Which side has better class options?

CrazyFiasco

Which side has the better class options?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Nohr or Hoshido?

• Nohr!
    • Hoshido!
    • Neither!

Both are fine for me, though my favorite class out of the batch available would probably be Outlaw or both of the "Bloods".

Though Witch, Dread Fighter, and Ballistician are up there as well.

I like Nohr's units more because of the mounted units, especially paladins and bow knights (yes, I love em' horse archers) as well as the two wyvern classes. While I haven't played the game yet, I (A) Love swooping in with a bunch of fast units and pretending its a cavalry charge and (B) I tend to stick to "canon" classes, so I will probably enjoy playing the characters in Nohr.

Why is Lazwald on foot though when both Marx and Pieri are mounted? Can't he dance on the horse?

I really hate that not only does Hoshido have the archer/sniper class but also all around better bow like weapons in the ways of Yumis. However, my bias for axes and calvary and a sweet spot for knights edge this over to Nohr.

Although the adventurer class still pisses me off.

Hoshido has all the cool innate Crit classes.

Berserker would like a word with you.

Now, for my logic: Nohr has based god class cavalier. Nohr auto-wins.

But seriously, Hoshido's classes that aren't just re-named previous classes feel gimmicky; Oni is theoretically both knight and fighter, but unless you want to mess around with re-classing, the only Oni you have has 20% HP growth and 25% strength growth, meaning she can be neither.

Puppeteer, outside of copycat puppet, isn't that great.

Golden-kite warriors have sucky caps.

The only new, new classes from Hoshido that are really good are Basara and Ninja.

Nohr has significantly more solid classes and characters, as well as keeping with the series aesthetic more. Plus, cavalier is my favorite class.

Edited by The DanMan

Berserker would like a word with you.

Except being more vulnerable to critical hits is auto-phail (in my book, at least).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Well, it can contribute a lot to Attack Stance supporting someone else, I presume.

Guard Stance could address its crit evade issue, somewhat… that's a free +5 crit evade, equal and opposite to the -5 Crit evade from Bersker. You also have Lutz's personal skill that can grant anyone in 2 squares of him +15 crit evade, as well as certain character's attack stance crit evade support bonuses.