No Nomad Class?

I personally was surprised when the first two gba games featured nomads but the last one didn't. I get that they're irrelevant to the time period that Sacred Stones is set in but they could have just changed the name for that class and tweaked it to look like that times modern day cavalier, but with a bow equipped. I just really liked that class and was disappointed when it didn't have a reappearance. They have the Ranger class(promotion choice for both the mercenary and archer) but it just doesn't really feel the same as a Nomadic Trooper. I mean how could you forget that one critical animation? Anybody feel the same or think that it's better that they didn't reappear?

I miss tier one mounted bow units in this game, yeah, but I don't really see much of a difference between Rangers and Nomadic Troopers. Something that sucks, however, is that between your two options, Gerik is better as a Hero and Neimi sucks to raise =/

Edited by Nobody

Sacred Stones is set in roughly the same time period as the Elibe series, so I doubt the timeframe has anything to do with the removal of the nomad class. The lack of a country of nomads was more likely the reason they were removed.

Now, IS could have included a bow knight class, but that creates some issues. What would a theoretical bow knight class promote into? Ranger is obviously one choice, but what of the second? Giving them the option to promote into paladins or great knights makes no sense, and allowing them to promote into snipers would be a downgrade. An original class could be made, but that would most likely end up rendering the ranger class obsolete.

It's also worth pointing out that a bow knight-type class wouldn't have the same feel as a nomad class because they are thematically two very different things. :\

Sacred Stones is set in roughly the same time period as the Elibe series, so I doubt the timeframe has anything to do with the removal of the nomad class. The lack of a country of nomads was more likely the reason they were removed.Now, IS could have included a bow knight class, but that creates some issues. What would a theoretical bow knight class promote into? Ranger is obviously one choice, but what of the second? Giving them the option to promote into paladins or great knights makes no sense, and allowing them to promote into snipers would be a downgrade. An original class could be made, but that would most likely end up rendering the ranger class obsolete.It's also worth pointing out that a bow knight-type class wouldn't have the same feel as a nomad class because they are thematically two very different things. :\

I don't really see the issue in making a new promotion class option exclusive to the Nomad class. Surely they would have to remain mounted and retain the use of bows but just have a secondary weapon option that differs from the sword weapon that the Ranger class is given. That being said, any other weapon such as lances or axes may not be so much of a good idea. But a good secondary weapon for this new class could be magic-preferably some type of dark magic.

I don't really see the issue in making a new promotion class option exclusive to the Nomad class. Surely they would have to remain mounted and retain the use of bows but just have a secondary weapon option that differs from the sword weapon that the Ranger class is given. That being said, any other weapon such as lances or axes may not be so much of a good idea. But a good secondary weapon for this new class could be magic-preferably some type of dark magic.

That would be impossible. In the gba games units had either a strength stat or a magic stat; never both.

That would be impossible. In the gba games units had either a strength stat or a magic stat; never both.

Ahh very good point,I completely forgot about that. Well then the MOST sensible weapon choice for a new class promotion would be lances beacause axes would just make it be like a warrior on a horse. Course that never stopped the existence of Nomads and Archers together in the first place, given that MAINLY the only difference between them IS one being mounted and the other not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/1/2015 at 11:42 AM, Nobody said:

I miss tier one mounted bow units in this game, yeah, but I don't really see much of a difference between Rangers and Nomadic Troopers. Something that sucks, however, is that between your two options, Gerik is better as a Hero and Neimi sucks to raise =/

Neimi is very good and has pretty good stats, but i normally prefer to change her into ranger just so she can canto.