Is Camilla a psychopath? (story spoilers)

HeartTranquil

Doesn't she try to kill Avatar during Birthright and 3rd route initially? She was ordered by Garon to kill Avatar in the 3rd route and she happily obliged.

If she has any feelings for Avatar (romantic or nonromantic), shouldn't she be more hesitant to kill Avatar? Does anyone know the context within which she carried out her missions to kill Avatar?

Camilla doesn't take Kamui's betrayal well, not because angry at him, but because she just can't understand why Kamui wouldn't want to side with Nohr, for her, Kamui's actions makes no sense, she can't find rhyme or reason to it, and it slowly drives her insanse trying to find as to why Kamui wouldn't want be at her side, so it's no wonder that she is a little messed in the head when you meet her again, besides in her mind, she must think that if Kamui has to die, at least it should be by her hand, or maybe she never wanted to kill him, but rather wanted Kamui to kill her, so she put on an act to force Kamui to fight her.

Edited by Water Mage

Camilla doesn't take Kamui's betrayal well, not because angry at him, but because she just can't understand why Kamui wouldn't want to side with Nohr, for her, Kamui's actions makes no sense, she can't find rhyme or reason to it, and it slowly drives her insanse trying to find as to why Kamui wouldn't want be at her side, so it's no wonder that she is a little messed in the head when you meet her again, besides in her mind, she must think that if Kamui has to die, at least it should be by her hand, or maybe she never wanted to kill him, but rather wanted Kamui to kill her, so she put on an act to force Kamui to fight her.

Thank you.

May I ask if this is really a summary of what actually happens in the game? The "couldn't understand Avatar"; the "slowly driving her insane" parts - are all these based on the game's narrative (what the game shows/tells you?).

If I may add, Camilla does seem to have an unhealthy obsession of Kamui. For her, Kamui staying by her side is always the best option according to her, as she would accomodate to all his wishes. It's not only restricted to the Hoshido route, in her S-support, she loathes the idea of him marrying another woman, even though they are siblings (even if not in blood, actually that might not have prevented her anyway) and one of her amie lines is of her killing him and them commit suicide if he ever strays from her.

Thank you.

May I ask if this is really a summary of what actually happens in the game? The "couldn't understand Avatar"; the "slowly driving her insane" parts - are all these based on the game's narrative (what the game shows/tells you?).

In the Hoshido path, when you meet Marx and Leon again the react as excpected saying things like "what are you doing here traitor?!", but when you meet Camilla her reaction is simply: "aww, you're so cute! You came back to see me!", nevermind that you came back to Nohr to attack the country, and the reason she fights you? She thinks that if she kills everyone from Hoshido, Kamui would go back Nohr, and if I'm not mistaken, Marx says something similar to Elise, when she asks Marx why are they fighting Kamui and Hoshido.

In the Hoshido path, when you meet Marx and Leon again the react as excpected saying things like "what are you doing here traitor?!", but when you meet Camilla her reaction is simply: "aww, you're so cute! You came back to see me!", nevermind that you came back to Nohr to attack the country, and the reason she fights you? She thinks that if she kills everyone from Hoshido, Kamui would go back Nohr, and if I'm not mistaken, Marx says something similar to Elise, when she asks Marx why are they fighting Kamui and Hoshido.

Thanks for the extra info.

If I may add, Camilla does seem to have an unhealthy obsession of Kamui. For her, Kamui staying by her side is always the best option according to her, as she would accomodate to all his wishes. It's not only restricted to the Hoshido route, in her S-support, she loathes the idea of him marrying another woman, even though they are siblings (even if not in blood, actually that might not have prevented her anyway) and one of her amie lines is of her killing him and them commit suicide if he ever strays from her.

Really?! One of her amie lines actually is about killing Avatar and then committing suicide herself if he strays away from her? I hope you're not joking... link please... I thought people said she's better than Tharja.

I think I've just read the most implausible idea but did Camilla kill her other "siblings" from the concubines?

Thanks for the extra info.

Really?! One of her amie lines actually is about killing Avatar and then committing suicide herself if he strays away from her? I hope you're not joking... link please... I thought people said she's better than Tharja.

I think I've just read the most implausible idea but did Camilla kill her other "siblings" from the concubines?

No problem, as for the other question, no I don't think so, Camilla does honestly love her entire family, and with the exception of her obsession with Kamui, she's actually a pretty decent person.

No problem, as for the other question, no I don't think so, Camilla does honestly love her entire family, and with the exception of her obsession with Kamui, she's actually a pretty decent person.

I just checked Camilla's amie lines, I don't see the "killing you if you betray" part.

I think psychopath is a bit too strong of a term to describe,her, but she's definitely not all there. Aside from the aforementioned "I'll kill all your friends and family so you have to come back to me", her supports are also rather disturbing. Her support with Kamui is more or less nagging Kamui to have physical contact with her, and later on bathe with her. Her entire support with Arthur is more or less using the latter to say "Camilla loves you" so Kamui knows of her affections. It's really rather uncomfortable.

Now that I think about it, maybe the concubines's fight is one the reasons she possesive of Kamui, maybe after losing so many sibilings she decided to latch on one, and love them no matter what.

