Is the RNG different?

I thought it was just me, but the number of other people who've also been mentioning high% misses and low% hits (on both sides) seems way WAY higher than near the release of other games. It could just be that more people are playing, but Awakening's launch was pretty big too, and there weren't nearly as many RNG-weirdness happenings that were reported then. I got the impression the game decided to use 1RN for hits and 2RN for crits, but I dunno. Anyone have thoughts on what and/or why the RNG might be different?

EDIT: oh someone else made a thread about the RNG today too lol

Edited by 47948201

If every attack has 90% hit rate and you attack 10 times, you only have a chance of 34.9% to have all of them hit.

Actually, that would be true on the 1RNG system. On the 2RNG system, it's a 82.5% chance, since 90% display hit is actually 98.1%

On the topic, I don't really see any evidence that this game only uses 1 RNG. I didn't notice any difference in hit rates compared to the other localized FE games

Edited by Nobody

I've extensively played FEs 6-13 (excluding 12) ever since 7 came out in the west, but in all those years I have never had as many things go against the odds in all those games combined as I already have in this game. Granted, I haven't actually experienced the 1RN system from games 1-5, but I would be dumbfounded if I found out that my terrible luck in this game can't be attributed to some form of change in the RNG.