, Astra (from Sakura), Tomefaire (from Tsukuyomi), Devilish Wind, Flamboyant, and Renewal

Mozume!Syalla (Sorcerer)

Ending Skills - Breaking Sky, Vengeance, Tomefaire (from Tsukuyomi), Devilish Wind, Miracle, and Renewal (from Mitama A+)

I believe that Mozume would be the most helpful of them. Syalla already gets Priestess from Mitama, and you don't need Astra when you have Breaking Sky. Syalla's growths will also benefit from Apitude a lot.

Looking at some videos I noticed that while Ryoma has top tier offence thanks to the Rajin Katana, I feel that he could do more with a class different from Trueblade. I mean, Xander has the Siegfried plus the ability to use lances and a mount.

I think that Ryoma would make a perfect Elite Ninja. The class can be obtained by A+ Saizou or by S Kagerou(which I plan to do). He gets lower Str and defences than Trueblade and his class bonuses are +5 Hit, Avo, Crt and CrtEv instead of +10 Crt and Avo.

The good thing about EN for Ryoma is that he can still use the Rajin Katana, and the +4 Mt that it gives extends to all the other weapons. Coupled with Kunaifaire it makes +9 Mt. This would be his skillset:

- Kunaifaire

- Snake Venom

- Deadly Breath(S Camilla if he A+ Saizou)/Prescient Victory(A+ Takumi if he S Kagerou)

- Flowing Strike

- Astra

This way if Ryoma doesn't kill the enemy, he really weakens him. With the Needle Shuriken he can dispose of every General he meets. And with the Reverse Katana Ryoma has full control over the Weapon Triangle.

I'm also thinking to make Takumi a Bow Knight by marrying him with Femui that has access to Mercenary. The class would give full control over the Weapon Triangle with a Reverse Katana and decent stats, expecially good Res to deal with Tomes. His skillset would be:

- Breaking Sky

- Bowfaire

- Prescient Victory/Patient Assurance

- Soar

- Sol/Proximity Shot(when it comes out)

Whag do you think? Should I switch Mercenary for Outlaw to give Takumi Pass and Mov+1, which coupled with the Fujin Bow's bonus would make Bow God Takumi even *more* broken?

Edited by Soen

I'm also thinking to make Takumi a Bow Knight by marrying him with Femui that has access to Mercenary. The class would give full control over the Weapon Triangle with a Reverse Katana and decent stats, expecially good Res to deal with Tomes. His skillset would be:

- Breaking Sky

- Bowfaire

- Prescient Victory/Patient Assurance

- Soar

- Sol/Proximity Shot(when it comes out)

Whag do you think? Should I switch Mercenary for Outlaw to give Takumi Pass and Mov+1, which coupled with the Fujin Bow's bonus would make Bow God Takumi even *more* broken?

I was thinking something similar, either Mercenary or Wyvern Rider for Takumi. I sitll haven't really decided tbh. I think Mercenary would give him more.

Anyone have advice for the best candidates for lodestar and great lord ?

I've been leaning towards Leon and Aqua,

but it seems that lodestar puts Leon's magic to waste (plus his stats aren't as impressive)

and I feel like I should at least keep Aqua as a singer since it's a unique class..

SO CONFLICTED ~ ; A ;

Also on a sidenote, is it useful at all for me to have my f!Kamui pass down aptitude to Kanna and Foleo ?

Leon's giving them copycat and I'll probably end up giving them renewal otherwise.

Foleo's end class will be either butler or adventurer.

Anyone have advice for the best candidates for lodestar and great lord ?

I've been leaning towards Leon and Aqua,

but it seems that lodestar puts Leon's magic to waste (plus his stats aren't as impressive)

and I feel like I should at least keep Aqua as a singer since it's a unique class..

SO CONFLICTED ~ ; A ;

Also on a sidenote, is it useful at all for me to have my f!Kamui pass down aptitude to Kanna and Foleo ?

Leon's giving them copycat and I'll probably end up giving them renewal otherwise.

Foleo's end class will be either butler or adventurer.

As a final class? No to both. Leon would waste his magic and Aqua her usefulness as a Singer(plus she's still made of wet paper even as a Great Lord). I think Xander would actually benefit from the class.

Kamui can't learn Apitude as s/he can't access Villager. Mozume!Kanna inherits Villager, though.

The Great Lord skills would benefit Aqua greatly if you put her back as a Dancer afterwards. Lodestar I'm not too sure about.

Btw is Kazehana a good mother for Soleil modwise?

aah I'd rather not waste the Great Lord seal if I don't use it as an endclass though !

As a final class? No to both. Leon would waste his magic and Aqua her usefulness as a Singer(plus she's still made of wet paper even as a Great Lord). I think Xander would actually benefit from the class.

Kamui can't learn Apitude as s/he can't access Villager. Mozume!Kanna inherits Villager, though.

And alright, thanks; I had thought as much ; m ;

I guess I'll just make Matoi or Belka go Great Lord then...

and really ?? I might consider that ! Haven't used Marx much and don't plan to, but if I don't come up with anything else,

I'll probably end up doing that ~

Also, really ?? Just double checked and my F!Kamui has aptitude though...

so, I shouldn't pass it down ?

edit: these are my current MU skills as of now, please tell me if I'm just being silly and reading it incorrectly ; u ;

aptitude.jpg

Edited by mimasho

aah I'd rather not waste the Great Lord seal if I don't use it as an endclass though !