And like Thane said, psychopath is not really the right word for her, there's actually a word for it, but I need to research it, because weird as it may sound, that sort of obssesive behavior that Camilla displays, does exist in real life.

Otherwise, restraining orders wouldn't exist.

Starts at 1:30

She somewhat sees Kamui as a crutch, as her existence in life. Dependancy on another person is not that uncommon (if not at such levels), Tharja's behaviour was more a stalker. Not to mention that for all intents and purposes, she is still Kamui's older sister. I would probably tolerate clingy behaviour more if it was my sister, knowing that it is out of genuine (sibling) love, rather than some possessive delusion.

As stupid as it sounds, Camilla is interesting in the sense that unlike the other sibblings, who are in their tiny self-ritghteous world, she actually think of Kamui him/herself, in a crazy way yeah, but that's something.

... Then she openly want to kill Kamui in IK.

She somewhat sees Kamui as a crutch, as her existence in life. Dependancy on another person is not that uncommon (if not at such levels), Tharja's behaviour was more a stalker. Not to mention that for all intents and purposes, she is still Kamui's older sister. I would probably tolerate clingy behaviour more if it was my sister, knowing that it is out of genuine (sibling) love, rather than some possessive delusion.

Wonderful waste of support btw. It could've been used to actually develop Camilla, addressing the pseudo-incest issue, her past, about apparently using him/her as a crutch, I'm not the sure what the game is trying to do with her at that point.

In fact, the game doesn't seem to know what to do with a lot of things. Freaking GG IS.

Edited by B.Leu

^

Oh you've gotta be kidding me.

"I don't know what I'll do without you... If you were to go somewhere far away... I will kill you and myself."

Where is this "far away" place she is referring to?

Remember that this is just a rough translation (though my knowledge is not on par to make an assessment) so it could mean anything, but I interpret it as "not by her side".

Wonderful waste of support btw. It could've been used to actually develop Camilla, addressing the pseudo-incest issue, her past, about apparently using him/her as a crutch, I'm not the sure what the game is trying to do with her at that point.

In fact, the game doesn't seem to know what to do with a lot of things. Freaking GG IS.

None of Kamui's sibling supports feel siblingy at all, like adressing trust and love as siblings and supporting each other and forgiving each other. I mean, even Kamui's and Takumi's is so vague, when it should have been about the two connecting, when it's hard for them due to circumstances. IS probably wanted to make it so neutral as possible so the transition to S wouldn't be too weird.

Well that failed.

W

Now that I think about it, maybe the concubines's fight is one the reasons she possesive of Kamui, maybe after losing so many sibilings she decided to latch on one, and love them no matter what.

I actually think ZeroxCamilla brings this up. (though the translation feels awkward so I don't know if I understood it fully).

Byt yeah, this is what I was thinking myself, while she likes Kamui a little... too much... Camilla seems like she's still very affectionate to the other siblings, in Leon/Camilla (assuming the translating is good/I didn't misunderstand) Leon gets kinda sad she doesn't give him attention compared to the others.

Since she's only obsessed with the Avatar in ~that~ way it still feels forced, but it's not out of nowhere, I wonder if Camilla herself took up a pseudo-mother role for Leon and Elise.

But, as the op is asking, she's pretty nuts. I don't think psychopath is the right word at all though? More like overly attached/obsessive.

Edited by L95

In IK, she shows up to kill Kamui on Garon's orders, saying that she can't go against him and she'll at least kill Kamui herself.

Then you beat her, and she says she'd rather die by Kamui's hand then anything else. Then Kamui asks her to join his forces, and she does so without hesitation.

Not a psychopath but definitely mentally unstable. No one talks about murder-suicide if someone they love leaves them unless they have some serious issues. I understand that Camilla uses Kamui as an emotional crutch but I find it kind of hard to believe. Why not any of her other siblings, whom she is more likely to see since Kamui spent most of his life locked in that castle?

Not a psychopath but definitely mentally unstable. No one talks about murder-suicide if someone they love leaves them unless they have some serious issues. I understand that Camilla uses Kamui as an emotional crutch but I find it kind of hard to believe. Why not any of her other siblings, whom she is more likely to see since Kamui spent most of his life locked in that castle?

This is something I never quite understood. This isn't explained in her supports either. 99.99% of the time, Camilla's dotes on Kamui rather than any of her other siblings. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she didn't care about the others.

It isn't just Kamui either. In her supports with Luna, when Luna asks how Camilla would react if Luna were to attempt to return to her world (Ylisse), Camilla responds by saying that she would break Luna's legs to prevent her from leaving.

She's a little messed up in the head.

This is something I never quite understood. This isn't explained in her supports either. 99.99% of the time, Camilla's dotes on Kamui rather than any of her other siblings. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she didn't care about the others.

Well, Camilla says in her S support with a Male Kamui that she's been in love with him since the day they met. Might explain the attachment to them.

I knew she had a little bit of that psycho streak, but when I see her next to some of the other psychopath characters in this game...her psycho-ness pales in comparison and I forget about it. Her S support amie line is a good reminder though, about killing both herself and Kamui. Oh Camilla...