Fates Advice Thread

Alex95

As long as it isn't as unbalanced as Awakening's Lunatic, I think I have a chance. Not even gonna attempt it until at least finishing Conquest, though. I'm playing that on Normal and still getting quite the challenge on it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real talk though, that fifth map is very hard for coming so early, and I can imagine it scares off quite a few number of new players.

Hell, it's far harder than Conquest chapter seven which is essentially "guard choke points and win".

At least it's not as scary as 13L+2! /shot

Chapter 5 gave me quite a few resets and unlike most of my resets I wasn't dicking around, for what it's worth. It's definitely a major difficulty increase from 0-4.

Might as well use this topic to report your progress as you go. Good place to get some help if you need it.

Yeah might as well. Should I make it for everyone to use?

Edited by Power Master

I certainly don't mind giving birthright advice, at least

Though I've only played it on Lunatic (and technically, once on normal phoenix after to test how logbook works) strats that worked for Lunatic should theoretically also work for hard and normal for the most part, even if they might be overkill.

Quick question, do you mind spoilers?

Because there's a certain event you have to prepare, but it's a small spoiler.

In fact, what I will write in the spoiler tag it's not a really a spoiler, but just in case:

Make sure Kaze and the Avatar have a A-support rank before starting chapter 15

Edited by Water Mage

Real talk though, that fifth map is very hard for coming so early, and I can imagine it scares off quite a few number of new players.

Hell, it's far harder than Conquest chapter seven which is essentially "guard choke points and win".

I don't know about that, considering that said most faceless on the map take 20% of your health away, the boss takes 40% + 20% of anybody nearby, and the others are all paired-up with speed seal, allowing them to double and kill pretty anybody on the map save for Corrin.

More importantly, you can't let units die like you can in Ch 5.

I don't mind spoilers, but others might. In fact, it's probably safe to assume this thread will have spoilers.

Did you read it?

If you did, It's important that I should tell you that this sort thing only happens in Birhtright.

No other route has a death that can be avoided by having a A-rank support.

Edited by Water Mage

Did you read it?

If you did, It's important that I should tell you that this sort thing only happens in Birhtright.

[spoiler=Do not read]Ah Kaze. ...I didn't know that before going in and I had like a C-rank Support with him at that time. ...Poor Kaze... So glad he's around in all three routes.

Did you read it?

Yes, I read it. No worries, though! Thanks for the advice!

I'd like to say hello because I'm brand spanking new. Anyways I noticed my streetpass/ castle defense team only utilizes 8 of the 10 slots. Does the layout of my castle effect anything?

Yup the characters appear only on places such as the throne, shops, resource points and other utilities. This is also important for character placement when fighting in your castle

Edited by Frozenkappa

This looks like it could be interesting. My current primary file is Normal / Casual since I'm mostly screwing around with getting supports, figuring out what characters I like, and working at knowing the story since my main focus here tends to be talking in character and story threads. That said, I have beaten other FE games in classic / on other difficulties, so I am thinking of trying something a bit different for another Birthright file since my brother is taking *forever* with Conquest.

Do you guys think my alternate file should be normal classic or hard casual? (Opinions welcome. Most of my time playing FE was spent on Path of Radiance. I did play some Awakening, but still haven't cleared that.)

The code for MyCastle ... how does that work? Is it one code per 3DS and whatever 'castle' you've loaded most recently is the one people will be visiting? (i.e. would I wanna leave updating that alone / to my main file for the time being?)

I'm still really confused about equipment in this game (I have 84,000 gold on my main file...) is there any kind of guidelines or suggestions on when / which weapons I should update as I go along? I've started noticing that they have stats (for example, the double weapons--if I understand them right--are a fantastic way to fix the fact that I don't have a primary Hoshido axe / club wielder since Rinkah's stats didn't go well for me.)

Any opinions on which things should be unlocked / built / upgraded at the highest priority in the base / MyCastle?

Do I want to pick a set of core units to work on or do I want to work on leveling everybody? (I mean, for ex. Corrin, Jakob, Azura, Sakura, Orochi, Kaden, Takumi, Ryoma *just random names*; not something like Corrin + support, Ryoma + support, Azura, Sakura) I seem to see two ways people tend to focus: either on a core group, or on an extremely over-levelled small squad. I'm going to *guess* the former will work better in Fates / the latter is unnecessary at the difficulties I'm considering?

