DLC Preorder Questions....

Mekalygie

I've been interested in that Map Pack that they're putting up for preorder since I've been planning to buy the entire DLC for the game a long time ago. However I have a couple of questions if someone would be kind enough to answer them:

First, how exactly does it work? I know I might sound kinda dumb here but I've never preordered DLC before. They say something about a code but I just wanna make sure that I understand correctly before making any purchase.

Second, You might notice that I'm form Canada. Right now the Map Pack isn't available here, only in the US. Is it worth buying in the states or do you think they will eventually offer them here? Like, should I wait?

Third and last, Is it worth it? I remember Awakening offering map bundles that were actually cheaper than the separate maps. I'm betting that they'll do the same thing here. So what's the point of preordering it at a low price early if we can't even play it until it's out, and when it's out there might even be packs that do the exact same thing that you can buy then. That's the most important point for me right now, so i would appreciate if someone could explain.

First, how exactly does it work? I know I might sound kinda dumb here but I've never preordered DLC before. They say something about a code but I just wanna make sure that I understand correctly before making any purchase.

Third and last, Is it worth it? I remember Awakening offering map bundles that were actually cheaper than the separate maps. I'm betting that they'll do the same thing here. So what's the point of preordering it at a low price early if we can't even play it until it's out, and when it's out there might even be packs that do the exact same thing that you can buy then. That's the most important point for me right now, so i would appreciate if someone could explain.

If you preorder it before it comes out from some place like amazon or gamestop then they will email you a code on Feb. 19 that you can then redeem on the Nintendo eshop (link on how to do so here). You will be able to do the same thing in the in-game store once it comes out so you don't have to worry about codes.

The only benefit you get from ether preording or buying the bundle before all the maps come out is that you can download them the day they come out. If you decide to wait till all the maps are available then you can download all the maps at once instead of going to store each week to download the new one. The price for the bundle will be the same no matter if you preorder it or not.

I would recommend waiting till the game comes out before you buy anything and then deciding whether or not you want the maps as soon as they come out.