Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Yeah, if it's for Charlotte!Velour, she should probably be a Berserker. For some reason I thought you were asking about Charlotte herself being an Oni Savage. As mentioned earlier, Velour doesn't get Oni Savage from Charlotte, though I think she can inherit a skill from that class tree.

As for Elise, she does benefit a bit herself with an A+ with Azura. Falcon Knight is a decent class that lets her use her staff rank, and she can pick up a few other good abilities such as Sun God. In IK she may want Sakura for Tomefaire, but in Nohr Azura is a very good choice. Odin's A+s are very lacking, though. Maybe Sol from Lazward?

For Sophie, Swallow Strike is a good option, and if you're giving Elise to Ophelia there's a good argument for Sophie (or possibly Velour) to take Shigure instead. Depending on Shigure's father, he may be missing out on a proc, so pairing him with Sophie would be a good choice, even if it's just for Luna. He can also get Diamond Strike to compliment his Mirror Strike to be impenetrable on player phase. Vengeance isn't quite as good as it used to be, though it is still viable, so Ophelia is still a spouse to consider.

Mitama would be my pick for a Birthright Great Lord, particularly Oboro!Mitama, who would get 4 strength, 2 skill, 3 speed and 3 defense. Her father can pick up Swallow Strike himself, and Oboro passes all of the good skills that come with Lance Fighter. Mitama can get Extravagance and Copycat by herself, filling out any other skills that she might find useful. Marry her to Hisame and you're basically set, since Samurai + Lance Fighter gives both relevant faires. She could run a final set that looks like this:

*Swallow Strike, Breaking Sky, Aether/Astra(depending on husband), Extravagance, Flamboyant/Line of Death

This could also be run with Hana!Mitama married to Shinonome. Hana!Mitama would get 4 speed but -1 defense, though her res would also be higher.

that's not bad either

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, I was thinking of +MAG/-LCKā€¦

+MAG/-LCK Grandmaster, capped:

55 HP, 30 Str, 36 Mag, 33 Skl, 31 Spd, 23 Lck, 28 Def, 35 Res

The main drawback to the -LCK flaw is that the Grandmaster is already pretty bad at luck to begin with, so they might be prone to being crit. Then against, Rally Luck exists in Hoshido/Invisible, and the upgraded Yato (for when its being used) does grant +10 Crit Evade. [Dragonstones also do this, although they cannot be used in Grandmaster].

For reference, I compare Grandmaster (which has the same weapon ranks and is not mounted) against Dark Knight, +MAG/-LCK

55 HP, 31 Str, 34 Mag, 28 Skl, 29 Spd, 28 Lck, 34 Def, 32 Res

Grandmaster doubles more easily (2 more speed), has 5 more skill for activating abilities (and accuracy) and has 2 points superior magic at the cost of one point inferior physical. Dark Knight has 5 more luck and 6 more defense, at the cost of 3 resistance.

Oh, and in the third route, you can also access Dark Blood; this gets Dragonstones and switches the sword/tome weapon ranks (A swords, B tomes)

For comparison, +MAG/-LCK Dark Blood

60 HP, 31 Str, 34 Mag, 28 Skl, 34 Spd, 24 Lck, 29 Def, 34 Res

ADDENDUM: Interesting suggestion regarding Great Lord Oboro!Mitamaā€¦. you're right that her father brings physically oriented statsā€¦.

Edited by astrophys

So I'm going for Orochi!Grey on my main run and I was wondering if Swallow Strike was even worth passing from Saizou (A+ Subaki). I know Grey has a really bad speed mod of -3 but I thought maybe Swallow Strike could help. But is it worth it?

So I'm going for Orochi!Grey on my main run and I was wondering if Swallow Strike was even worth passing from Saizou (A+ Subaki). I know Grey has a really bad speed mod of -3 but I thought maybe Swallow Strike could help. But is it worth it?

I think its worth it to make up the speed and not get doubled. Edited by SapphireFalconWing

Definitely.Gurei doesn't have the same problem as Mido where he actually inherits his dad's secondary which is Samurai, which of coarse is really good cause Astra and stuff.So yeah it is definitely worth it.

Oboro should also pass something from Herb Merchant by the way like Extravagance.

Well, Grey inherently has access to the Ninja class, so a -SPD mod isn't necessarily the end of the world; he's still end up faster than many classes.

Example with a different Grey:

Saizou x Kagerou:

+5 Str, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, -2 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +0 Res

Assumed personal growth rates due to inheritance:

36.666% HP, 53.333% Str, 31.6666% Mag, 45% Skl, 41.666% Spd, 45% Lck, 33.333% Def, 23.333% Res

An Elite Ninja gets 27 Str and 35 Spd normally. The mods would take it to 32 Str and 33 spd.

