Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

I already heard (read) someone say that they bought the SE but didn't care about the artbook. Maybe you can find someone who wants to sell you theirs

...It honestly didn't even cross my mind that someone wouldn't want to keep theirs. I've already seen the contents of the book, but if I ever feel like I must own it, asking around for someone's unwanted copy isn't a bad idea.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, that's one of the reasons why I wanted the SE in the first place, besides the other reason was getting both the games on a same thing.

They might release the artbook in the future, like they did with Awakening which is out later this year (possibly in English), not too sure if it's in English tbh.

They might release the artbook in the future, like they did with Awakening which is out later this year (possibly in English), not too sure if it's in English tbh.

It's in English but since it's an art book there is hardly any text. Makes me wonder why it took them 3 years to officially release it here in the west <.<

I already heard (read) someone say that they bought the SE but didn't care about the artbook. Maybe you can find someone who wants to sell you theirs

I've said so, I don't care about the goodies.

But honestly , this book is not an art book, it is an "ingame cutscenes book", nothing more.

It looks like the English localisation for UK/EU is exactly the same as NA.....I don't know what to feel, why make us wait 3 extra months...?

The game needed to be translated in all the others PAL languages.

So, with almost two weeks left, the Europeans can finally jump on the Fates bandwagon. Has anybody been deterred from the game after all the negativity it has received in these forums?

My interest has actually increased because the supposed "negativity" highlights the features of the game, gave me more insight and made me anticipate it more. Despite all the criticism the story has been given, I still feel fresh of mind and can go in without prejudices. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be dissapointed but at least now I can make my own judgement.

The game needed to be translated in all the others PAL languages.

yeah, so they can add 3 languages I don't speak and 1 language I do know but would never use and none of those are my native languages. So that doesn't convince people.

So, with almost two weeks left, the Europeans can finally jump on the Fates bandwagon. Has anybody been deterred from the game after all the negativity it has received in these forums?

My interest has actually increased because the supposed "negativity" highlights the features of the game, gave me more insight and made me anticipate it more. Despite all the criticism the story has been given, I still feel fresh of mind and can go in without prejudices. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be dissapointed but at least now I can make my own judgement.

I just ignored everything to avoid spoilers ^^

I'm kind of in a bit of a bind with that because I hate what they're doing with the series but I want Birthright for the story and Kaden, and I want Conquest for its gameplay, and I want Revelations for its story and gameplay, but I don't want to use what little money I have to support them in this.

So I'm kind of screwed.

I guess I can prioritize other games if I can find them somewhere.

I've spoiled myself on pretty much all of Conquest, the one that most agree has the worst story, and lets just say it's the gameplay i'm looking forward to and not the story.

Birthright's story sounds alright from what i've heard, and i like it's characters more as well.

yeah, so they can add 3 languages I don't speak and 1 language I do know but would never use and none of those are my native languages. So that doesn't convince people.

Not everyone in Europe have english at their first language, and since UK has PAL they wouldn't make an exclusive version only for launching the games in UK two months earlier than the rest of the Europe.

The negativity doesn't has touched me at all, but I'm actually really curios to know the reasons behind all the hate the Conquest's story has.

Were people able to snag the Special Edition? I was really lucky and just happened upon it randomly but as far as I can tell, there is a severe shortage of them.

We're so close but still so far!

Were people able to snag the Special Edition? I was really lucky and just happened upon it randomly but as far as I can tell, there is a severe shortage of them.

I did thankfully. GAME seemed to had them on for well over 16 hours online.

Not only that, I managed to snag the Special Edition 3DS!

Not really. I mean, I'm still looking forward to Conquest's story, and I've been told several times that it's bad. But the few positive comments I've read about the story make it sound like I'd enjoy it, so who knows. What I do know is that like with all FEs I've played so far, I'll most likely end up caring more about the characters and the gameplay than the story.

tbh the negativity surrounding Fates has been a bit exhausting and the localization drama didn't help at all. It's weird, playing Fire Emblem is relaxing and puts my mind at ease, but sometimes the fandom has the opposite effect on me. Perhaps I'm just not as passionate about the series as others are? I think I'll take a long break from all FE related places after I get my copy of the game. I can't wait to play Fates on summer evenings and just relax.

