Favorite Fire Emblem moment?

Thane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, I think RD's best line is this: "Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!"

I could not stop laughing for the next ten minutes, I think. LOL

And personally, I found that Micaiah quote about Ike and Sothe to be really dumb and gross... Seriously, I was literally like "dafuq am I reading, ew"

That phrase gives off horrid mental images, indeed.

Uh, I just remembered a badass moment, it's very spoilerish for Fates: Revelations, for its endgame, so READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Endgame spoilers!

I warned you!

Gunther's reveal as Hydra's puppet. There was nothing hyper than watching it before the route was even out in Japan! The Jeigan, the dude who looks like a mix between FE6 Marcus and Jeigan... IS NONE OTHER THAN THE MAIN VILLAIN! (not really but it gave off the impression!) I guess it's not shocking if you are not a long time player or if you understand Japanese, but it was hype as heck. It made me weirdly happy, it felt awesome. Oh yeah, and when Hydra's true form came out, that also was incredibly awesome, to see him come out of a Ziggurat and go out in outer space... it was so cool.

I guess the best part was watching all of this with other people, but it will always have a special place in my heart.

I could list so many moments from the Tellius series, but I wanna shift my focus to other FE titles for once in my life...

[spoiler=FE3/13 Spoilers]

When you finally confront Hardin for the final battle with him. At this point, you know full well that he is not an evil man, but someone who was just possessed. And while that alone isn't too interesting, it's more so what led him to his possession that got me. He was turned into a villain against his will because his feelings were manipulated. I mean, the dude thought the love of his life genuinely loved him back... but soon realized he was just used politically. And then his resulting depression was taken advantage of in order to further an evil plot that he was absolutely against. When I faced him, I didn't want to kill him. I just... I felt bad for him. He was turned into a villain for having very human emotions. He was a well done villain.

Also the music was perfectly awesome and perfectly fitting.

I think the conversation was called "The Three Brothers" in RD.

I learned a bit about my favorite character's history and got to read a touching moment between brothers.

He clearly knows Grust is in the wrong, yet he decides loyalty is more important than fighting for what he believes in and/or surviving. It particularly bothers me that he is willing to help by giving Marth a Thoron tome and getting Nyna the heck out of Pales when Dohlr comes to kill her, yet he still decides to fight against what he thinks is right when you fight him in SD.

That's because he cannot abandon his fellow soldiers to die. It's the same logic that Mustafa's soldiers follow. Which is why I think his soldiers were better characters than him and why I don't like Mustafa because the game implies that the only reason anyone could ever not side with Chrom is because they're being blackmailed. That's not how to create a sympathetic character. Paulus from FE5 had a better arc and Leif's army never even knew about this guy.

There's also the little detail about Yumina and Yubello. We're told that Grust's King was weak minded so it makes a lot of sense if he sided with Dolhr because of his children being threatened. I definitely think the remakes imply this was the case in the first war. Lorenz sacrificing himself to protect them would seem to imply that he didn't know about this situation during the war, but Camus' desire to protect the two implies that he did.

Anyway, my favourite moment would be [spoiler=FE4 Spoilers]Seliph meeting the ghosts of his parents. Here we have Seliph celebrating his act of avenging his father, but the man himself shows up to tell him that if vengeance is all that he wanted, then he is wrong. Also that fucking music. So beautiful.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

My favorite moment is the Epilogue part 3 from FE10. Epic music, so much feelings, the story were at his climax, one of the rares chapters with dialogues who make all more epic.

I would say the best moments in fire emblem is where the storyline combines a very palpable sense of imminent doom (that is, adequate foreshadowing) with the moment of doom itself (SPOILERS AHEAD: Elbert's/Ninian's/Uther's death, Lyon's not being able to be redeemed, the whole 1st gen in FE4 being wiped out)END OF SPOILERS holding a sense of incredulousness.

--at least, it was that way for me as a kid, I didn't expect *actual sad things* to happen that couldn't be righted again. I mean, that's essentially what Fire Emblem is for me and why I love it. I won't include ((((dear Hector's death in FE6 ))))because I don't think, pacing-wise and the fact that you haven't gotten to know him by that point in the game, that it is as tragic as the ones I've listed above.

Tl;dr: Eliwood's sad face sprite still haunts me in my sleep

With the courage of steel itself, Shida flied into the waves of enemies, does not give a fuck, deliver a major verbal bitch slap to a person she saw, and make her join the army

This happened 90.000 times in her games, and its awesome every single time

Also the finale of Shida is awesome saga involves MAD LOGIC being used to recruit the legendary TNT MAN

i could put all of FE9 but i'll just name a few scenes.

when ike openly insults sanaki for disrespecting elincia.

the aftermath of greils death and the character interactions at that point.

the duel at nados castle.

the entirty of the endgame.

ike's character arc in FE9

the entirty of chapter 5 from FE4.

Finns character arc in the jugdraul saga.

Finn and Raquesis's relationship in the jugdraul saga.

the endgame chapters of FE10 in which you kill gof

the part 3 endgame of FE10

the scene from FE7 hector mode where lyn and hector talk on the boat

hectors character arc in FE7

zephiels character arc throughout FE6+7

franz and amelia's supports in FE8.

lyons arc and interactions with ephraiam and eirika.

the endings to shadow dragon and new mystery of the emblem.

marth and shiidas supports in FE12

• 2 weeks later...

When I killed Ishtar on my first try with a crit. It was really anticlimactic, and I laughed a lot.

My second is when you you go to the Western Isles in FE 6 with no real reason(My translation patch when I first played it didn't give me any context), I was ready to get really mad and annoyed thinking that, "this is stupid, this is just to make more levels and drag out the game, this probably has no bearing on the story." Then after I finished getting annoyed and started the next chapter Roy basically said that it was stupid and he didn't see a reason for coming here. I was dumbfounded, I didn't think they were going to address it. I thought all the characters were just going to carry on and drag out the game for the sake of added more content that has no substance, and then Roy calls them out on it. 10/10. Then they actually explain why they are there and it makes sense(somewhat).