Compare this against the Nohrian Hero classā€¦ 32 Str and 32 Spd. The pairing makes the offenses fairly comparable to that of a +1 SPD mod hero. Except that the Elite Ninja also gets a built in weapon faire for its weapons, and the Hoshidan variants of those weapons also give +2 SPD.

So a -SPD mod might not be the worst thing if you class is already really fast.

ADDENDUM: Continuing with this idea, now that I've pretty much worked out what I want to do with Avatar and his family when I finally get the game, I've been trying to theory craft what I should do for all of the other charactersā€¦..

I don't have a complete list so far, and I'm trying to focus on Birthright first, but:

1. Tsubaki x Hinoka = Hinoka!Matoiā€¦. everyone knows I am partial to this pairing if they've read my posts here

Pegasus, Lance Fighter, Samurai; +1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

51.666% HP, 36.666% Str, 16.666% Mag, 43.333% Skl, 35% Spd, 36.666% Lck, 38.333% Def, 21.666% Res

[her speed, luck, and Resistance can get patched up by her default Pegassus Warrior, which gives +15% Spd, +20% Lck, and +20% Resistance; Lance Fighter/Holy Lancer also gives her +15% Spd growth and Samurai/Trueblade gives her +20% ]

2. +MAG/-LCK Avatar w/Dark Mage secondary x Hinoka!Matoi = Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna

Nohr Princess, Dark Mage, Pegasus; +0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res

42.222% HP, 37.222% Str, 30.555% Mag, 41.111% Skl, 43.333% Spd, 35.555% Lck, 32.777% Def, 25.555% Res

3. Orochi x Tsukuyomi = Orochi!Syalla

Spellcaster, Oni Savage, Herb Merchant

+1 Str, +5 Mag, +2 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res

41.666% HP, 16.666% Str, 55% Mag, 30% Skl, 36.666% Spd, 41.666% Lck, 30% Def, 33.3333% Res

4. Saizou x Kagerou = Kagerou!Gurei [as noted above, but I'll restate]

Ninja, Samurai, Spellcaster

36.666% HP, 53.333% Str, 31.6666% Mag, 45% Skl, 41.666% Spd, 45% Lck, 33.333% Def, 23.333% Res

5. Takumi x Setsuna = Setsuna!Kisaragi

Bowman, Lance Fighter, Ninja

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +5 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Lck, +0 Def, -2 Res

41.666% HP, 31.666% Str, 0% Mag, 45% Skl, 50% Spd, 40% Lck, 30% Def, 25% Res

And that's my brainstorming so farā€¦ what do you think?

Edited by astrophys

ive just been curious since kagerou in terms of mods is essentially cherche 2.0

what children could use that much strength? I mean I could see it useful if someone wants to aim for a physical midoriko

but whom else?

(If we're being specific here I was wondering what children can still get at least decent positive skl and speed mods while getting some love from that sweet strength mod)

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

what children could use that much strength? I mean I could see it useful if someone wants to aim for a physical midoriko

but whom else?

(If we're being specific here I was wondering what children can still get at least decent positive skl and speed mods while getting some love from that sweet strength mod)

Kagerou!Lutz has great mods as a Zerker and also looks exactly like Bucky.

but whom else?

In addition to Lutz as mentioned, Shinonome and Mitama can also take full advantage of Kagerou's strength, while also not having their skill/speed take a hit. Sophie and Deere could probably use her well for the same reasons.

Yeah, if it's for Charlotte!Velour, she should probably be a Berserker. For some reason I thought you were asking about Charlotte herself being an Oni Savage. As mentioned earlier, Velour doesn't get Oni Savage from Charlotte, though I think she can inherit a skill from that class tree.

As for Elise, she does benefit a bit herself with an A+ with Azura. Falcon Knight is a decent class that lets her use her staff rank, and she can pick up a few other good abilities such as Sun God. In IK she may want Sakura for Tomefaire, but in Nohr Azura is a very good choice. Odin's A+s are very lacking, though. Maybe Sol from Lazward?

For Sophie, Swallow Strike is a good option, and if you're giving Elise to Ophelia there's a good argument for Sophie (or possibly Velour) to take Shigure instead. Depending on Shigure's father, he may be missing out on a proc, so pairing him with Sophie would be a good choice, even if it's just for Luna. He can also get Diamond Strike to compliment his Mirror Strike to be impenetrable on player phase. Vengeance isn't quite as good as it used to be, though it is still viable, so Ophelia is still a spouse to consider.

I read somewhere that if a father's secondary class and the mothers primary class conflicted, it'd give the child an analogous class based on the class that conflicted. In Flannel/Charlotte's case, since Fighter conflicted with them, Vel would get the Oni Savage tree. Not sure if this is true for that particular couple, but itd give Vel Counter, which is really good for a bulky axe user.

