Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

With such a build, you can have a support or offense Kanna. Starting with support Kanna, she should be a healer/tank/debuffer. Her speed will be high enough to not worry about getting doubled. If she's a healer, she should be a Falcon Warrior or White Blood. White Blood will allow her to use a Dragonstone for more defenses and passive hp regen from her personal skill, while Falcon Warrior lets her be more mobile, but she would have a grand total of 3 weaknesses.

Skillwise, she should definitely get Sun God. Swordbreaker is possible if Hinoka A+'s Camilla or from MU, and she can get Bowbreaker from her Sorc path. You probably want Swordbreaker on her for dealing with Dragon killers, and Bowbreaker is only needed if she goes Falcon Warrior. That gives 3 more skill slots to work with. Draconic Curse is also nice for debuffing. The other 2 skills are a toss up. Renewal, Tomebreaker, Pavise, Aegis, Lancebreaker, Draconic Shield, Counter, Magic Counter, Copycat Puppet are all strong defensive options. There's a lot of options since MU can buddy seal easily.

For offensive Kanna, she should be Dark Blood or Sorc. Dark Blood gives her physical options and Dragonstone access while Sorc gives access to Excalibur and Nosferatu. As Dark Blood, you would be stuck with rank B or lower tomes. Mjolnir will probably be the tome of choice.

For skills, Dragon Fang is one of the best proc skills and you might not need another, but you can combine it with another like Luna or Ignis if you like. Lifetaker gives her some self sustain, and she shouldn't have any trouble killing stuff. MU can pass down Tomefaire. You can still consider giving her Swordbreaker so she can reliably hit Trueblades and not worry as much about Dragon killers. Kunaibreaker is also an option for dealing with Ninjas. Draconic Curse is available for debuffing if she doesn't end up killing, and Hoshido is available for proc rates, if needed. As Dark Blood, she also has access to Brave Sword, so she can reliably proc Dragon Fang. Aggressor, Galeforce and Copycat Puppet are also options.

White blood: Sun God, Swordbreaker(Hinoka A+ Camilla), Draconic Curse, Renewal(MU A Asama), Copycat Puppet(A+ Midoriko)

Dark blood: Dragon Fang, Tomefaire, Lifetaker, Aggressor, Galeforce

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thank God, I may make my Kamui a Dread Fighter to end up as then instead of White Blood/Dark Blood!

Oh, also, what should I have Azura and Kaze pass down to Midoriko?

Well Azura can pass down a Songstress exclusive skill except Special Song.Just based on how much of an awesome a money maker Mido can be Lukc +4 would not be completely bad but it would be for grinding only, also you would not need to get the gold DLC.As for Kaze, definitely a Samurai skill since unless Mido is marrying Hisame she will not be getting any so maybe Astra since she is lacking in procs or Line of Death which can be decent with Bow users nice rarely enemies will be able to counter.

I don't know if you have a set-up, but here is one:

Mido@Great Merchant(Puppeteer can work since she can use Kunaifaire, her only faire naturally can be used here)

Marry-Someone who provides another faire she can use(Shinonome for LF or Kisaragi for BF)

A+-Definately Kinu.She gets Basara access so yeah naturally that is good if you choose to pass down LoD instead or Astra)

-Faire(Depending, LF if you marry Shin, BF(The better one IMO)if you marry Kisa or KF if you marry someone else and go Pupeteer)

-Astra or LoD(Astra is better if you go Pupeteer or LF while LoD is better for bows)

-Snake Venom(Always good for the chip damage)

-Breaking Sky(From Kinu)

-Flamboyant(From Kinu)

Alternately if you are going IKI, you could A+ Ophelia inherit Vantage from Kaze, get Vengeance from Ophelia and then use Agg and Miracle from Azura with a Sakura A+.

Doing some more thoughts….

