English Line for Petting Mini Game found in Game File.

Rend Keaven

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

This article I found by Nintendonews (not sure if they are reliable) says that english spoken quotes were found in the english version of Fates. There are a few voices that can be heard from the Tumblr link the article: (http://nintendonews.com/news/3ds/english-tracks-fire-emblems-petting-mini-game/) One of the voices is Silas and I would say the others but I have a bad ear with recognizing them and I don't want to spoil characters for anyone.

What are you thoughts on this? Could this mean that Nintendo may make a U turn on this? Will it be added to the European version? Will this raise controversy or will fans not care?

Well, if somehow the petting is added in the future, I hope it's optional or for your Corrin's spouse only. Because it's still creepy and dumb to me otherwise...

...Still, I have to admit, tickling Silas sounds like fun. ^^ He's my Corrin's hubby!

EDIT: As for those other voices, I think one is Ryoma. The rest I'm not sure though.

Edited by Anacybele

It probably just means that the skinship minigame was axed fairly late in the localization process and they didn't have time to remove the assets, similar to the blushing portraits found for characters that were probably cut from the character roster late in development. Nintendo might have been testing the waters, but given the amount of support for Nintendo's decision they probably won't implement it.

We know that the voice acting was done around last E3.

The final decision probably hadn't been made at that point.

*Waits for Kaiji Tang to start talking about awkward lines on twitter.*

Edited by The DanMan

...Interesting. I wasn't expecting English skinship lines to be in the game, but thinking on it, I guess it makes sense. They must not have decided to cut it until late in development after all.

I suppose this means the content restoration patch will be able to have it fully voiced in English, for those who want it. I kind of want to hear more English takes on the lines myself, I admit, for curiosity's sake. I'm wondering what they did with some of the more suggestive ones.

Voice actor for Silas is great.

(On a random side-note, I'm still surprised people don't like the English dubs for this game. Seriously, some of these characters have great performers reading these lines [some of which would be pretty difficult to pull off without laughing])

I suppose this means the content restoration patch will be able to have it fully voiced in English, for those who want it. I kind of want to hear more English takes on the lines myself, I admit, for curiosity's sake. I'm wondering what they did with some of the more suggestive ones.

The question then would be exactly how many lines were kept in. At the time the minigame was removed (or possibly dummied out, as this new revelation suggests), were all of the lines finished or only some of them. If the former is the case, then I could see the content restoration patch making good use of this information. If the latter is the case, wouldn't it seem incomplete? Regardless, whether it's the content restoration patch that brings back the minigame or if Nintendo miraculously makes the choice to redeem themselves by "undummying it out", this sounds like very good news for those who actually wanted it in.