Anyway, wouldn't Kunaibreaker be a good skill from Lazward to pass down to Ophelia? I remember trying to get that skill onto her when i originally planned to marry Odin.

Edited by Dalyzor

I read somewhere that if a father's secondary class and the mothers primary class conflicted, it'd give the child an analogous class based on the class that conflicted. In Flannel/Charlotte's case, since Fighter conflicted with them, Vel would get the Oni Savage tree. Not sure if this is true for that particular couple, but itd give Vel Counter, which is really good for a bulky axe user.

Anyway, wouldn't Kunaibreaker be a good skill from Lazward to pass down to Ophelia? I remember trying to get that skill onto her when i originally planned to marry Odin.

The situation where an opposite faction class is given only occurs with Marriage Seals and very specific children, and if there is a case where the child's classes have full overlap with the mother's inheritances. To say that the whole faction parallel system is ridiculously convoluted is a massive understatement, in my opinion, but I'll try break it down with a few examples.

Example 1: Zero/Nyx -> Nyx!Eponine

1. Nyx's base class is Outlaw (Outlaw)

2. Zero passes Dark Mage, since Outlaw is the base (Outlaw/Dark Mage)

3. Nyx cannot pass Dark Mage or Outlaw, since Eponine currently has both. As a result, she passes the Hoshido equivalent of Dark Mage - Spellcaster.

1. Eponine's final class set is Outlaw/Dark Mage/Spellcaster

2. Zero would get Dark Mage from a Marriage Seal, meaning it is functionally the same as a Parallel Seal

3. Nyx would get Outlaw from a Marriage Seal, meaning it is functionally the same as a Parallel Seal

Here, the faction parallel is given to the child, since she cannot inherit another class from her mother.

---

Example 2. (yours) Flannel/Charlotte -> Charlotte!Velour

1. Velour's base class is Garou (Garou)

2. Flannel passes Fighter, since Garou is the base (Garou/Fighter)

3. Charlotte cannot pass Fighter, since Velour currently has it. However, Charlotte can pass Rod Knight, since it is her secondary class and Velour does not have it.

1. Velour's final class set is Garou/Fighter/Rod Knight

2. Flannel would get Fighter from a Marriage Seal (functionally the same as a Parallel Seal)

3. Charlotte would get Oni Savage from a Marriage Seal, since Flannel has no other classes to give her except Fighter. Since Charlotte has Fighter, it turns into the Hoshido equivalent.

Here, the faction parallel is given to the mother. Flannel can offer no other class to Charlotte via a seal, since Fighter is his own secondary class option. Usually the secondary class is a backup in case both characters share the same base class, but in Flannel's case this won't work because Garou is special. As a result, Flannel's Fighter option is converted into Oni Savage.

---

As far as I am aware, Nyx!Eponine, Belka!Lutz and for some reason Jakob!Shigure are the only child combinations who get faction parallels as an inheritance, so for the most part, I wouldn't worry about faction parallels unless you are getting these kids specifically. Jakob!Shigure in particular should inherit Cavalier in theory, but because of the way that inheritance rules work, he gets Pegasus from his mother, which becomes Wyvern as a faction parallel. Class inheritance goes base class > father > mother, in terms of who gets priority in the class that is passed down. I'm pretty sure this is how it goes, unless something else happens that turns the inheritance stuff on its head again.

---

For Kunaibreaker, it sounds like a solid inheritance. Tomes are weak against kunai and I do think they will become a presence in other modes. Mercenary inheritances are... just not that spectacular this time around, given that Sol was nerfed and Armsthrift was removed entirely. Patient Assurance might be useful, though, if you want Ophelia to do well on enemy phase with Vantage/Vengeance.

Edited by HeoandReo

alright I'm going to organize my Nohr pairings now and wondering if you guys could rate them

Camilla X Lazward

Odin X Felicia

Belka X Silas

Leo X Aqua

Charlotte X Flannel

Mozume X Marx

Luna X Zero

kaze X Elise or Nyx

MU X Effie

not sure as to who Benoit and Joker should marry out of the bunch but now my (probable) 2nd gen pairings will be

Soleil X Seigbert

Foleo X Ophelia

Shigure X Eponine

male Kanna X Sophie

Ignis X Velour

Midoriko X Dia

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

alright I'm going to organize my Nohr pairings now and wondering if you guys could rate them

Camilla X Lazward

Odin X Felicia

Belka X Silas

Leo X Aqua

Charlotte X Flannel

Mozume X Marx

Luna X Zero

kaze X Elise or Nyx

****MU X Effie****

not sure as to who Benoit and Joker should marry out of the bunch but now my (probable) 2nd gen pairings will be

Soleil X Seigbert

Foleo X Ophelia

Shigure X Eponine

****male Kanna X Sophie****

Ignis X Velour

Midoriko X Dia

ya cant do male kanna if you have male avatar

Okay, so I was doing more thoughts on my Hoshdian pairings, beyond just the Hinoka!Matoi and Hinoka!Kanna!Matoi that I had previously focused on due to favoritismā€¦

What are people's thoughts on them? I won't pretend they are the actual optimal pairings, but do they nonetheless seem "good enough"?