Great Lord Hinoka!Matoi (or one classed through this class):

60 HP, 31 Str, 25 Mag, 34 Skl, 34 Spd, 35 Lck, 32 Def, 33 Res

While not practical for a no grind playthrough, Matoi could prove an excellent vehicle for providing a major proc stack to a Nohr-using Avatar. I wouldn't necessarily suggest using Matoi this way, but its possible if someone wanted to do this…. and the following is all without skill buying from the logbook or MyCastles:

1. Astra (from her Samurai tree)

2. Breaking Sky (from her Lance Fighter Tree)

3. Luna (from Cavalier tree, via Sophie Buddy)

4. Aether (from Great Lord, DLC class)

5. [Lethality/Vengeance/Sol; requires husband [such as the Avatar] to have it so that Matoi can marriage seal]

----> Actually, she can get Lethality even without a marriage seal if Subaki A+ buddies with Saizou and passes down Lethality.

So, we thus show that Hinoka!Matoi can assemble a set of five offensive proc skills without needing to resort to MyCastle or Logbook abuse.

Now, I'd argue that running so many procs is impractical, as only one of them can activate at a time…. even though there are some merits to a proc stack, five at once does seem a bit much. But, nonetheless, this means that she's capable of also running any combination of these procs, like Aether + Luna, Luna + Astra, Aether + Lethality + Astra, etc., or even just one of these on her own.

This means that you could take your pick of [almost] any combination of offensive procs, load them onto Matoi, and then put her in Attack or Guard Stance with the Avatar.

The Avatar would have Hoshido and Nohr (note: this can only be done on the 3rd route), so not only would he be able to use any and all procs that Matoi gave him this way, but he'd also be able to do them at +10% activation rates. And he also can access his own Dragon Fang if he wants to.

Another thing about a Great Lord Hinoka!Matoi, even if you didn't want her to use this Nohr proc stat support role, would be that she naturally gains access to the classes that provide both of its relevant faires. Swordfaire from her Trueblade (which she has due to Tsubaki) and Lancefaire from Holy Lancer (which she has due to Hinoka).

Just some thoughts…

Oh, and one more thing…

While I've focused this on Hinoka!Matoi, it turns out that Oboro!Matoi can also pull this same trick, as she also has Lance Fighter inheritance, which provides Breaking Sky and Lancefaire. Spellcaster mothers can provide Breaking Sky, but they don't also give her Lancefaire in the process.

Well Azura can pass down a Songstress exclusive skill except Special Song.Just based on how much of an awesome a money maker Mido can be Lukc +4 would not be completely bad but it would be for grinding only, also you would not need to get the gold DLC.As for Kaze, definitely a Samurai skill since unless Mido is marrying Hisame she will not be getting any so maybe Astra since she is lacking in procs or Line of Death which can be decent with Bow users nice rarely enemies will be able to counter.

I don't know if you have a set-up, but here is one:

Mido@Great Merchant(Puppeteer can work since she can use Kunaifaire, her only faire naturally can be used here)

Marry-Someone who provides another faire she can use(Shinonome for LF or Kisaragi for BF)

A+-Definately Kinu.She gets Basara access so yeah naturally that is good if you choose to pass down LoD instead or Astra)

-Faire(Depending, LF if you marry Shin, BF(The better one IMO)if you marry Kisa or KF if you marry someone else and go Pupeteer)

-Astra or LoD(Astra is better if you go Pupeteer or LF while LoD is better for bows)

-Snake Venom(Always good for the chip damage)

-Breaking Sky(From Kinu)

-Flamboyant(From Kinu)

Alternately if you are going IKI, you could A+ Ophelia inherit Vantage from Kaze, get Vengeance from Ophelia and then use Agg and Miracle from Azura with a Sakura A+.

If you wanted a moneymaker, use Flamboyant. It gives +15% versus +4% to activate Easy Life and Smithy Skill. Also Basara is tied for highest Luck cap in the game (Excluding Lodestar because of DLC).

If you wanted a moneymaker, use Flamboyant. It gives +15% versus +4% to activate Easy Life and Smithy Skill. Also Basara is tied for highest Luck cap in the game (Excluding Lodestar because of DLC).

I thought Flamboyant only works on skills activated in battle?

Guys quick question:

1. can we use marriage seals and buddy seals at the same time?

2. did mozume inherits villager to her kids?

