• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Same goes for if you had 1 blue, 1 red and 3 flipped, any combination of red or blue cards adding up to 5 or less can be played.

Can I get a source for this ruling? Right now there's uncertainty on this rule due to color matching. Some people believe colorless can never be used to summon. Aka if you have 1 red, and 3 flipped bonds, you cannot summon anything other than a cost 1 red card.

Just to super clarify this, does anyone have the specific passage from the rule book that specifies this rule? Would really appreciate it.

Double and triple checked. Genojack is correct. There are specific examples in the rule book as well.

Edited by Coopa

Can I get a source for this ruling? Right now there's uncertainty on this rule due to color matching. Some people believe colorless can never be used to summon. Aka if you have 1 red, and 3 flipped bonds, you cannot summon anything other than a cost 1 red card.

Just to super clarify this, does anyone have the specific passage from the rule book that specifies this rule? Would really appreciate it.

Double and triple checked. Genojack is correct. There are specific examples in the rule book as well.

It would be bad to flip bonds otherwise, then. No one would play many cars that do so, and even then, only use those abilities late game. So yeah, just need at least one face-up bond of the same color to deploy what you need.

There's currently nothing that flips a Bond face-up.

Nothing that DIRECTLY flips a bond face-up yet. But you can recall bonds back to your hand thanks to Nowi's effect, and put them down in the bond zone again at the end of turn, which is a really slow way of unflipping them.

(going off of memory here, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

hi i got questions

1)is there also a limit to the amount of frontline and rear units u can have on the field??

2)can u intercept an attacker targeting ur lord with your frontline/rear units?

3) is there a point to moving a rear unit to the frontline as it seems to me that the only time that you wanna do that is if you wanna move an archer to the front so that it can attack the units in ur opponent's rear area.

4)the card maribelle (1 cost) has an attack rage of - , does that mean that she cannot attack??

and also i know this has been asked many times but does it mean that flipped bonds can be mixed with at least 1 unflipped bond of a certain color to pay for the cost of a unit with the same color??

Edited by lyhthegreat

3) Well, there's Stahl/Sully/Cain/Abel that basically make your backline useless, giving you the option to keep them useless or give them a chance to be useful.

4) Every unit with a Staff icon cannot initiate an attack.

My question, about Draug:

“Armor Expertise” / CONT / Except against Tome affinity units, when this unit attacks it’s attack is increased by 20.

Does the phrase "attacks" mean any battle, or only when it initiates? Because that seems like the opposite of Kellam.

hi i got questions [/size]

1)is there also a limit to the amount of frontline and rear units u can have on the field?? [/size]

2)can u intercept an attacker targeting ur lord with your frontline/rear units? [/size]

3) is there a point to moving a rear unit to the frontline as it seems to me that the only time that you wanna do that is if you wanna move an archer to the front so that it can attack the units in ur opponent's rear area. [/size]

4)the card maribelle (1 cost) has an attack rage of - , does that mean that she cannot attack??[/size]

and also i know this has been asked many times but does it mean that flipped bonds can be mixed with at least 1 unflipped bond of a certain color to pay for the cost of a unit with the same color??[/size]

1. IIRC, there's no limit? Someone gimme a hand here~!

2. Nope, this isn't Vanguard!

3. If you have no front-row units, you HAVE to move the back line forward. You'll also want to do this so that your melee units can attack, too! Oh, and front-row tome users can snipe at archers in back. :P:

4. She cannot attack.

Flipped bonds are considered to have no color. Thus, you need one face-up bond of the correct color to play a card.

Armor Expertise / CONT / Except against Tome affinity units, when this unit attacks its attack is increased by 20.

Does the phrase "attacks" mean any battle, or only when it initiates? Because that seems like the opposite of Kellam.

Huh. That's interesting. The two cards have the exact same wording for their effects in Japanese (per the Japanese Cipher wiki). One of them is wrong, but I'm not sure which one it is.

1. IIRC, there's no limit? Someone gimme a hand here~!2. Nope, this isn't Vanguard!3. If you have no front-row units, you HAVE to move the back line forward. You'll also want to do this so that your melee units can attack, too! Oh, and front-row tome users can snipe at archers in back. :P:4. She cannot attack.Flipped bonds are considered to have no color. Thus, you need one face-up bond of the correct color to play a card.Huh. That's interesting. The two cards have the exact same wording for their effects in Japanese (per the Japanese Cipher wiki). One of them is wrong, but I'm not sure which one it is.

I can confirm there is no limit to the number of units on the field at a time. I even put it down in the comprehensive rules. Yeah, that is crazy, but you gotta remember that you can only have one unit of a character at a time, anyways (Fingers crossed that token monsters will make an appearance via Lyon from Sacred Stones! XD). And I think Kellam is the correct one as well, since they are Knights, as Tuvillo mentioned. They are the opposite of Fighters, after all.

By the way, does anyone know what tournament format is played in Japan? Single games or matches? (I want to see a metagame where Lord decision works like a Side deck)

Need some clarification in the attack range.

Say, I have Virion on rearguard, I can only attack vanguard cards of the other player? I can't attack the rearguard?

And if I have Virion on vanguard, I can only attack the rearguard cards of the other player? i can't attack both vanguard and rearguard cards?

Need some clarification in the attack range.

Say, I have Virion on rearguard, I can only attack vanguard cards of the other player? I can't attack the rearguard?

And if I have Virion on vanguard, I can only attack the rearguard cards of the other player? i can't attack both vanguard and rearguard cards?

Each field area counts as 1 range so a back row unit with 2 range can only reach your opponents vanguard area. If he's in vanguard area, then he can only attack the opponent's rearguard area.

3) Well, there's Stahl/Sully/Cain/Abel that basically make your backline useless, giving you the option to keep them useless or give them a chance to be useful.

4) Every unit with a Staff icon cannot initiate an attack.

“Armor Expertise” / CONT / Except against Tome affinity units, when this unit attacks it’s attack is increased by 20.

My apologies, that's a mistake on my part. The skill "Armor Expertise" should read "Except against tome-wielders, when this unit is attacked, its’ attack is increased by 20." This applies for both Draug and Kellam. Thank you for the catch on that.

My apologies, that's a mistake on my part. The skill "Armor Expertise" should read "Except against tome-wielders, when this unit is attacked, its’ attack is increased by 20." This applies for both Draug and Kellam. Thank you for the catch on that.

Updated Draug's page to reflect the fix.

hey guys, just wanna know does everyone gets to use the critical and god evasion skill when they discard a card with the same name or is it just exclusive to cards that says that they can do that in their skills like owain SR and navarre SR???

The act of initiating a critical hit or god speed evasion is available to every character in your deck as long as you can discard another card with that character's name from your hand. In the battle phase after doing the support check the attacker chooses whether or not to initiate a critical hit. After that, the defender has the option to use God Speed Evasion.

Certain cards (like swordmasters Navarre & Lon'qu) have skills that negate the use of Critical Hits and God Speed Evasion. In the case of sword masters you have to activate Killing Edge before you attack with them to prevent GSE check from your opponent.

Just to check, can a non-Classchanged Owain get his Attack up to x4?

I'm assuming you mean orb destruction. If that's what you're aiming at then the answer is no because each effect states it now destroys 2 orbs. Not destroy an extra orb.