I'm purposefully kept the pairings such that they can be implemented in Birthrightā€¦. I also paired up the shared characters together on purpose so that if I wanted to I could have a fallback in Nohr and the Invisible Kingdom where I could just use the pairings that I already worked out rather than needing to figure out who gets changed spouses and who gets their old spousesā€¦.

Because it would take time to write out everything, I'll omit the growth rates and the classes the parents get from sealing from the listā€¦ although I'd be happy to provide them in individual cases if anyone asks about what I was thinking in making certain pairings.

1. Subaki x Hinoka --> Matoi

Pegasus Warrior tree

Samurai tree

Lance Fighter tree

+1 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Lck, +3 Def, +2 Res

2. +MAG/-LCK Kamui/Corrin w/Dark Mage tree x Hinoka!Matoi --> Kanna

Nohr Princess tree

Dark Mage tree

Pegasus Warrior tree

+0 Str, +3 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, -3 Lck, +3 Def, +4 Res

3. Orochi x Tsukuyomi --> Syalla

Spellcaster Tree

Oni Savage Tree

Herb Merchant Tree

+1 Str, +5 Mag, +2 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, -2 Def, +1 Res

4. Saizou x Kagerou --> Gurei

Ninja Tree,

Samurai Tree

Spellcaster Tree

5. Takumi x Setsuna --> Kisaragi

Bowman tree

Lance Fighter tree

Ninja tree

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +5 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Lck, +0 Def, -2 Res

6. Jakob x Aqua --> Deere/Dia and Shigure

Deere/Dia:

Rod Knight tree,

Cavalier Tree,

Pegasus Warrior Tree

Shigure:

Pegasus Warrior tree

Rod Knight tree

Wyvern Rider tree

Both:

+3 Str, -1 Mag, +4 Skl, +4 Spd, +0 Lck, -2 Def, +0 Res

7. Felicia x Kaze --> Midoriko

Herb Merchant Tree

Ninja Tree

Rod Knight Tree

-3 Str, +3 Mag, +3 Skl, +5 Spd, -1 Lck, -1 Def, +3 Res

8. Mozume x Silas --> Sophie

Cavalier Tree

Mercenary Tree

Villager Tree

+2 Str, +1 Mag, +4 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, -2 Res

9. Ryoma x Rinkah --> Kisaragi

Lance Fighter tree

Samurai tree

Oni Savage tree

+1 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, +2 Lck, +1 Def, -1 Res

10. Asama x Sakura --> Mitama

Priestess Tree

Herb Merchant Tree

Pegasus tree

(this assuming that I'm treating the gendered versions of the Priest/Priestess class correctly for inheritance; on that note, would Sakura get Herb Merchant in marriage seal and Asama get Pegasus Warrior?)

+3 Str, +0 Mag, +0 Skl, +3 Spd, +1 Lck, +1 Def, +1 Res

11. Nishiki x Oboro --> Kinu

Fox Spirit Tree

Spellcaster Tree

Lance Fighter Tree

+3 Str, +0 Mag, -1 Skl, +4 Spd, +1 Lck, +0 Def, +2 Res

12. Hinata x Hana --> Hisame

Samurai Tree

Oni Savage Tree

Priest Tree

+3 Str, +1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +0 Lck, +0 Def, +2 Res

So those are the Hoshidan pairings I drafted outā€¦

What do you think?

Now I just need to pair up the following Nohrians:

Arthur, Odin, Zero, Lazward, Benoit, Leo, Flannel, and Xander

in some combination with:

Elise, Effie, Nyx, Camilla, Luna, Belka, Pieri, and Charlotte

My thoughts on the pairings list I put out thereā€¦

1 & 2. I've already extensively discussed Hinoka!Matoi and Hinoka!Matoi!Kanna, so I'll move along to the next.