3. can 2 character A+ a same character at the same time? for example:

Shinonome with grey and hisame with grey at the same time

im sorry if this was answered before, i cant understand english to much as it is not my first language

Guys quick question:

im sorry if this was answered before, i cant understand english to much as it is not my first language

1) I believe so

2) This one I -don't- think so.

3) No. You can have Shinonome A+ with Gurei, and then have Gurei A+ with Hisame though. It's one sided iirc.

1) I believe so

3) No. You can have Shinonome A+ with Gurei, and then have Gurei A+ with Hisame though. It's one sided iirc.

I was pretty sure Mozume did pass down Villager to her kids. It's just not available via Buddy/Marriage seals. ;w;

For the 3rd question, I think he meant whether or not both Shinonome and Hisame could A+ Grey at the same time haha, which should be possible iirc! (:

Edited by Elif

1) I believe so

I was pretty sure Mozume did pass down Villager to her kids. It's just not available via Buddy/Marriage seals. ;w;

For the 3rd question, I think he meant whether or not both Shinonome and Hisame could A+ Grey at the same time haha, which should be possible iirc! (:

ooh thank you guys :)

Guys quick question:

1)Yes

2)Yes

3)Yes

The thing is Grey cannot A+ Shinonome and Hisame at the same time since you can only A+ one character at a time.

Edited by Azz01

Hmm, so instead of making Kaze an Elite Ninja (considering I'm planning on making Midoriko one), I think I want to test him out as a Trueblade and take advantage of his speed for x4 Brave Sword (heh), of course that would only apply for my turn.

How does this skill set seem?

Kaze @ Trueblade w/ Brave Sword

- Swordfaire

- Lethality/Vantage (???)

- Swallow Strike*/Flamboyant*

- Luna (A+ Silas/Marx)/Breaking Sky*

- Aggressor (make up for Str)/Flamboyant*

* These will be through my Kamui, I just need to figure out if I'm going Lance Fighter or Peg Warrior. I think I'll probably go Peg Warrior though.

Max Stats (HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res):

| 55 | 28 | 28 | 34 | 38 | 31 | 26 | 32 |

22 Defense with Br. Sword. RIP.

I wish he didn't have two Cavalier A+s though...

And I don't know what his A+ with Saizou gives him. Did anyone figure this out?

Hmm, so instead of making Kaze an Elite Ninja (considering I'm planning on making Midoriko one), I think I want to test him out as a Trueblade and take advantage of his speed for x4 Brave Sword (heh), of course that would only apply for my turn.

How does this skill set seem?

Kaze @ Trueblade w/ Brave Sword

- Swordfaire

- Lethality/Vantage (???)

- Swallow Strike*/Flamboyant*

- Luna (A+ Silas/Marx)/Breaking Sky*

- Aggressor (make up for Str)/Flamboyant*

* These will be through my Kamui, I just need to figure out if I'm going Lance Fighter or Peg Warrior. I think I'll probably go Peg Warrior though.

Max Stats (HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Def, Res):

| 55 | 28 | 28 | 34 | 38 | 31 | 26 | 32 |

22 Defense with Br. Sword. RIP.

I wish he didn't have two Cavalier A+s though...

And I don't know what his A+ with Saizou gives him. Did anyone figure this out?

Looks pretty solid.Definitely go Flamboyant over Agg.Proc Stacking is just better.I would go Vanatge since Kaze's defense is quite lack luster but Line of Death can work too if you think you can dodge tank and Line of Death also gives a bigger boost then Agg.

I think Saizou may give him Outlaw but I really have no idea.It is best to A+ him Silas or Xander any ways.

Looks pretty solid.Definitely go Flamboyant over Agg.Proc Stacking is just better.I would go Vanatge since Kaze's defense is quite lack luster but Line of Death can work too if you think you can dodge tank and Line of Death also gives a bigger boost then Agg.

I think Saizou may give him Outlaw but I really have no idea.It is best to A+ him Silas or Xander any ways.

Thank you so much!

Then I'll go Breaking Sky over Luna, too, for more reliable activation.

Seems like I'll have to get either Flam/BSky or Swallow Strike through the Logbook haha.

Thank you so much!

Then I'll go Breaking Sky over Luna, too, for more reliable activation.