And alright, thanks; I had thought as much ; m ;

I guess I'll just make Matoi or Belka go Great Lord then...

and really ?? I might consider that ! Haven't used Marx much and don't plan to, but if I don't come up with anything else,

I'll probably end up doing that ~

Also, really ?? Just double checked and my F!Kamui has aptitude though...

so, I shouldn't pass it down ?

edit: these are my current MU skills as of now, please tell me if I'm just being silly and reading it incorrectly ; u ;

aptitude.jpg

Wait what? That is Apitude. I thought only Mozume could have access to Villager among all the 1st Gen units. If you have it that it's totally worth to pass it to Kanna and any other possible child. Just out of curiosity, did you buy it from Streetpass? That would explain it.

Wait what? That is Apitude. I thought only Mozume could have access to Villager among all the 1st Gen units. If you have it that it's totally worth to pass it to Kanna and any other possible child. Just out of curiosity, did you buy it from Streetpass? That would explain it.

okay, that's what I thought I got confused for a second xD

and great, thanks for the help ! Now I can finally my children's paralogues ~!

And yes, I did ! It was from a random person and I thought it was interesting since I hadn't seen any MUs with aptitude,

so I bought it on a whim after a rather lengthy battle ~ ; u ;

Is Kazahana a good mother for Soleil?

She's pretty good. 3 strength, 4 skill and 2 speed definitely isn't bad, and Samurai is a solid inheritance. -3 defense is a bit low, but if you're willing to work around it she should work fine.

I'm probably going to marry Silas and have my secondary be Lance Fighter, and do +Skill/-Def. Reclass and get Breaking Sky, have Silas Marriage Seal for Flamboyance, then have Zoffy the Brave Hero get Sol, Luna, Dragon Fang, Breaking Sky, and Flamboyant. 85% Breaking Sky plus 3 other Skill-based abilities working off of Flamboyant seems pretty incredible to me. I really need to get this game (/IN 2016/) so I can see for myself if this is as good as I'm thinking, but you guys that have the game are the experts here. Is Flamboyant worth the enemy turn risk?

also: this is for Nohr, which is why i cant just have Silas marry a proper lance fighter

Edited by Dalyzor

Alright I'm really struggling finding a mother that suits Kinu. While I would like to fix that terrible skill mod, I don't know if I'm being too picky or if there's another way to build Kinu without relying on skill activation. Moms available are Azura, Kagerou, Felicia, Mozume, Setsuna, Pieri, Orochi, Hana and Rinkah.

Rinkah definitely doesn't fit mod wise. Felicia I feel could be used elsewhere like on Odin or Kaze for magical children. Mozume maybe. Azura looks good but should I worry about that -4 def mod. Pieri and Kagerou are maybes. Setsuna is great for nearly everyone because speed. Orochi doesn't feel right but who knows. Hana would be amazing sounding but again the defense makes me worry.

I'm not the smartest when it comes to set building so maybe some of the moms I'm eh about are better then I think. Recommendations are appreciated :)

I asked this a while back but never got an answer so I'll try again

Would a +Spd or +Str on Kamui be more beneficial for Shinonome's mods? (and which flaw to complement, at that)

And while I'm here, how do I go about getting Rinka's mods to play nice? Should I build Str to offset her -1, or just stack defense?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Alright I'm really struggling finding a mother that suits Kinu. While I would like to fix that terrible skill mod, I don't know if I'm being too picky or if there's another way to build Kinu without relying on skill activation. Moms available are Azura, Kagerou, Felicia, Mozume, Setsuna, Pieri, Orochi, Hana and Rinkah.

Rinkah definitely doesn't fit mod wise. Felicia I feel could be used elsewhere like on Odin or Kaze for magical children. Mozume maybe. Azura looks good but should I worry about that -4 def mod. Pieri and Kagerou are maybes. Setsuna is great for nearly everyone because speed. Orochi doesn't feel right but who knows. Hana would be amazing sounding but again the defense makes me worry.

I'm not the smartest when it comes to set building so maybe some of the moms I'm eh about are better then I think. Recommendations are appreciated :)

Well, like it's been said, Pieri's mods fit too well. They strengthen her strengths already, but make her weaknesses even worse. Personally I'd go for Setsuna, Mozume, or (what I'm doing personally) Hana.

I asked this a while back but never got an answer so I'll try again

Would a +Spd or +Str on Kamui be more beneficial for Shinonome's mods? (and which flaw to complement, at that)

And while I'm here, how do I go about getting Rinka's mods to play nice? Should I build Str to offset her -1, or just stack defense?

I feel a +Str -Lck Kamui would be good

Mods would be +3/-1/+2/0/-3/+2/-1

Therefore a Kamui!Shinonome with these mods would have

+5 Str

0 Mag

+5 Skl

+2 Spd

-1 Lck

+1 Def

-2 Res

I think those are pretty solid :)

I feel a +Str -Lck Kamui would be good

Mods would be +3/-1/+2/0/-3/+2/-1

Therefore a Kamui!Shinonome with these mods would have

+5 Str

0 Mag

+5 Skl

+2 Spd

-1 Lck

+1 Def

-2 Res

I think those are pretty solid :)

Alright. Might do that. Thanks!

I saw something on a Nosfertank earlier... If you want to Nosfertank in Nohr/Invis, Ophelia is probably your best bet, with DLC (bias what bias :V)

Camilla!Ophelia@Dark Knight/Revanant Knight

Mods: +2/+1/+3/+1/-1/+1/+0

-Shadowgift (Witch DLC)

-Defensive Formation (S Ignis/Knight!MU)

-Vantage

-Vengance

-Deadly Breath

Or, for Invis...

Rinkah!Ophelia@DK

Mods: +0/+2/+0/+0/+2/+3/+0

-Shadowgift

-Defensive Formation

-Vantage

-Vengance

-Resistance Seal

Rinkah can't marry Odin ;~;

E: What about Speed Drain for Tamumi and Xander? Do they want/need it?

Edited by JothTheConqueror