Spoiler What is Ryoma's beef?

Pepper

Why is he super pissed at you any way in the Third path? When from what I've read Kamui pretty much doesn't want to hurt both families and jets off do his own thing with Aqua to solve this mess, why hound you in rage for choosing to be neutral?

Given everything that's happened to his family and Hoshido [his dad was killed by Garon, you were kidnapped right after that, Mikoto died protecting you (and Ryoma likely thinks that it was a Nohrian ploy), and Hoshido's getting invaded by Nohr], not picking their side probably warrants some pretty deep rage, especially on Ryoma's end. That's just my take on how things would go.

Well, you can't blame him with all things considered and besides he changes his mind later.

but he has to understand why your kinda don't want to choose a side seeing how you have some deep inner turmoil from everything that happened in the short span of days.

but he has to understand why your kinda don't want to choose a side seeing how you have some deep inner turmoil from everything that happened in the short span of days.

No, he doesn't. You're thinking logically and impartially. In Ryoma's eyes, considering everything that's happened, you SHOULD be choosing Hoshido (you are from Hoshido, they are your 'real' family, your mother just DIED saving you; in the past, Sumeragi died saving you). NOT picking a side isn't much different from picking the opposite side. You're still rejecting Hoshido. You just happen to also be rejecting Nohr too. But that rejection is still a betrayal. It's just an easier one to recover from.

No, he doesn't. You're thinking logically and impartially. In Ryoma's eyes, considering everything that's happened, you SHOULD be choosing Hoshido (you are from Hoshido, they are your 'real' family, your mother just DIED saving you; in the past, Sumeragi died saving you). NOT picking a side isn't much different from picking the opposite side. You're still rejecting Hoshido. You just happen to also be rejecting Nohr too. But that rejection is still a betrayal. It's just an easier one to recover from.

I never really thought about that,

But he really takes it far in chasing you down for a while.

Imo, he's a self-righteous dumbass who expect the dragon lollipop to be in his mouth. Like numerous characters in this game. Like numerous dumb anime characters...

They just expect you to join them with zero problem.

RIP all the people he killed when he was pursuing you btw. :p

Edited by B.Leu

Imo, he's a self-righteous dumbass who expect the dragon lollipop to be in his mouth. Like numerous characters in this game. Like numerous dumb anime characters...

Really? I'd like to know more cause all I really know is he kinda goes apeshit on you.

They just expect you to join them with zero problem.

That's not true at all.

I think it has to do with his personality and way of thinking. He seems like a hot blooded and somewhat stuborn man wich easily explains how angry he gets at you and why he chases you for so long. His reasons for that are probably the tension between Norh and Hoshido(you know that kidnapping and war thing) but that doesn't explain why he gets more angry at you if you choose neither side in fact he seems less angry if you choose Norh. That's explained through the way of the Bushido wich according to his character profile he follows. The way of the Bushido is a set of rules that all samurai must follow and eventhough said rules may vary they always follow a set of eight virtues some of those virtues are loyalty, courage and honour. He probably thinks that by choosing neither side you're being a disloyal coward with no honour. Hoshido is your bloodline so it's kinda of a loyalty to your bloodline thing and Norh is said to be loyalty in the trailer so it would be easier to swallow if you end up choosing it if you choose neither it means you're severing your loyalty towards Norh and Hoshido and by doing it in his anger he sees you as a dishonorable coward. But that's just theory...

I think it has to do with his personality and way of thinking. He seems like a hot blooded and somewhat stuborn man wich easily explains how angry he gets at you and why he chases you for so long. His reasons for that are probably the tension between Norh and Hoshido(you know that kidnapping and war thing) but that doesn't explain why he gets more angry at you if you choose neither side in fact he seems less angry if you choose Norh. That's explained through the way of the Bushido wich according to his character profile he follows. The way of the Bushido is a set of rules that all samurai must follow and eventhough said rules may vary they always follow a set of eight virtues some of those virtues are loyalty, courage and honour. He probably thinks that by choosing neither side you're being a disloyal coward with no honour. Hoshido is your bloodline so it's kinda of a loyalty to your bloodline thing and Norh is said to be loyalty in the trailer so it would be easier to swallow if you end up choosing it if you choose neither it means you're severing your loyalty towards Norh and Hoshido and by doing it in his anger he sees you as a dishonorable coward. But that's just theory...

That's actually really fleshed out reason for why he acts the way he does.

Without giving any details, does Ryouma and Xander join you simultaneously? It sounds as if though Ryouma takes things very far in the third route.

Edited by Thane

It is worth noting that with Mikoto's death, he is the next in line for the throne, so imagine he's under a lot pressure, and when people are like that, they usually don't think straight.

That's actually really fleshed out reason for why he acts the way he does.

Thank you! I always like to flesh out characters the best I can and I'm happy to share my little theory on this forum.

From what I've read out of various dialogue, supports, amie convos, etc it seems he cares A LOT about Kamui, and one of the things he really doesn't want is to lose you again. As the oldest, he (and Hinoka) was old enough to remember Kamui when he was kidnapped.

Combined with the whole bushido thing outlined earlier, it is also apparent that he takes betrayal very personally. It probably hurt him a lot.

From what I've read out of various dialogue, supports, amie convos, etc it seems he cares A LOT about Kamui, and one of the things he really doesn't want is to lose you again. As the oldest, he (and Hinoka) was old enough to remember Kamui when he was kidnapped.

Combined with the whole bushido thing outlined earlier, it is also apparent that he takes betrayal very personally. It probably hurt him a lot.

Sometimes the bird well in this case Dragon needs to leave the nest to find their own path.

Sometimes the bird well in this case Dragon needs to leave the nest to find their own path.

Again, that's looking at it too objectively as an outsider. To properly analyze character actions, you need to at least try to see from their viewpoint. Lobster literally gets his little sibling, whom he cares very much about, back for like 3 days, then they do something that, to his eyes, looks like betrayal.

Something something the more they care, the harder they get hurt.

Also echoing the bit up top about being the eldest/heir/effectively-the-king-considering-mikoto-is-dead. So on top of his pain, you have this immense pressure to do right by his people. And sometimes, that amount of pressure translates to not always the optimal decision. Lobster may be wise (at least from what I gathered from his supports), but he's still human. And humans, unlike computers, do act on their emotions.

Mikoto's recent death probably don't help his case one bit.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm honestly a bit glad that he's chasing you; Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone that it's refreshing when someone (who isn't evil) is against him.

Granted, we all know Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong, but hey, if we close our eyes we can pretend that he has flaws.

I'm honestly a bit glad that he's chasing you; Kamui is so damn popular and loved by everyone that it's refreshing when someone (who isn't evil) is against him.

Granted, we all know Ryouma will be forced to apologize and Kamui will forgive him without a second thought because he's the most rad person that's ever lived and is never wrong, but hey, if we close our eyes we can pretend that he has flaws.

Pretty sure you have to give the guy a good ass kicking before he tows the line.

Pretty sure you have to give the guy a good ass kicking before he tows the line.

Yeah but that's hardly anything new. They'll be drinking fruity drinks together the same evening.

Yeah but that's hardly anything new. They'll be drinking fruity drinks together the same evening.

Yea its pretty dumb Kamui should really call him out for being a dimwit but again I don't know maybe Kamui does call his shit out I haven't seen the dialogue for their fight or the aftermath.