Seems like I'll have to get either Flam/BSky or Swallow Strike through the Logbook haha.

Yeah.However, you could easily replace Swallow Strike with Snake Venom.Plus, you can build +Spd statues or Make Kamui a Jounin so Kaze gets an automatic +4 Spd boost and along with Kamui's natural +1 Spd boost to units (s)he S ranks with, gives him a +5 Spd boost making his speed a really good 43.Also Kamui can still use Yato as a Jounin.

Yeah.However, you could easily replace Swallow Strike with Snake Venom.Plus, you can build +Spd statues or Make Kamui a Jounin so Kaze gets an automatic +4 Spd boost and along with Kamui's natural +1 Spd boost to units (s)he S ranks with, gives him a +5 Spd boost making his speed a really good 43.Also Kamui can still use Yato as a Jounin.

Thank you! I'll definitely experiment with it and see what fits best! (:

OK, a few questions. But it's all based on conjecture of how these game mechanics work.

1. Does FlannelxCharlotte give Oni Savage as a secondary class to Velour? If so, would Blacksmith be a better option for her over Berserker?

2. Who's a good mom for Ophelia in Nohr? I was planning on doing Elise for the magic buff and Deadly Breath, but are there better options?

3. I have a Hero set for Sophie in Nohr with Sol, Luna, Breaking Sky, Dragon Fang, and Flamboyant with Lance Fighter Avatar as her mom. Should I try for some different skills other than all activation ones?

OK, a few questions. But it's all based on conjecture of how these game mechanics work.

1. Does FlannelxCharlotte give Oni Savage as a secondary class to Velour? If so, would Blacksmith be a better option for her over Berserker?

2. Who's a good mom for Ophelia in Nohr? I was planning on doing Elise for the magic buff and Deadly Breath, but are there better options?

3. I have a Hero set for Sophie in Nohr with Sol, Luna, Breaking Sky, Dragon Fang, and Flamboyant with Lance Fighter Avatar as her mom. Should I try for some different skills other than all activation ones?

1. Blacksmith is basically a Hero with better HP and slightly worse everything else - there's not much of a reason to go with it over Berserker or even Hero unless you really like Smithy Skill.

2. Elise is probably the best - in Nohr she's the only magic mom who can pass Swallow Strike through A+ Azura. Ophelia would like that, since her speed is somewhat low. Elise also has ridiculously good growths which Ophelia can benefit from. Nyx isn't a bad alternative either. The mods are better with Nyx, but the growths are worse and Ophelia can't get Swallow Strike unless she marries Shigure.

3. I would probably only go with two procs at most. Unless you're using a Brave, most of the time you will only attack twice. Out of those I would go with Breaking Sky + Luna or Dragon Fang, with precedence going to Breaking Sky, since it activates more and should do about as much damage as Luna would.

IIRC, Charlotte!Velour should be able to reclass into Fighter and Rod Knight, no Oni Savage.

Yeah basically.For those wondering it goes like this in terms of inheritance:

Constant parent primary class(Secondary in case of Shigure)>Constant parent secondary(Or primary in cases of Midoriko, Shinonome, Foleo and Lutz.Also Shigure gets Rod Knight always)>Unique parent base>Unique parent secondary>Mother opposite faction base

A child unit will always have three classes from inheritance.

Constant parent refers to parents who produce the actual child.

Unique is the parent who give the hair color and the child's third class.

For the opposite faction class, it is always relevant to the mother including Azura.(Kamui is not included as Kamui's class can never overlap with her spouses)

Another note:

Mozume passes down Villager to all children regardless of gender unlike Donnel who only passes to males.(However I may be wrong)

Azura always passes down Pegasus Warrior or Rod Knight if the child already has Pegasus Warrior.

Nishiki, Flannel, Kinu and Velour pass down Fox Spirit and Garou to their kids always.

EDIT:After looking around I can confirm Mozume does pass Villager to all children regardless of gender.

Edited by Azz01

1. Blacksmith is basically a Hero with better HP and slightly worse everything else - there's not much of a reason to go with it over Berserker or even Hero unless you really like Smithy Skill.