I didn't manage to get the SE, which is a bummer, but considering how slowly I play these games, getting all three routes at once could be pretty overwhelming.

Hype but if I play fire emblem I'll fail my units so rip :(

It's pretty bad when you have to get your friend and boyfriend to confiscate your stuff until after exams :///

Not everyone in Europe have english at their first language, and since UK has PAL they wouldn't make an exclusive version only for launching the games in UK two months earlier than the rest of the Europe.

I know that ;P. but now the part of Europe that does want to play the game in English has to wait an additional 3 months so that nintendo can add other languages. Languages which the people who play their game in English will never ever touch and don't even speak. And I think you can imagine that we don't like that.

and besides an English only version would supply most of Europe, all except Spain, Germany (Swiss and Austria), France and Italy.

Not really. I mean, I'm still looking forward to Conquest's story, and I've been told several times that it's bad. But the few positive comments I've read about the story make it sound like I'd enjoy it, so who knows. What I do know is that like with all FEs I've played so far, I'll most likely end up caring more about the characters and the gameplay than the story.

tbh the negativity surrounding Fates has been a bit exhausting and the localization drama didn't help at all. It's weird, playing Fire Emblem is relaxing and puts my mind at ease, but sometimes the fandom has the opposite effect on me. Perhaps I'm just not as passionate about the series as others are? I think I'll take a long break from all FE related places after I get my copy of the game. I can't wait to play Fates on summer evenings and just relax.

I didn't manage to get the SE, which is a bummer, but considering how slowly I play these games, getting all three routes at once could be pretty overwhelming.

I believe I have the same feeling as you. FE is fun and all but sometimes the fandom is too passionate and demanding (well, fans in almost everything are). Most of the critics stem from the game not living up to fans' (sometimes outrageous) standard. I tend to just enjoy something for what it is rather than bashing for what it isn't.

I know that ;P. but now the part of Europe that does want to play the game in English has to wait an additional 3 months so that nintendo can add other languages. Languages which the people who play their game in English will never ever touch and don't even speak. And I think you can imagine that we don't like that.

and besides an English only version would supply most of Europe, all except Spain, Germany (Swiss and Austria), France and Italy.

Yes I can imagine that, but they still do changes from the American English to the British English so it's not only a matter of adding languages.

Also, I don't want to see half Europe getting the game before the other half :P

That's actually something I've been thinking about a lot now that its release has come so very close. From watching a few chapters worth of gameplay to seeing discussion/comments left on them about characters and stats, I'm even more anxious experiencing it myself to see what the criticism (and sometimes preferences) is all about. But other than that slight curiosity, I'm still super excited for it, even more so than when it was first announced. I also know I'll still get enjoyment out of it, and definitely replay value. I'm actually more interested in Conquest's story with all the comments up in the air about it, and I'm getting so fond of the characters the more I keep coming back to checking things out, even if it's negative. I think I'm way too excited to finally get to play it myself that nothing else is getting through to me!

Edited by yuriyume

I'm not really too worried about the story. To be honest I'm just looking forward to some fresh FE. I think it'll be here before you know it now that it's less than two weeks away.

I'm actually out of FE stuff to do now, I just finished doing a HHM run of FE7.

Zelgius, you addin brah? (no need if you don't want to, just curious)

I kinda don't remember, but did the PAL version of Awakening have significant differences in their support dialogues compared to the U.S.? Either way will make me feel torn concerning Fates, as I really like some changes to the JP version (e.g. Rinkah/Jakob) and hate some (e.g. Saizo/Beruka)

I've been on the internet and reading people complain about video games for the past ~16 years, so I can't really say that the complaining this time around has affected me in any way. After all, it never has before, so why let it start now? :P

To be honest, I'm not that big on FE stories anyway; it's more about the characters and gameplay that I'm interested in.