An idea for a trilogy I had

blah the Prussian

I really like your story, especially because you've chosen an interesting and unconventional ending compared to most other media. How would you imagine the overall look of your setting? How do the ships and the military look, and what weapons do they use(do the soldiers of the empire soldiers wear Pickelhauben, because it is the best helmet in history)? Since you seem so interested in the 19th/20th century, I imagined your characters wearing unifroms and cothing from that era, just with a sci-fi look.

For the Empire, there would be a more Tsarist Russia-y look. That is unfortunate, because the Pickelhaube was, in fact, the best helmet in history, but meh. I haven't given much thought as to what the ships would look like, given that this is all theoretical. And yeah, I wanted the story to basically be about the friendship between the two leads breaking down as the interests of their countries clash with each other. Unfortunately, like I said, the final scene I basically pulled out of my ass, and I don't really know what a powerful ending would be.

For the Empire, there would be a more Tsarist Russia-y look. That is unfortunate, because the Pickelhaube was, in fact, the best helmet in history, but meh. I haven't given much thought as to what the ships would look like, given that this is all theoretical. And yeah, I wanted the story to basically be about the friendship between the two leads breaking down as the interests of their countries clash with each other. Unfortunately, like I said, the final scene I basically pulled out of my ass, and I don't really know what a powerful ending would be.

The idea is good, i guess it depends more on the way you execute it than on its originality. An interesting approach would be to desrcibe Sophia's reaction to the events as they happen vs. the reaction she has when she remembers them. You could have Sophia break down after the battle, when she is alone (Because she is leader first, she wants no one to see her vulnerable side). And then when she teaches her daughter, you could have her remember her good and bad times with Arthur, and write that she still feels pain for what happened, but also understands why it had to be that way.