Birdz's Spritestuff

birdzgoboom

I would be a liar if I said I haven't made sprites for a while now outside of SF, haha. ;v;" Thank you!

You'd think Roy is my favourite with how often I end up making stuff of him, but.. I'm actually pretty partial to Eldigan and Soren before Roy ;--;

best ship.

I really like his Awakening design too, and his artist is one of my favourites so that's just double great. Smash Bros Roy got super tough though so I like them both :'D he must've hung out with Ike for a while before Sm4sh.

--

read the manga in gekka ginyu again and this comedy doujin and got inspired to get off my butt and fix Eldigan/Sigurd as well as actually make Quan:

E9L1A2q.pngnIDFFhj.pngUKJYWpg.png

Sigurd looks closer to his FE4 sprite pose now... and Quan went through a wardrobe change, kind of. Hopefully they look OK.

And a snippit/portion of the Gaiden thing I am working on, originally I wanted to get it done for Scribbles but it was just too big to get it done on time:

[spoiler=big]

Utp7UOU.png

doma has an ugly mug but I still love him

I'm going to try to figure out the last of the roydragon animation stuff soon... hhghhhgh. _(:'3 」∠)_

omg if you did a Soren full-body, i would die. Oooomg. Hes my second favorite character in the series.

WHOA THAT GAIDEN THING. That is too cool for color tv, dude.

New mouth looks good! The first seemed a little low, like the distance between the nose and upper lip was too much, but I think you fixed it? The intensity of expression seems fine in either version.

Doma's beautiful and so is Roy's anim, much love~ <3 Digging the mugs too~ They don't seem particularly Fire Emblemy in terms of shading, but I like the style.

• 3 weeks later...

omg if you did a Soren full-body, i would die. Oooomg. Hes my second favorite character in the series.

WHOA THAT GAIDEN THING. That is too cool for color tv, dude.

don'tgivemeideasihavenotime;-; fff. now i want to sprite soren.

New mouth looks good! The first seemed a little low, like the distance between the nose and upper lip was too much, but I think you fixed it? The intensity of expression seems fine in either version.

Doma's beautiful and so is Roy's anim, much love~ <3 Digging the mugs too~ They don't seem particularly Fire Emblemy in terms of shading, but I like the style.

Awesome, I'm glad Alm's expression is better. I hope I don't have to poke him ever again *shoves him off to the side*

I've more or less made sprites in a completely different style for a few years now and trying to switch gears entirely to FEGBA style (and back again) is difficult, so I'm trying to combine the two. Usually I sprite stuff like this:

UaXLIGA.pngmet8xYo.pngQninltT.png

.... so I'm trying to kind of marry the two styles together a little bit. :'D That kinda led to the stylized manakete design for Roy, too.

I don't have a lot of updates sprite-wise because of portfolio review for me being in like one week, but I have been working on some stuff here:

czhPBk4.png

takumi/elise/alm/marth/ike/soren

volke/gerome/owain/minerva

I only started on Takumi though, the others are still just idea thumbnails. :(