Magic asset Kamui??

Cinnamon Bun

So how early do you have access to a Dragon stone?? If it's before the route split I think I feel inclined to go with -str. I'm sure the prologue is eaaasy considering it has to be on par with at least Hoshido's difficulty standards.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/inventory/swords/

I was under the impression that it was randomly received item, (the Leon's Cold Sword), like the Shiny tiles from Awakening, or a MyCastle points reward…. getting it in a 1st playthrough wouldn't be reliable.

Dragonstone is after Ch.5, before the split….

Note that the avatar also has a special sword that gets an interesting property….

in Ch. 27, it gains the ability to deal 75% damage vs. Dragonskin instead of the 50% that other weapons do…. it also has 16 might

Edited by astrophys

:o I didn't even know that he got a magical sword! If what you say is true (and if Kamui can equip it) it could easily replace a Levin sword.

Yeah, Serenes Forest says:

Leo’s Cold-sword B 14 85 0 -20 1 0 Magic weapon *3; after battle, stats are reduced *2

It's not locked to Leo; that's just the sword's name like other character themed weapons. Only thing is that it can't attack 2 spaces away, but if you're using Tomes or Spells, you should be fine in that department~

Even if it is received randomly, I just wanted to know if it was a good idea to use if you can get your hands on one~

Edited by Landmaster

Just like Gwimp says, +Mag Pally is legit. My suggestion is also +Mag spellcaster. You don't have to deal with the -20 evade from Levin sword and earlier 1-2 is good. You can dig into Basara for a while for Breaking Sky (and to gain a Str growth again) before transitioning into Dark Blood while keeping tome rank and regaining Yato access.

This was my initial thought! I'll have plenty of other units to help me out, and so long as I'm careful about it I should be okay until you get the dragon stones after chapter 5??

Yeah I figured both of those options could hurt pretty badly.. -Str or -Skl are starting to look appealing at this point. I suppose it also depends on which skills I want to invest in.

Hehe aww I don't think it looks so bad! I like it more than Robin and his silly bow motion. :P

You should, everytime i see someone at those first chapters, he's doubling everything so you should ORKO eveyone until chapter 5.

Get on that after chapter 5 and your dragonstone you won't be able to double and probably to ORKO enemy, at least in the beggining.

This may be even better, if you won't ORKO someone, you can kill this unit by one of yours, those units need more exp than Kamui imo.

Anyone here tried Mag asset Sorceror Kamui or have any thoughts on its viability? Personally, I really don't want to use anything other than tomes more than I have to.

Hehe I'd thought about doing that too, honestly I'm sure you could make any class work! Sorcerer Kamui probably looks so awesome too!

I totally get it, tomes have always been more appealing to me.

If I stick with dark blood I'll have to make sure my magical sword has a cute name and a nice design :P

Thougghhh sorcerer Kamui is tempting and they wouldn't be the same class as any of the siblings either.(In their base classes at least)

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Ohh lmao that doesn't sound /awful/. Certainly an improvement over the acrobatic sword fighting.

An improvement of acrobatic sword fighting? But but but....dancing and flying with fencing foils and daggers is too amazing and beautiful for words! Acrobatic swordfighting is something we need more of! And dancing! ...Just...ignore me... ;-;

An improvement of acrobatic sword fighting? But but but....dancing and flying with fencing foils and daggers is too amazing and beautiful for words! Acrobatic swordfighting is something we need more of! And dancing! ...Just...ignore me... ;-;

It's only okay if Inigo does it!! :0

Anyone here tried Mag asset Sorceror Kamui or have any thoughts on its viability? Personally, I really don't want to use anything other than tomes more than I have to.

It strikes me as "you might as well go Spellcaster". Sorc is pretty much Exorcist without staves. Though for full on magic Vengeance might be more practical than Breaking Sky

It's only okay if Inigo does it!! :0

Lol. Yeah, it's reserved for me and Hinoka. Because Hinoka is a helicopter. Anyway, is the avatar Male or Female? I saw a topic the other day suggesting a +Mag -Luck Bow Priestess that uses Shining Bow. Just one option if you want to tank a little bit more...

Lol. Yeah, it's reserved for me and Hinoka. Because Hinoka is a helicopter. Anyway, is the avatar Male or Female? I saw a topic the other day suggesting a +Mag -Luck Bow Priestess that uses Shining Bow. Just one option if you want to tank a little bit more...

Male Kamui for dat sweet lovin' with Zero ;D

Male Kamui for dat sweet lovin' with Zero ;D

Ah okay. Then Adventurer could work as well, though it will be more like an Adventurer lol. A glass cannon.

Ah okay. Then Adventurer could work as well, though it will be more like an Adventurer lol. A glass cannon.

That sounds like a cool idea. Though I think I'll stick with either Dark Blood or Sorcerer :o

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

just gonna say, i play a mage in every game that allows avatar customization and in all my playthroughs +mag -str kamui is the best mage in my game bar none. and she usually has enough def to make rooster god her perma spell for me. now that the witch class is out she is unstoppable

Are you trying to use Rooster God to dodge tank? (+15 avoid, +1 Spd/Lck, -4 Def/Res)? It only has 5 might, 75 hit, after all.

