Genesis 3

Knife

I remember a few people saying they were going and it would be cool to Smash with some of you IRL. Who was going to Genesis? I just registered so I guess I'm confirmed. Its up in San Jose, CA and is on Jan 16th to 18th 2016.

Protip: If you do want to go, register online as soon as you can. It's $40 right now and will eventually go up to $100 if you wait last minute.

https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3/register

Oh good, you made a new thread for this. Was wondering if someone should do that; thanks.

[spoiler=that I know of]O0XH48E.png

(read as: you, PKL, me)

To my knowledge, Ice Sage is planning on going, and Jedi is trying to figure out if he'll be able to make it.

Wish I could travel to Cali, but I'm up here in Canada

I'm sorry you're in Canada

Oh good, you made a new thread for this. Was wondering if someone should do that; thanks.

[spoiler=that I know of]O0XH48E.png

(read as: you, PKL, me)

To my knowledge, Ice Sage is planning on going, and Jedi is trying to figure out if he'll be able to make it.

Cool.

What are you talking about? It would be awesome if you get Zero in your pool

Way I look at it is, if you're afraid of drowning in pools at a national because you get some OP pool, you're doing it wrong. Nationals are basically 3 day smashfests with good players imo.

Yeah man, reason most people actually go despite being bad at the game is for the social aspect. How cool is it to meet/reunite with someone from Japan, Canada (cringe), Hawaii, NY, Illinois, TX, Alaska, and Cali, etc. all while playing a game you like to play?

I met Ally at a regional we had in TX about a couple months ago. Dude was chill

Edited by Knife

I've uh

I've stood in the same room as SFAT

am I cool now???

EDIT: also if we all met in bracket it means that it's more likely that at least one of us makes it out of pools right guys?
right?

Edited by Euklyd

Hell yeah. I'm probably gonna have to wreck you but no hard feelings. Theoretically of course....

You can still have the chance to wreck me when we play friendlies!

also PKL you better challenge and beat NorCal's Tink sometime; he claims to be "#2 TL in California (US soon?)" :o

:^)

(he beat me in bracket the other day)

I've uh

I've stood in the same room as SFAT

am I cool now???

EDIT: also if we all met in bracket it means that it's more likely that at least one of us makes it out of pools right guys?

right?

i've been right next to Ken before. he's smaller than you would initially think.

genesis isn't a possibility for me because of distance.

• 2 months later...

Confirming that I'm still planning on going. It's possible I'll have an exam on Friday that I won't be able to skip and will result in me dropping out of pools, but even in that case I'll definitely go on the weekend to hang out with y'all.

Shameless double-post, but I believe it's justified.

Since G3 is coming up fast (less than two weeks!), do any of you other attendees want to add each others' Facebooks / phone numbers so we can try to meet up? If so, we should like, start a PM conversation with that stuff or something.

Shameless double-post, but I believe it's justified.

Since G3 is coming up fast (less than two weeks!), do any of you other attendees want to add each others' Facebooks / phone numbers so we can try to meet up? If so, we should like, start a PM conversation with that stuff or something.

I'm still not sure if i can make it, but i'm down for it