About the Smash fanbase...

I love fire emblem

"realizable" or w/e basically just excludes every popular character that didn't get in that's above the character that was added

if they were both more popular and realizable there's no reason not to put them in, but we can't pretend to know what sorts of criteria nintendo/sakurai were using for that

that asterisk kinda invalidates that statistic entirely for me; it's stating the obvious

Edited by Euklyd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real question is why do people care what other people think about your favorite TV show/music/video game/sport/hobby/etc.? I enjoy stuff that less than 5% of the world likes and I don't give a damn about what other people think about what I do. A lot of this logic could be applied towards being butthurt that X fanbase/person do not like this character.

As long as what you like to do is within the realm of legality of course.

Real question is why do people care what other people think about your favorite TV show/music/video game/sport/hobby/etc.? I enjoy stuff that less than 5% of the world likes and I don't give a damn about what other people think about what I do. A lot of this logic could be applied towards being butthurt that X fanbase/person do not like this character.

As long as what you like to do is within the realm of legality of course.

I think its more people getting annoyed with the mentality of "I AM ANGRY THIS IS A THING, AND YOU SHOULD BE ANGRY TOO BECAUSE IM ANGRY ABOUT IT. HEY! HEEEEYYYY! YOU NEED TO BE ANGRY ABOUT THIS THING AHHHH" kind of thing.

Anyone complaining/being salty about Bayo need to get the hell over themselves. She won the ballot. She was the one with the most votes. Thus spake the people, thus we got Bayonetta. So what the hell. Just...cool your goddamn jets, salt miners! (this is directed in general, not at anyone here in particular.) Im excited about Kamui just because it threw me for such a loop and to spite the other salt miners. I have to respect an addition to a roster that made my helm slip off my head and go "AHHH ZUHH?"

Well she won with the big asterisk of "among realizable characters". That means excluding anyone that the devs couldn't get the rights to or couldn't come up with a design for. Which could be pretty much anyone, including a decent chunk of characters like Banjo, K Rool, Isaac, Inkling, and other common picks. Frankly, they could exclude pretty much anyone from this results on a whim and say they were not realizable. I just have a hard time seeing Bayonetta as ranking #1 anywhere, since I saw virtually no buzz for her.

That all said, I am THRILLED that she is in this game. I never even considered voting for her because I didn't think she had any shot. But seeing her in motion is amazing. She looks like she was pulled straight out of her games, with loads of recognizable moves and strategies. They even managed to maintain her exaggerated sexuality without breaking the E10+ limit. Brilliant character choice. As for Corrin, I understand the community's FE fatigue, but he looks like he has an incredibly unique playstyle. We don't have any other transforming character like him. I'm not particularly invested in the character, since I haven't played Fates yet, but I'm always up for a unique playstyle.

There will always be a bunch of bad apples in EVERY fandom, but the important thing is try to focus on the positive and good sides of every fandom because brooding over people who are constantly butt hurt is just not fun at all.

People forget how much love and effort Sakurai puts into these games and it makes me sad to see the handful of people who are going to throw bitch fits, but you know what? Leave them be. There's nothing to be accomplished from paying attention to them.

trus me, the bad apples are the most vocal and more people pay attention to them rather than the rational ones

Think about media coverage of Trump vs Bernie Sanders

everyone is talking about how batshit crazy Trump is and nobody is talking about Sanders (sorry for throwing in real world politics)

the annoying ones always seem to make up what the mass majority of a fan base. (people are way too salty about this)

and people need to learn not to over hype themselvs

Edited by Captain Karnage