Chapter 8 Nohr

TheGreatNothing

Kiting enemies around is your best bet. Make sure you know every enemy range - use Niles to draw out mages since he has high RES, and use Effie or Corrin for physical enemies. Be liberal with pairing up. Avoid using Odin, since he can't really do much without babying him, and Arthur is pretty useless here except for pairup fodder. Don't worry about getting all the villages, so take your time getting across the map. If your units are properly levelled, you should be fine. If youre playing on Casual and having a bunch of trouble, maybe use some of your worse units as bait. The moral of the story is not to rush through it.

Edited by nordopolica

Did you seriously make three threads for this?

Anyway, Chapter 8 isn't difficult, it's just super LOONGGGG.....

Don't bother going to any of the villages except for the first one. Let the enemy get reinforcements, that way you can get more exp by killing them.

Echoing what nordopolica said, go super slow on this one. You should only focus on picking off one or two units each turn.

If they start rushing you, retreat to the bottom right corner of the map, then overwhelm them with numbers. Just go slow and steady, there is literally no incentive to rush.

Same with Flora. She doesn't drop the freeze staff, so spend a few turns to let her use it up before engaging her.

Don't bother going to any of the villages except for the first one. Let the enemy get reinforcements, that way you can get more exp by killing them.

Bad advice.

I'd argue money > the extra experience on Conquest.

Go to exactly three of them. The one on the start and the one on the far left are really easy to reach without being destroyed.

Edited by Nobody

Bad advice.

I'd argue money > the extra experience on Conquest.

Go to exactly three of them. The one on the start and the one on the far left are really easy to reach without being destroyed.

It'd be ideal to go to the villages, but if he's having trouble with it it shouldn't be unreasonable to ignore them.

I just beat it, i would recommend you to only visit 3 villages, idk if you get more money by visiting all 5 but i visited 3 and got 10k.Which was good and if you let the other 2 villages get hit by an enemy more enemies appear which is good for extra experience

My advice divide your armies and have one go to the left and one up, put one healer in each i put elise on the left one and felicia in the up one. I made niles,odin,corrin and elise go left and put both corrin and odin withing the range of flora so that she wasted her freeze and put them side by side in case they get attacked. My other army was felicia,effie,arthur and silas and i made them go up and kill everyone

I didnt kill flora though since i didnt know if she would die and since she didnt move i just let her be

Just did this on Hard.

Really you want good positioning as well as a somewhat strong Silas. There are two tricks with this chapter:

- Freeze Staff is your best friend.

- Move as quickly as possible.

You only need 3 villages, so this is what I recommend. Turn 1 you can opt to splinter your army a bit if you want. Arthur with a Hand Axe with Elise near him should give Arthur some experience if he wants against the Dark Mages. The rest of the troops should storm forward (to the left) while a unit (probably your Avatar) should visit the first village.

The next turn requires some finicky positioning but bear with me. Place Niles up 1 left 2. This should put NIles at max range of the Dark Mage in the very top and very bottom. Even on Hard Niles should ORKO the Dark Mages without a problem. So basically - don't give me the "Niles isn't ORKOing them". Again get ready to position your units because Turn 3 will involve a LOT of killing. Kite with Arthur and Elise against the other Dark Mages. It helps draw some of the Fighters too.

Turn 3 you want to position Silas so that he can reach the next village in the bottom left -hand corner the next turn. Now to counteract the Freeze Staff from the other Maiden you will need to move a unit with a Resistance stat lower than Silas. My recommendation is Effie as, IIRC, she has the lowest Resistance aside from maybe Arthur. Now coincidentally Silas will be exactly 7 spaces away for Turn 5 to reach the other village - thus netting you the 10,000 Gold. If you need to you probably can afford one extra turn to set up IIRC.

Also do not forget about Freeze Staff. You can optionally use this since it will easily outreach the Lancers and force them to not move for a turn.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Colonel M

I second Tooru's suggestion. Freeze is helpful but is worth conserving since it saves your butt towards the end of the game (maybe even Ch. 10).

A possible strat I'd consider is to use either Silas or Elise to carry Felicia or Niles, since what you want is movement to get to the left, and resistance to survive the mages. (The fighters on top are not really a problem unless you get into their range, and if you have trouble one can use the Avatar to activate the dragon vein) Niles is especially helpful since pairing him up to another unit gives that unit +1 Movement. Once the mages have been dealt with pair one could have one of them go towards the northwest house, while the other goes within the Ice Maid's attack range. If using both paired-up sets is unrealistic, instead go for Silas/Niles to first go stand within the Ice Maid's attack range, then on the next turn head to the northwest house, since any maids/butlers would not use status-debuffing staves if an ally unit gets into their attack range.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Yeah you're gonna regret using your freeze staff on a random lancer in this chapter when Oboro and her big bags of NOPE are coming for you in ch. 10.

For the most part Oboro is trivialized by Camilla. She only needs a Speed Tonic and a Pair Up (mostly to avoid being ganged up on, but even in Hard she takes this stuff easily). Not sure with Lunatic.

The Freeze Staff is optional, but both strats posted by Tooru and myself do not use the Freeze Staff.

For the most part Oboro is trivialized by Camilla. She only needs a Speed Tonic and a Pair Up (mostly to avoid being ganged up on, but even in Hard she takes this stuff easily). Not sure with Lunatic.

The Freeze Staff is optional, but both strats posted by Tooru and myself do not use the Freeze Staff.

Woah even Colonel M is in on the fun. Aaaaanyway, Cam doesn't need a speed tonic, she just needs Luna pair up for the ORKO.

It seems I complete this map in a really weird way, because I send my units north (toward the first village that is taken by the enemy) first. With pair up shenanigans, all of your units will be able to hit someone in turn 2, and they can ORKO enemies with the Attack Stance. Silas and Kamui (equipped with the Dragonstone) can tank the two mages (which are the only threats right now) and the axefighters, and by turn 3 you can clear the northeastern part of enemies, including the lancer unit that visits villages (make sure you can kill him on turn 3 or turn 4).

Meanwhile, Niles and Odin take care of the southern mages, and if you play smart you can take all the three mages and reach the southwestern village on 3 turns (right before the lancer visits the village right above it, or just a turn later - in any case, it doesn't matter, because only a mage can reach you, and Niles has a really high res), then retreat to the east and meet up with your other units. One way to deal with Freeze is by pairing up, then separating. Either Niles or Odin are going to be frozen, so all you have to do is pair up with the one who wasn't, then switch to Niles because Odin sucks at this map.

The rest of the map you can tank with your pink giant wall of an unit, using her for baiting units and then finishing them all off on the player phase.

tl;dr, pair up shenanigans are your best friends. Use them to carry slow units like Effie around, or when you have an adjacent unit and want to get somewhere fast and there aren't enemies around. By continuously separating and pairing up, you can cover distances really quickly, even if you're pairing up Arthur with Effie. Also, for future reference, when one of your Cavaliers get the level 10 skill, you can use it to grab an unpaired Aqua and use her singing a second time.

Yeah you're gonna regret using your freeze staff on a random lancer in this chapter when Oboro and her big bags of NOPE are coming for you in ch. 10.

Nothing that a Dragonstone Kamui, Camilla, Effie and Silas can't tank, especially if you're supporting them with the Butler/Maid's passive skill or/and Elise's, not to mention Camilla's great passive skill that grants +3 atk and +1 def/res to adjacent units.

Edited by Rapier