3. Orochi!Syallaā€¦. her I was trying to maximize her magical power. Also, Orochi has has skill growths, so if growths do inherit like I think they might then it will help out Syalla's bad starting skill; she does take a hit in speed, but as a Spellcaster she'd still have over 50% growths

4. Kagerou!Saizouā€¦. they have their relationship as retainers and the like, and also its an excuse to stick -SPD parents together so that another child doesn't need to take a speed penalty. Also, Gurei has natural Ninja access, which is really fast to help absorb the penaltyā€¦ and +5 strength overcomes the weak strength of Ninjas

5. Takumi x Setsunaā€¦ Takumi has a -2 SPD mod.. Setsuna lets his son get a +2 speed modā€¦ also, this gives +5 Skill, which means Kisaragi gets 40 skill as a Holy Bowman or Ninja. That's a 60% Breaking Sky activation rate, 75% if he gets Flamboyant. Also, Setsuna's low STR growth makes her a good candidate for chipping/Ninja Poison techniques, so perhaps adding in stat seals could also help her.

6. Jakob x Aquaā€¦ Jakob gets Pegasus access and thus can get flying stavesā€¦ plus it completes a Pegasus +Butler anit-mage comboā€¦ in principle, Aqua could do the same. Deer also gets this. Shigure gets to make use of the faction parallel to get an extra Wyvern Rider available on Hoshido

7. Felicia x Kazeā€¦ Felicia has a pretty high luck growth rate, which will help out Midoriko's luck if growths inherit. Also, Ninja buddy seal gives her another Kunai using class, as well as the ability to use Poison to compensate for her low strength (if she doesn't have the Explosive Shurkien or wants to do a physical attack) and gives her Lockpicking utility.

8. Mozume x Silas; Mozume will be able to use her lance rank in any of Silas's classesā€¦ Likewise, Sophie will be able to use her lance rank in either of the Villager's promotionsā€¦. Silas getting Bowman wasn't a major consideration, but I suppose GKW could preserve his lance rank. Also leads to a very skillful Sophie.

9. Ryoma x Rinkahā€¦ Blacksmith can give Ryoma Lancebreaker (for use in returning to Trueblade), plus it also uses a sword, letting him continuing using his personal weapon. Shinonome has fairly high DEF growths, as does Rinkah, so she helps emphasize this

10. Asama x Sakuraā€¦ if buddy seals work the way I think they do, Asama can become a Falcon warrior, sharing weapon ranks with his Mountain Priest pretty naturally and gaining flying utilityā€¦ plus his high STR helps fighting as a Pegasus if he so chooses.

11. Nishiki x Oboroā€¦. this has some more overlap in Spellcaster/Lance Fighterā€¦ I figured that Kinu might appreciate a more physical parent (in accordance with her growths) and had stats better suited to the STR side (Lance) over magic (Spellcaster, he default declass)ā€¦. +3 STr, +4 SPD mod.

12. Hinata x Hanaā€¦ this has some mod conflict, but yields +3 strength while canceling each other's key stat mod weaknesses. Also, Hinata should get access to Priest (renewal), which could help make him more of a regenerative tank. Hana gets a class with stronger HP/DEF growth if she wants itā€¦. maybe she could go into blacksmithā€¦.

Can someone help me with class stuff for these two pairings? I'm still trying to learn this stuff but it seems more complicated than Awakening. So is this right?

+Spd-Lck Avatar x Orochi

Kanna 0/3/5/3/-1/-1/2

-Dark Princess

-Bowman (from Avatar's second class)

-Spellcaster

-Herb Merchant

-Ninja (From buddy seal with Kagerou)

I was thinking Exorcist or Dark Blood with Dragon Child, Tomefaire, Dragon Fang and I don't know what else. I'm having a somewhat difficult time understanding this game's system compared to Awakening's

+Spd-Lck Avatar x Flora

Kanna 1/-1/5/5/-1/2/1

-Dark Princess

-Dark Mage

-Mercenary

This one I have no idea. If personal skills can pass down, Ice Blood would actually be pretty awesome on Kanna. But, I have no idea if they do or not.

Your pairings are defiantly solid.Yes Sakura will get Merchant and Asama will get Peg Warrior.

Though would it not be better if MU married Syalla instead if you are going to +Mag route?

As fr the Nohrians, here is what seems to be the most decent pairings:

Arthur x Pieri

+3 Str/+1 Mag/+3 Skl/+2 Spd/-2 Luk/0 Def/+2 Res

(Just -1 if the kids don't get a +1 to all mods)

Wyvern Rider

Fighter

Cavalier

Lutz gets Cavalier which he would otherwise miss out on.He has a faire he can use in nearly all his classes and has Luna to boot.

Odin X Elise

0 Str/+5 Mag/0 Skl/+1 Spd/+3 Luk/-2 Def/+1 Res

Dark Mage

Samurai

Rod Knight

Ophelia can be many things with this.She will defiantly be a stellar Witch and can produce a great Mag Kanna.

Zero x Nyx

-1 Str/+4 Mag/-2 Skl/+6 Spd/0 Luk/-1 Def/+3 Res

Outlaw

Dark Mage

Spellcaster

Probably the only Witch who can rival Elise!Ophelia other then Nyx!Shara.Has godly Spd and access to TF.Combined with Excalibur she is dangerous.

