Fire Emblem Fates Conspiracy Theory (Spoilers)

UnknownUber

Before you read the title and raise an eyebrow, at least try to hear me out.

First, we have Aqua. She's a main character and what not. That's all good, until we take a look at her endings, most will always say there were no records of her.

Her single ending is what prompted me to think of this. This part in particular:

"Some say she was a Personification of the events that transpired, many debate if she was even a person at all"

So that brings the question, is Aqua even an actual person? Notice how she has very little development as a character, also notice how she seems to come up with ridiculously stupid plans, like getting Garon to the Hoshidan throne to prove a point to everyone. And everyone else seems to just roll with because she's Aqua.

Also notice how she seemingly dissapears and fades away like an abstract thought in the Hoshido and Nohr campaigns. It's almost like now that everything was said and done, she dissapears like she's of no use anymore.

So my theory is that is simply a representation of the emotions and confusion that occured throughout the war, she's also the scapegoat for people's ignorance at the time such as making really stupid and convuluted plans.

I actually really like this theory... I'm just going to use this as my head-canon...

But then as brought up earlier, where would Shigure come into all of this?

So people are asking where Shigure fits into all of this. I have a theory on that . But I must see Shigure's ending to really piece it together.

He doesn't exist either

None of Aqua's ending state anything about having a child if she is even married at all . So it's quite possible he's made up as well.

This is even assuming if any of the children cam even be considered, since they play like no role in the story.

But then looking at it now...

Can you even consider the children to be real as well? Think about it, they are all from another dimension where time goes faster. They may very well not exist or were part of the war either. I mean they are never acknowleged in any way, shape, or form in the story almost like they're just there with no real purpose.

I think I figured it out. This is not the actual story, but this is actually a retelling of Fates' story. As in most Fire Emblems, they're usually structured as historical novels or folktales. So perhaps the story we're playing through, is not an accurate representation of the Hoshido/Nohrian War, we're instead playing through a story version that people have written after the actual war.

And it's not entirely true either, what with Aqua and the seemingly out of nowhere children. Wait, what if the Version split actually represents a historical debate on what actually happenef?

I mean it was stated that Kamui's tale varied from multiple accounts. What if every single version is a different historian's perspective of the Hoshido/Nohrian War?

Edited by UnknownUber

I have little patience for crackpot "It was all a dream/dying hallucination/imagined up by an autistic supporting character" theories. Perhaps it's because I've seen way too many, and I've just grown tired of it. Seriously, a theory like that exists for every video game, movie, book, television show, etc.

I have little patience for crackpot "It was all a dream/dying hallucination/imagined up by an autistic supporting character" theories. Perhaps it's because I've seen way too many, and I've just grown tired of it. Seriously, a theory like that exists for every video game, movie, book, television show, etc.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMassGuessing

Still not an excuse to make Aqua's character shallow and void. If she had any character and relevance, I would actually care that she dies at the end.