I'm guessing I want to hold off on getting the kids, even if I get good supports, because they're starting setup improves the more you hold off?

Sorry for the mountain of questions. *laughs*

FE is not well suited to levelling everyone at a time (Birthright lets you grind, but it's still incredibly time consuming to level that many characters. If you really enjoy grinding then go for it, but sounds tedious as fuck to me), and I'd recommend to just do a core group. There's always my castle battles to grind support points for non-levelled characters, and it's absolutely safe because they won't die for real even on classic.

A core group of [deployment amount], usually 12, is solid. later slots increase to about 13-14 then to 15-16, which is when kids and the my castle prepromotes start to show up and you can start filling in your roster that way. You don't want to lowman too hard. Exp dropoff is harsh, so might as well take all you can get.

I just cleared the "Before Awakening" DLC map, but I ran into a bit of a snag. At the end, you're supposed to receive promotion items, however I did not. Lissa died during the course, so that may have something to do with it. But do I have to delete the map and redownload it to get the proper rewards? Or can I just do it again and take care not to have Lissa die?

I just cleared the "Before Awakening" DLC map, but I ran into a bit of a snag. At the end, you're supposed to receive promotion items, however I did not. Lissa died during the course, so that may have something to do with it. But do I have to delete the map and redownload it to get the proper rewards? Or can I just do it again and take care not to have Lissa die?

This made me rage until I figured it out (granted, this was on my second time through it over 3 saves, so my rage was amplified when I thought you could only get them on ONE save despite having 9 slots).

If Lissa dies, or any of them die, you only get a pebble. You will have to just replay until they all survive. This gets harder the later into the game you do it, because the enemies scale to your level. Chrom, Lissa and Freddy... not so much... They will go up to level 20 unpromoted... but end up fighting level 5s and 6 promoted units (at least when I played). Keeping Lissa alive was nigh impossible.

And I play Normal/Casual, and it was hard to do. Mainly because you can't control Lissa and she loves to run up by her brother... right in the god damn middle of things.

Edited by Fallaner

I found Chrom the toughest, honestly. He keeps on running into enemies that'd get him killed and I have like 5 units I can't protect him that easily--my units can handle the enemies no problem, even on Lunatic, but Chrom's stupid AI just charges him right in. I wish it could be RD so we can control their AI to some extent. Then I'd tell them all to go wait in the corner and let my squad handle it.

Eventually I did it with a full team of 5 Replicate users and went all out attack stance offensive so enemies are too busy being dead to kill Chrom. When game gives you 5 slots, make it 10.

Chrom and Co were lv 37ish, but while Fred has the durability to take hits, Chrom...really didn't. Lissa behaved and just hung back though, mainly because Chrom is either dead or I figured this shit out and went overoffense.

But I also did this at endgame because I have strict no-grind-until-postgame policies, where I won't even touch DLC (bar fixed-party ones like Beach Brawl) before I beat the final boss at least once.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I found Chrom the toughest, honestly. He keeps on running into enemies that'd get him killed and I have like 5 units I can't protect him that easily--my units can handle the enemies no problem, even on Lunatic, but Chrom's stupid AI just charges him right in. I wish it could be RD so we can control their AI to some extent. Then I'd tell them all to go wait in the corner and let my squad handle it.

Eventually I did it with a full team of 5 Replicate users and went all out attack stance offensive so enemies are too busy being dead to kill Chrom. When game gives you 5 slots, make it 10.

Chrom and Co were lv 37ish, but while Fred has the durability to take hits, Chrom...really didn't. Lissa behaved and just hung back though, mainly because Chrom is either dead or I figured this shit out and went overoffense.

But I also did this at endgame because I have strict no-grind-until-postgame policies, where I won't even touch DLC (bar fixed-party ones like Beach Brawl) before I beat the final boss at least once.

Ah. I didn't know they could go past 20. Still must of been a pain.

Interesting policy, but not one I'd ever follow because I love the great Lord class. I reclass to it ASAP. I love it.