Fire Emblem 7: Tag Team LP [Ch. 32x Complete!]

Raven

Same format as the previous tag team that became inactive thanks to one or two inactive individuals finding their way on board, so I'm reviving it.

Please, do not join unless you're adamant to see this through to the end. Do not disappoint me a second time. I was really looking forward to that previous game.

Rules:
1. Hector Hard Mode, every chapter, including all Gaiden chapters. (Nils will reach level 7 in Lyn's story so we can play 19xx).
2. Each person must select 1 or 2 safe units for themselves. These units must be recruited, survive each chapter, and be used whenever possible.
3. An unit is allowed to die only if they don't give a Game Over screen, and if they do not prevent the recruitment of safe units later on (e.g. killing Priscilla before she can talk to a safe Raven prevents Raven's recruitment - so Priscilla must live, at least until then).
4. A player is allowed to forfeit a chapter and pass it on for the next person to complete ONLY if they cannot complete the chapter no matter how hard they feel they've tried, or find it impossible for themselves to complete the requirements to reach one of the Gaiden chapters.
5. A total of 5 players, each with 6 chapters to play. Whoever completes Chapter 31: Sands of Time will be responsible for Chapter 31x: Battle Preparations before passing along the .sav file.
6. Snaking format: 1,2,3,4,5,5,4,3,2,1,1,2...etc.This should help smooth out the run and keep it from going stagnant.

---

Signups:
1. Raven - Rebecca-1.pngRaven.png - Ch 11, 18, 19, 25, 26, Final
2. SilverHairedFreak25 | Tequila - Dart.pngCanas-1.png - Ch 12, 17x, 19x, 24, 27, 32x
3. phobia | MrNight48 - Heath.pngLucius.png - Ch 13, 17, 19xx, 23x, 28, 32
4. BlancHammer - Fiora.pngGeitz-1.png - Ch 13x, 16, 20, 23, 28x, 31, 31x
5. Kaede Ryusaki - Priscilla.pngRath-1.png - Ch 14, 15, 21, 22, 29, 30

6. MrNight48 - Substitute

---

Remember you must post your progress through chapters within this thread in the form of screenshots. Funny captions recommended but not mandatory. Simply stating what is going on/strategies, etc. is more than enough, and sometimes a lot more interesting, too.

Subscribe to the thread so you get emails when people reply to it.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, maybe an important FYI: i'll be killing basically everyone (except Lyn and Nils) before Lyn Mode ends so all units will start HHM with default HHM bases and levels.

If you want to change any Safe units before we begin, make it known here.

well then yes i will change Florina to Heath because if she isnt trained in lyn mode she's 2weak

also fuck, battle before dawn

Edited by phobia

The original post has been updated to reflect all signups.

It's late here and I have work in the morning, but tomorrow I'll try to get the game prepared and complete Lyn Mode in the appropriate manner so we can begin properly playing HHM either tomorrow or the next day.

Subscribe to the thread so you get emails when people reply to it, too. Best way to keep up to date with this.

Edited by Raven

I just saw this today. I'm coming back, and I'm ready to fuck this up win this thing! I'm going with Farina and Canas.

Edit: just realized you said 5 people and they've already been selected. Nevermind. Still gonna be watching.

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

I just saw this today. I'm coming back, and I'm ready to fuck this up win this thing! I'm going with Farina and Canas.

Edit: just realized you said 5 people and they've already been selected. Nevermind. Still gonna be watching.

I'm giving people 5 days to at least show themselves (e.g. posting to say they know it's their turn and plan to complete it soon, etc.) when it's their own turn to play.

If anyone's a no-show, you will get top priority to replace them.

Just a heads up: We will be using the USA version of the game. ROM name: "1235 Fire Emblem (U)".

Once I've completed the Lyn Mode for Nils' level 7 and completed chapter 11, I'll upload the .sav file to Mega and post the link here.

You guys probably already know this, but for clarity's sake: Make sure the ROM and the .sav file names are identical and in the same folder or else the .sav will not work with the ROM. Also make sure there's only one .sav file in the folder or that may also bugger things up, but don't quote me on that.

Edit: Lyn's story is done. Everyone was killed, except Lyn and Nils. Now they should return in HHM at their base classes and stats. At least I hope the classes return to base, because I used a Knight Crest on Sain to help him and Lyn power through that chapter.

I also managed to get Lyn to level 4 and keep her there, which is the level she appears at in HHM normally. Stats are a bit different but it's no big deal.

Next post will feature chapter 11, and the tag team will have officially begun. I'll post a link to the .sav file at the end of the post for Poly to pick up.

Edited by Raven

[spoiler=Chapter 11: Another Journey]

V3ThJzT.png

And so it begins.

94gGkTI.png

LIQUID!!

vcLowiW.png

Efficiency be damned, this is a fun run and we're not gonna be putting any experience where it's not needed.

That might sound slightly contradictory, but who cares.

A4rScct.png

I never did understand why the AI units were never programmed to avoid putting themselves in such positions.

cE5F8ES.png

The enemy Thief gave us the runaround and freed up his Archer mate.

Turned into a game of Protect the Matthew whilst trying to steal shit from the enemy Thief whilst trying to kill the enemy Archer whilst also trying to steal his Vulneraries.

CqWsK29.png

Along the way I took out the Archer and remaining Knight, but the Thief escaped before Matthew could steal his Lockpicks.

This Wire guy is as good as dead, at least.

7pJDjoD.png

Game,

En9Tcnj.png

set,

u8fERJd.png

match.

s9QXZOk.png

Nice set there. In these 4 levels, he gained 4 HP, 4 Str, 2 Spd, 1 Luck, 2 Def, and 2 Res.

le70uau.png

With an expression like that, I'm surprised Hector actually agreed to leave with you.

It's been a while since I've played through this, so I kind of forgot how the Thief's AI handled. But the level gains were nice, so there's that.

It's now Polydeuce's chapter to play through. Don't forget the safe units! Use them as much as reasonably possible.

.sav file download

Edit:

Class changes do carry over from Lyn's game to the main game. Wallace is walking proof. If he promoted in Lyn's story, he'll be a general if you fight Lloyd.

Yep. But does the class change still apply if the unit was killed before Lyn Mode ended? This I do not know, because a unit starts with default levels and stats in Eliwood/Hector Mode if they die in Lyn's mode, and not with whatever levels or stats they did gain before they died. http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/base-stats/

Edited by Raven

but this is SAIN

Sain will be fine. It'll be hilarious if he shows up as a Paladin with his level 4 base stats, though.

I'm not sure how it will work, so you should hurry up and play your chapter so we can find out!

Sain will be fine. It'll be hilarious if he shows up as a Paladin with his level 4 base stats, though.

I'm not sure how it will work, so you should hurry up and play your chapter so we can find out!

it's not my turn, is it? wtf

edit: i blazed through like 6 chapters using only marcus hector oswin to find out and

JqhRGtV.pngdTlCiCW.png

first of all hector=god

hfqLaFE.png

second of all this was a pleasant surprise

and finally

BDveDhT.png

Edited by phobia

My mistake, it's Polydeuces' turn. I'll message him asap.

I too was going to run through the game just to find out Sain's situation, but it looks like you did it before I had the chance.

All according to plan!

Edit: Oh yeah, surprise! Fuck me will hopefully provide us some interesting dialogue.

Edited by Raven

Polydeuces and SHF25, whichever of you posts chapter 12 along with the link to the .sav file first will keep/take the position currently held by Poly. I'm not going to let this tag team die, too.