Lyn cannot equip the Mani Katti (After modding it)

Pandru

I was playing Fire Emblem 7, and I decided to make the Mani Katti indestructible (because c'mon, it's a legendary sword, why can it break?) so I used the Nightmare editor to make it indestructible. I didn't change any other values whatsoever. But when I went back to my game, the Mani Katti was shown as unbreakable (with the durability as --/--) however, Lyn can not equip the sword now. I don't know why this is, and if somebody knows what I did/how I can fix it, that would be appreciated.

katti1.tiff

katti2.tiff

Edit: I changed the weapon prof of the blade to E, but this didn't help. Will change back.

Edited by Pandru

It's class bound. Can't open the pics from my phone but did you edit lyns class?

No, I used the item editor and nothing else. I selected the fire emblem 7 item editor, selected the Mani Katti, scrolled down to weapon abilities, clicked an unused slot, and added "Unbreakable." then I applied and saved and then the problem happened.

Edited by Pandru

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% sure, I'm not even 10% sure on what to do.

I can say that Klok's FE7 Chaos Mode has a Mani Katti that's limitless. If you want, download his patch, apply it to a fresh ROM which you should totally have through legal and legitimate means, and open it up in Nightmare for comparison.

Edited by Elieson

For what it's worth, I'm not 100% sure, I'm not even 10% sure on what to do.

I can say that Klok's FE7 Chaos Mode has a Mani Katti that's limitless. If you want, download his patch, apply it to a fresh ROM which you should totally have through legal and legitimate means, and open it up in Nightmare for comparison.

Aha! All I needed to do was set the weapon durability to 0, and not mess around with abilities. I just needed to see the Chaos Mode Manni Katti to figure that out. Thank you for your help!

(Marked myself as "best answer" because I explained what I did to fix it. Just incase anyone has the same kind of issue.)

Edited by Pandru