Lazward x Charlotte

+5 Str/+1 Mag/+3 Skl/+2 Spd/+2 Luk/-2 Def/-2 Res

Mercenary

Ninja

Fighter

The definition of a glass canon.Has a great faire to use as a Brave Hero and can rock Berserker too.

Benoit x Belka

0 Str/+1 Mag/+3 Skl/-4 Spd/+1 Luk/+6 Def/+1 Res

Knight

Fighter

Wyvern Rider

Yes he is extremely slow and does not have the best Str.Though having Defensive formation and AF will help a lot. Probably the worst out of the bunch not gonna lie.

Leo x Luna

-2 Str/+3 Mag/0 Skl/+1 Spd/+1 Luk/+2 Def/+3 Res

Rod Knight

Dark Mage

Mercenary

Yes it is not the best though it fixes Foleo more then breaks him.It gives him a +Spd mod which at least gives him the ability to double and also Luna can potentially pass down Swallow Strike to also help with that.Plus he can be pretty defensive.

Flannel x Camilla

+5 Str/0 Mag/0 Skl/+1 Spd/-1 Luk/+4 Def/0 Res

Garou

Fighter

Wyvern Rider

Velour was made to be a debuffer.While Belka can provide the same thing as Camilla, Camilla does it better by giving a better Str mod.Garou is already a great class.Velour can easily be a great tank or killer.

Xander x Effie

+6 Str/0 Mag/-1 Skl/+1 Spd/+3 Luk/+1 Def/-1 Res

Cavalier

Wyvern Rider

Knight

Really Charlotte is probably better but I prefer her with Lazward.Really Seigebert can rock DF if you are worried about that Spd or he can just use a Brave Lance/Sword to double stuff.Really this is about the Str.

EDIT:For Duck.

If your Avatar marries Orochi Kanna will get:

Dark Princess

Spellcaster or Herb Merchant(Kanna will get Herb Merchant if the Avatars secondary is Spellcaster)

If your Avatar marries Flora, Kanna will get:

Dark Princess

Rod Knight or Dark Mage(If Rod Knight is your secondary, Kanna will get Dark Mage)

Personal skills do not pass down.Much like in FEA, the last skill in your skill slot does.

Also note:If your Avatar marries Orochi or any female that is not a child or Kamuisexual, you will miss out on a child.

Edited by Azz01

aand back here again to finalize some of my pairings ; U ;

they are so far, including their children and their endclasses :

f!MU x Leon = Dark Blood Foleo, White Blood Kanna

Oboro x Takumi = Holy Bowman Kisaragi (should I consider making him a Lodestar? for endclass)

Elfie x Lazwald = Dread Fighter Soleil

Belka x Cyrus = Dread Fighter Sophie

and these are my planned pairings, but not yet married:

Hinoka x Marx

Camilla x Ryouma = Holy Lancer Shinonome

Tsubaki x Luna or Aqua = Great Lord or Falcon Warrior Matoi

Nishiki x Setsuna or Rinka = Nine-tailed Fox Kinu

Flannel x Charlotte or Mozume = Managarm Velour

Tsukuyomi x Nyx

Elise x Odin

Saizou x Kagerou = Elite Ninja Grey

**if they don't have a child unit listed behind them, it means they'll either keep their line or I don't plan on using them much so it won't matter to much anyways,

but I still want them to have good mothers in case I do use them in the future. If the father isn't listed at all, it means I don't plan on using them so it won't matter at all ~!

And these are the fathers whom I've yet to find pairs for, but want their children nonetheless;

Hinata, Asama, Joker, Suzukaze (potential mothers being Pieri, Sakura, Felicia, Orochi, Kazahana, Luna/Aqua, Setsuna/Rinka, Charlotte/Mozume)

Obviously I won't be able to change any of the pairs that are already married (and I'm quite satisfied myself with their mothers anyway haha)

but any pairs after them I can definitely change it up, especially Ryouma x Camilla...I'm pretty iffy about them...

but yeah, any advice is appreciated ! ; U ;

(this assuming that I'm treating the gendered versions of the Priest/Priestess class correctly for inheritance; on that note, would Sakura get Herb Merchant in marriage seal and Asama get Pegasus Warrior?)

Rest assured: when the Healer Classes are either a Unit's Base or Alternate Tree, the game does the proper conversion to their Gender-equivalent before checking if they're the same as their spouse's Base and passing them via Marriage Seal Reclassing as any of those cases. So Sakura gets Herb Merchant from Asama at the same time he gets Pegasus Warrior from her, as well as Ryoma and Hinata can get Priest from Hana.