I might imagine that Horse God (4 might, 70 hit, SKL/SPD/DEF/RES +3) might also be a quite nice spell for Kamui… his tome tank is likely to be lower than his swords, so only needing D rank might be very nice for this….

It occurs to me that even if you aren't using +MAG as a driver of your offensive power, it could still be nice on a White Blood for powering staves (granted, its weak scaling, so you won't heal that much more HP, but 10.6 magic is still +3 HP healing. And it powers your Dragonstone too….

If you were willing to use a Levin Sword (3rd route) you could even get ranged & doubling magical attacking, Dragon-tanking, staves, and traditional swords all in one package with the White Blood (although your ranged magic would not crit or trigger skills)….

By 20/20 you're looking at 28.9 (say 28) Mag with +MAG/-LCK white Blood, and with +MAG/-something that doesn't decrease magic you'd end up with 30.8 magic (say 30)…. your cap would be 31/32 Mag…. a single spirit dust would push even the lesser magic +MAG/-LCK variant up to above 30 (on average) by 20/20, so that would be +10 to staff healing, 44 + Weapon rank bonus ATK on a Dragonstone and 55 + weapon rank bonus ATK on a Dragonstone+….

Of course, Dark Blood is faster and has better magic….

ADDENDUM: [long digression on a specific case]

What do people think is the best choice of a secondary for a +MAG Avatar marrying a Matoi variant (like Hinoka!Matoi, Oboro!Matoi, etc.). Obviously, this itself isn't the smartest idea, as Matoi tends not to be magically aligned in most cases, but what are one's thoughts for the best way to handle this admittedly poor idea if one insists on doing it anyways?

Cavalier, for example, would enable the magical Paladin strategy that others brought up in this thread and would let Matoi use her weaponfaires (inherent Swordfaire availability, Lancefaire access from Hinoka/Oboro). It shares sword ranks with Nohr Prince as well. Matoi can already get this from Sophie, but giving it in marriage would let her take a different A+ class.

Kanna: Nohr Princes, Cavalier, Pegasus Warrior

Dark Mage is a tome/sword option for Hoshido where Dark Blood doesn't exist and teaches Bind (which could help Dragonstone and Yato accuracy) and Devilish Wind (enemies in radius 2 take +2 magic damage, be it Levin Sword, tomes, or Dragonstones, etc.). Matoi always has Swordfaire access, so she could make use of this.

Kanna: Nohr Princes, Dark Mage, Pegasus Warrior

Spellcaster would grant the Avatar Tomefaire access with 4 levels (although they cannot use the Yato at all in its tree) and would pass this down to Kanna. Any Lancefaire Matoi would overlap on Basara, but Tomefaire (for a maxed out Matoi) could be applied to classes like Dark Flier. The Avatar gaining Basara access means they could also address accuracy issues with Flamboyant (+30 hit, a stronger effect than Bind's -20 enemy Avoid), although it also kills their own ability to dodge enemy attacks. Matoi gets this from Syalla in A+ rank, but it could let her take something else instead.

Kanna: Nohr Princes, Spellcaster, Pegasus Warrior

Priest would still give Tomefaire, but give Mountain Priest (Renewal, Magic Counter) and the low level Miracle/Rally Luck…. Matoi gets this from Mitama in A+ rank, but it can let her take something else instead.

Kanna: Nohr Princes, Priestess, Pegasus Warrior

Tangential question I just thought of in spoiler tags…

Actually, although it doesn't really relate to a magic asset at all, on a tangential thought that I just had [when I was thinking about the skillsets] , if the Avatar took Pegasus Warrior as his secondary class, would he be able to give Matoi an alternate class in buddy seal?

i.e.; Nohr Prince/Pegasus Warrior x Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/Mother's

Kamui would try to take Matoi's secondary, only for it to be wasted as he already has it, but Kamui can buddy with anyone of his own gender, so this doesn't hugely cut down on long term options [although it does do that for no-grind]. Would Matoi then follow a similar principle to cases of like Arthur + Flannel (Arthur tries taking secondary fighter, as he cannot take a transforming class, but they match so it switches over to an alternate). So would likewise Matoi skip over Nohr Prince, try to take Pegasus, and then switch over to Wyvern?

Not that I think that this is a particularly good idea… I probably wouldn't do it (at least, not at first)… but would it work the way I think it would?

i.e.;

Avatar: Nohr Prince/Pegasus Warrior [secondary]/wasted marriage seal

Matoi: Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/mother's class/Wyvern Rider [replacement for Avatar's secondary Pegasus]

Kanna: Nohr Prince/Pegasus Warrior [from father]/Samurai [from Matoi, as Kamui already gave Pegasus]

I suppose the Lancefaire Hinoka/Oboro Matoi could do something like Swordbreaker [Wyvern Lord Lv. 15] + Lancefaire [Holy Lancer, lvl 15] + Swordslayer Nagainata [she has this with her on recruitment] could be really good at slaughtering sword units… and it could be a way to give Kanna sword faire without locking her to marrying Hisame or needing the Avatar to run a Samurai secondary that Matoi wouldn't' benefit from….

Edited by astrophys