2. Elise is probably the best - in Nohr she's the only magic mom who can pass Swallow Strike through A+ Azura. Ophelia would like that, since her speed is somewhat low. Elise also has ridiculously good growths which Ophelia can benefit from. Nyx isn't a bad alternative either. The mods are better with Nyx, but the growths are worse and Ophelia can't get Swallow Strike unless she marries Shigure.

3. I would probably only go with two procs at most. Unless you're using a Brave, most of the time you will only attack twice. Out of those I would go with Breaking Sky + Luna or Dragon Fang, with precedence going to Breaking Sky, since it activates more and should do about as much damage as Luna would.

1. All right, thanks. Vel can still reclass into classes from the Fighter tree, right? Berserker was my first choice when planning for Vel, but at that time I had Luna as her mom so she could give her Mirror Strike. Blacksmith just felt better with the Sword usage, but Berserker makes a lot more sense.

2. I was going to marry Ophelia with Shigure to get Swallow Strike anyway, but now that you bring up the A+ Elise thing with Azura I might just go with that instead. Owain doesn't pass down much with his class sets that I'd really like for a Sorcerer, other than Vantage or something. Maybe one of the Weapon Master skills?

3. Ok, so I'd probably be better off going for Luna, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Diamond Strike, and something else? Axebreaker or Kunaibreaker, maybe, with the Mercenary tree from Silas. Or Swallow Strike if I give Shigure to Sophie instead of Ophelia.

On the Hoshido side (Birthright path), who do you think would be the best candidate for a Great Lord? For a Grandmaster? Please ignore the existence of MyCastle skill buying and logbook skill buying.

Great Lord, default stat caps:

60 HP, 30 Str, 25 Mag, 32 Skl, 34 Spd, 35 Lck, 29 Def, 31 Res; A rank swords, B rank lances;

Class Growths:

15% HP, 15% Str, 0% Mag, 10% Skl, 10% Spd, 15% Lck, 10% Def, 5% Res

Grandmaster, default stat caps:

55 HP, 31 Mag, 33 Mag, 33 Skl, 29 Spd, 26 Def, 28 Def, 33 Res; A rank tomes, B rank swords;

Class Growths:

10% HP, 15% Str, 15% Mag, 15% Skl, 5% Spd, 0% Lck, 5% Def, 15% Res

Grandmaster wants to have good growths in magic and strength.

Oh, by the way, is this a typo on the Obtainable Skills Page.

Skill% chance of adding half the user’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage

That's not how Ignis worked in Awakening…. it should be half magic for a physical weapon and half strength for a magical weapon (unless it was changed for fates).

Anyways, I was thinking that some form of +MAG Avatar would so well for Grandmaster.

As for Great Lord…. they would really like either Swordfaire or Lancefaire access (Lancefaire access when derived from one's available classes inherently carries Breaking Sky access to Proc stack with Aether; Swordfaire likewise comes alongside with Astra).

Who do you think would be a good Hoshidan (Birthright Route) Great Lord.

I think a Matoi would work well for this (intrinsic sword faire class access, female, 2nd gen for higher mods, Hinoka/Oboro!Matoi also offers Lancefaire too and can A+ with Sophie to get a Aether + Luna proc stack). However, I recognize that I have a positive bias in Matoi's favor (as I'm planning to pair her with my Avatar).

Can you come up with a better (non-Avatar) Hoshidan Great Lord? Remember that Great Lords must be female in this game.

On the Hoshido side (Birthright path), who do you think would be the best candidate for a Great Lord? For a Grandmaster? Please ignore the existence of MyCastle skill buying and logbook skill buying.

Great Lord, default stat caps:

60 HP, 30 Str, 25 Mag, 32 Skl, 34 Spd, 35 Lck, 29 Def, 31 Res; A rank swords, B rank lances;

Class Growths:

15% HP, 15% Str, 0% Mag, 10% Skl, 10% Spd, 15% Lck, 10% Def, 5% Res

Grandmaster, default stat caps:

55 HP, 31 Mag, 33 Mag, 33 Skl, 29 Spd, 26 Def, 28 Def, 33 Res; A rank tomes, B rank swords;

Class Growths:

10% HP, 15% Str, 15% Mag, 15% Skl, 5% Spd, 0% Lck, 5% Def, 15% Res

Grandmaster wants to have good growths in magic and strength.