The key warning, though, is that there's an oversight and the required Gender-conversion is not done when a Healer Class is passed as a Faction Parallel, which so far is a case that only concerns certain pairings of a Kamui with a Healer Tree as his/her Secondary, and it yet has to be proved whether that is isolated to Marriage Seal Reclassing due to its simpler logic or Male Kanna can get affected by inheriting a Class Tree he can't access legally.

I saw in a video that someone promoted Midoriko to a puppeteer and she got the base ninja skills, so does that mean if a unit has two base classes that share a promoted class and the unit promotes into it, do they get the skills from the other class?

I saw in a video that someone promoted Midoriko to a puppeteer and she got the base ninja skills, so does that mean if a unit has two base classes that share a promoted class and the unit promotes into it, do they get the skills from the other class?

Yes.If a unit has a promoted class that overlaps with one of their base classes, they will get the base class skills first.

Just because I guess we're all posting our pairings, here's what I have planned out so far myself, and I justifications for why I'm doing each.

[spoiler=Hoshido]

Avatar/Crimson (+Str/-Def, Fighter)

*Character preference. Fighter also gives Axefaire to Crimson and allows several children to pick up Berserker and Hero as class options - namely, Kinu and Mitama.

Jakob/Azura (Jakob A+ Takumi, Azura A+ Sakura)

*Excellent physical stats, with 3 strength, and 4 both in skill and speed. Shigure and Deere both marry Shara and Kinu, to pick up Breaking Sky to complete their repertoires.

Silas/Mozume (Silas A+ Ryoma or Kaze, Mozume A+ Oboro)

*Standard cavalier Sophie. Gets to marry Shinonome for all of the Lance Fighter goodies.

Kaze/Rinkah (Kaze A+ Silas, Rinkah A+ Oboro)

*Purely for a grinder Midoriko. That and I wasn't sure where else I could put Rinkah.

Ryoma/Setsuna (Ryoma A+ Silas, Setsuna A+ Hinoka)

*Mods. Just mods. Shinonome doesn't care about anything else. He's like the Brady of Fates. Give him good stats and you've done your job right.

Takumi/Kagerou (Takumi A+ Ryoma, Kagerou A+ Rinkah)

*Done mostly for Takumi's sake so that he can pick up Ninja. Kisaragi doesn't mind 5 strength and getting Ninja himself, however.

Tsubaki/Hinoka (Tsubaki A+ Saizou, Hinoka A+ Setsuna)

*Red haired Matoi with Lance Fighter. Hinoka's good growths make up for Tsubaki's lacking ones, and the mod spread is acceptable.

Saizou/Orochi (Saizou A+ Tsubaki, Orochi A+ Rinkah/Oboro)

*Standard Orochi!Gurei build. No Defensive Formation in Hoshido hurts, but his magic is really good.

Tsukuyomi/Felicia (Tsukuyomi A+ Asama, Felicia A+ Hana)

*Shara gets high magic and also becomes really fast, since these are the two places in which Tsukuyomi excels. Felicia's mods compliment Tsukuyomi's perfectly, and Shara certainly doesn't mind getting Strategist as class option.

Asama/Hana (Asama A+ Tsubaki, Hana A+ Felicia or Setsuna)

*Gets really good physical stats, and some great classes to take advantage of them through her A+ with Kanna. I am considering pairing her with Shinonome rather than giving him to Sophie, though I get the feeling that Shinonome would like Cavalier as a class set.

Hinata/Oboro (A+s currently undecided)

*A generally pretty balanced Hisame. 3 strength, 4 defense, 1 skill and 0s everywhere else. Not great, but it's as good as you're going to get with Hinata's mods. It also gives him Lance Fighter, which means that every Hoshido male child has access to that class.

Nishiki/Sakura (Nishiki A+ Hinata, Sakura A+ Hana)

*This is probably not a bad use of Sakura's good growths and mod spread. Sakura is alright with Breaking Sky herself, and she can still pass Swallow Strike for Kinu.

Kanna/Hisame
Shigure/Shara
Deere/Kinu
Shinonome/Sophie
Kisaragi/Mitama
Gurei/Matoi
Midoriko alone

[spoiler=Nohr]

Avatar/Elise!Ophelia (+Mag/-Lck, Spellcaster) (Ophelia A+ Midoriko)

*8 magic, 3 speed, acceptable bulk, and a very good wife viability-wise thanks to inherited Swallow Strike. Spellcaster access benefits Ophelia, who gets Breaking Sky and Tomefaire, as well as Kanna who continues in the magic path, and Velour, who really just wants Breaking Sky.

Jakob/Pieri (Jakob A+ anybody, Pieri A+ Charlotte)

*Leftovers. Pieri was actually really difficult to pair mostly because either every kid could get Luna, and the ones who couldn't get the objectively better Breaking Sky. She might work for Eponine though, so that is something to consider.

