Are DLCs worth it anymore?

mozumes

I've been wondering if even after I've put many, many hours into awakening and buying the scramble pack, is it worth getting Future Past or another DLC like Infinite Regalia? The game has been out for a couple years now, so is there a point to by it when there won't be any more maps added?

Edited by shujinkou

All of the DLC together roughly tripled the game's replay value for me. I don't really see what no further DLC being produced would have to do with the value of the rest of the maps, they're just the same as they were when they were launched.

• 3 weeks later...

To me at least, I wanted some more FE to play while I wait for Fates to arrive in America. (HypeHypeHype!) So I bought the Future Past Pack, and the Rogues and Redeemers pack (Which includes the Dread Knight Class, Which is a great class imo). Gotta say both added a lot of replay value to my game, so to me It was worth it.

I like the DLCs for a couple of reasons that may not apply to everyone, but likely apply to at least a few people.

1) Some of them make the game easier and/or remove specific issues that some people may not wish to deal with in-game. For example, if you are running short on funds or want to grind those characters who die in one hit, there are DLCs to help with that. On one hand, some may consider those problems part of the gaming experience, but if you just want to focus on the story or building a really good team for Streetpass, they remove some of the time and effort spent on stuff that you might not necessarily care to bother with.

2) Some of the skills and classes make otherwise weak characters who you think are cool but never can use viable on more difficult maps. Thanks to Limit Breaker I can use Dancer Olivia near the enemy without a staffbot dedicated to rescuing her weak little self, and she actually hits things hard enough to activate Galeforce most of the time if I need her to.

3) They actually make the late-game characters somewhat worth using. Not that those characters will be any better than the ones you've used the whole game - because they're not - but if you want to use, say, Aversa, you have a place to use her besides one end-of-the-game battle and a handful of paralogues.

The points about additional story are also true, but those are some of the reasons I actually bought the DLCs I did.

Edited by NobodyInWonderland