Oh, by the way, is this a typo on the Obtainable Skills Page.

That's not how Ignis worked in Awakening. it should be half magic for a physical weapon and half strength for a magical weapon (unless it was changed for fates).

Anyways, I was thinking that some form of +MAG Avatar would so well for Grandmaster.

As for Great Lord. they would really like either Swordfaire or Lancefaire access (Lancefaire access when derived from one's available classes inherently carries Breaking Sky access to Proc stack with Aether; Swordfaire likewise comes alongside with Astra).

Who do you think would be a good Hoshidan (Birthright Route) Great Lord.

I think a Matoi would work well for this (intrinsic sword faire class access, female, 2nd gen for higher mods, Hinoka/Oboro!Matoi also offers Lancefaire too and can A+ with Sophie to get a Aether + Luna proc stack). However, I recognize that I have a positive bias in Matoi's favor (as I'm planning to pair her with my Avatar).

Can you come up with a better (non-Avatar) Hoshidan Great Lord? Remember that Great Lords must be female in this game.

if your running +mag -luk Kamui is a must for grandmaster Matoi I have the same bias and prefer her as the Great Lord recipient I paired my Kamui with Hinoka!Matoi and she was an excellent nohr skillbot maybe Oboro or a speed base Kinu can work. Edited by SapphireFalconWing

1. All right, thanks. Vel can still reclass into classes from the Fighter tree, right? Berserker was my first choice when planning for Vel, but at that time I had Luna as her mom so she could give her Mirror Strike. Blacksmith just felt better with the Sword usage, but Berserker makes a lot more sense.

2. I was going to marry Ophelia with Shigure to get Swallow Strike anyway, but now that you bring up the A+ Elise thing with Azura I might just go with that instead. Owain doesn't pass down much with his class sets that I'd really like for a Sorcerer, other than Vantage or something. Maybe one of the Weapon Master skills?

3. Ok, so I'd probably be better off going for Luna, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant, Diamond Strike, and something else? Axebreaker or Kunaibreaker, maybe, with the Mercenary tree from Silas. Or Swallow Strike if I give Shigure to Sophie instead of Ophelia.

Yeah, if it's for Charlotte!Velour, she should probably be a Berserker. For some reason I thought you were asking about Charlotte herself being an Oni Savage. As mentioned earlier, Velour doesn't get Oni Savage from Charlotte, though I think she can inherit a skill from that class tree.

As for Elise, she does benefit a bit herself with an A+ with Azura. Falcon Knight is a decent class that lets her use her staff rank, and she can pick up a few other good abilities such as Sun God. In IK she may want Sakura for Tomefaire, but in Nohr Azura is a very good choice. Odin's A+s are very lacking, though. Maybe Sol from Lazward?

For Sophie, Swallow Strike is a good option, and if you're giving Elise to Ophelia there's a good argument for Sophie (or possibly Velour) to take Shigure instead. Depending on Shigure's father, he may be missing out on a proc, so pairing him with Sophie would be a good choice, even if it's just for Luna. He can also get Diamond Strike to compliment his Mirror Strike to be impenetrable on player phase. Vengeance isn't quite as good as it used to be, though it is still viable, so Ophelia is still a spouse to consider.

Mitama would be my pick for a Birthright Great Lord, particularly Oboro!Mitama, who would get 4 strength, 2 skill, 3 speed and 3 defense. (and blue hair) Her father can pick up Swallow Strike himself, and Oboro passes all of the good skills that come with Lance Fighter. Mitama can get Extravagance and Copycat by herself, filling out any other skills that she might find useful. Marry her to Hisame and you're basically set, since Samurai + Lance Fighter gives both relevant faires. She could run a final set that looks like this:

*Swallow Strike, Breaking Sky, Aether/Astra(depending on husband), Extravagance, Flamboyant/Line of Death

This could also be run with Hana!Mitama married to Shinonome. Hana!Mitama would get 4 speed but -1 defense, though her res would also be higher.

Edited by HeoandReo