Kaze/Nyx (Kaze A+ Xander, Nyx A+ Mozume)

*I would have given Nyx to Zero, but then I saw their supports and was like nope. So she goes to Kaze instead. Midoriko is still a decent-ish mage with this setup, and with an A+ with Kanna she picks up Spellcaster as well. (43% magic growth in Sorcerer! That's like almost a GBA-era offensive growth!)

Silas/Azura (Silas A+ Kaze, Azura A+ Elise)

*Two fast and strong units who lean mostly physical. I can probably do this pair efficiently as well, so it shouldn't be too hard to bring them together. Silas certainly doesn't mind Swallow Strike himself, either.

Xander/Mozume (Xander A+ Kaze, Mozume A+ Effie)

*Siegbert gets some good offensive skills, but this is mostly because I wanted to pair Mozume with a royal at one point.

Leon/Felicia (Leon A+ Odin, Felicia A+ Pieri)

*General magic option for Foleo, because Nyx is married elsewhere and Elise would be an incest. It's the whole magical mother problem again - way too many moms for a smaller demand.

Arthur/Charlotte (Arthur A+ Benoit, Charlotte A+ Belka)

*Mostly to take full advantage of Marriage Seals. Arthur picks up Rod Knight for more auras to stack onto Unlucky Soul, while Charlotte gets Cavalier in order to pick up a proc. Lutz does very well for himself, with 5 strength, 4 skill and 3 speed, and picks up Herb Merchant from a marriage to Midoriko for even more offense.

Zero/Belka (Zero A+ Arthur, Belka A+ Camilla)

*Zero was definitely not my priority. Eponine suffers quite a bit here, but she still has a few tricks. Her bulk is good and she gets alright mods everywhere except strength.

Odin/Elise (Odin A+ Zero/Lazward, Elise A+ Azura)

*Swallow Strike Ophelia with good mods and crazy growths. Pretty much every Elise child is, at worst, a competent mage because her growths are awesome and she can pass Swallow Strike. Ophelia is probably the best use of her that I've seen, to be honest.

Lazward/Luna (Lazward A+ Xander, Luna A+ Camilla)

*Ninja and Pegasus is a very interesting combination, especially in Nohr. All three members of the family are likely going to end as Ninjas with Swallow Strike and a proc/Deadly Breath/something.

Benoit/Effie (Benoit A+ anybody, Effie A+ Mozume)

*Largely for Effie's benefit rather than Ignis, since with a Buddy Seal, she's able to reclass into Berserker. Like Zero/Belka this wasn't done with Ignis in mind, but he still works. -1 speed is still better than most of his other mothers, and he gets a cool 4 strength to play with.

Flannel/Camilla (Flannel A+ Benoit, Camilla A+ Elise)

*Good physical stats and can do things with Deadly Breath + Defensive Formation from her father. She gets to marry Shigure, so she can take fuller advantage of her physical strength with Swallow Strike.

Shigure/Velour
Kanna/Foleo
Siegbert/Sophie
Lutz/Midoriko
Soleil/Deere
Ignis/Eponine

Edited by HeoandReo

So I have my 5 unit PvP team planned out for now on Nohr, and I'm not sure if what I have is the best it could be.

MU!Sophie-Hero

Mods: +4 STR +1 MAG +7 SKI +1 SPD -1 LCK +0 DEF -1 RES

Luna

Breaking Sky

Flamboyant

Diamond Strike

Swallow Strike (Marriage seal Shigure)

Charlotte!Velour-Beserker

Mods: +7 STR +1 MAG -1 SKI +2 SPD +1 LCK +1 DEF -2 RES

Counter

Axefaire

Tomebreaker

Four Fangs

Odd Cry

Nyx!Eponine-Exorcist

Mods: -1 STR +4 MAG -2 SKI +6 SPD +0 LCK -1 DEF +3 RES

Tomefaire

Breaking Sky

Flamboyant

Lifetaker

Lucky Seven/(filler)

Elise!Ophelia-Sorcerer

Mods: +0 STR +5 MAG +0 SKI +1 SPD +3 LCK -2 DEF +1 RES

Lifetaker

Swallow Strike (Elise-Azura Buddy seal)

Kunaibreaker (Odin-Lazward Buddy seal)

Vengeance

Devilish Wind/(filler)

MU-Holy Lancer

Mods: +2 STR +0 MAG +4 SKI +0 SPD -1 LCK -1 DEF -1 RES (Asset-Skill, Flaw-Defense)

Breaking Sky

Lancefaire

Flamboyant

Speed Seal

Draconic Curse

Is the Avatar a required unit for the 5v5 online matches? If not, I might put in Joker!Shigure or Azura!Deere. Maybe Belka!Lutz or a Soleil set.

Edited by Dalyzor