Advice for the Before Awakening DLC?

GuiltyLove

If I recall right difficulty does scale. So later on Fredrick won't survive nearly as well. However, you'll have more skills and party options available so it may be a wash.

Lunge is the real problem. So you want to park people on those forts ASAP. They'll spawn after you leave the forts, but that decreases the opposition by 2 and makes you less likely to get hit on the first lunge which makes survival a bit more likely. Still lunge plus enemy plus RANGE is just ridiculous. It really should require adjacent squares to work.

Hm ok. When can I leave the forts? Do the ninjas eventually stop spawning?

I'm a little wary about the leaving the forts because the ninjas at the top will just attack me and lunge will be extremely troublesome to deal with after that...

I seem to recall that there is only 1 spawn event on the forts and It will happen the turn after you leave them if you were standing on them(or the turn after the enemy dies/moves off them). Personally I let one spawn at a time to deal with them. Mostly cause I didn't want everyone Leroy Jenkins the northern lot with Frederick.

Poison can't kill you, thankfully, so if you have units that can take no damage from the Ninjas you can place them at the edge of their range and kill them on the player phase after they Lunge your tanks. You need to be able to kill them quickly, though, because if you let them start piling up they will kill one of Chrom or Lissa, denying you the rewards for the map. I think there's a sweet spot around Ch16 or so on Hard mode where they're still not promoted but Chrom has just enough Defense to take no damage from them. Don't let them Lunge you into range of the northern enemies - Just like in Awakening, keep the fight in the south portion of the map until you're ready to tackle the north.