Winged Shield or Bow Breaker?

Anders

Winged Shield or Bow Breaker?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What skill is more worthy of the slot?

• Winged Shield
    • Bow Breaker

Well, the title says it all. What of the two skills do you believe is worthy of the slot? remember that the Winged Shield also lets a flyer to take advantage of the terrain.

Edited by Iniktemis

Why not both?

Wing Shield gets rid of weakness and Bowbreaker makes it so bows and yumi (Which keep in mind are some of the best weapons in this game), hit less.

Oooh, really? damn, as it was in Awakening, i thought that it would be a skill from the new wave of DLC, just that i didn't want to spoil me too much so i didn't researched a lot... well then, this is useless, thanks a lot.

Why not both?

Wing Shield gets rid of weakness and Bowbreaker makes it so bows and yumi (Which keep in mind are some of the best weapons in this game), hit less.

I also thought about that, but there are only five slots, and well, there are so much good skills that i think that having those two together might be an overkill...

I also thought about that, but there are only five slots, and well, there are so much good skills that i think that having those two together might be an overkill...

Only Snipers have an actual chance of hitting flyers using Bows/Yumi so Bow Breaker is more preferred than Winged Shield if you have RNG issues on hit rates. Also since flyers naturally can fly over terrain with no ill effects outside of terrain damage (spikes/traps/fire pits/etc), Winged Shield for them isn't really that useful since it makes them more or less a carbon copy of Kinshi Knight Takumi. That said Bow-users in the game story don't show up a lot outside of DLC and random skirmishes.

Winged Shield is enemy only.

In terms of getting it, yes. But it is available in the game data as an actual item (like an item that teaches you the skill) since Powersaves codes exist of allowing you to have lots of items that aren't purely available via download (Wing Shield, Point Blank, Armor Shield, Beast Shield, Dread Scroll, Ebon Wing, Sighting Lens, Witch's Mark, Paragon, Bold Stance, Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Luck/Defense/Resistancetaker are all disc-locked content -- they exist in the vanilla game data -- and can therefore be accessed via cheating where as Hero/Exalt/Fell/Vanguard Brands and Pebble cannot be obtained via cheating as they don't exist in the vanilla game).

In terms of getting it, yes. But it is available in the game data as an actual item (like an item that teaches you the skill) since Powersaves codes exist of allowing you to have lots of items that aren't purely available via download (Wing Shield, Point Blank, Armor Shield, Beast Shield, Dread Scroll, Ebon Wing, Sighting Lens, Witch's Mark, Paragon, Bold Stance, Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Luck/Defense/Resistancetaker are all disc-locked content -- they exist in the vanilla game data -- and can therefore be accessed via cheating where as Hero/Exalt/Fell/Vanguard Brands and Pebble cannot be obtained via cheating as they don't exist in the vanilla game).

That is what I believe Karis was saying there partially. Obtaining a skill that you can't get without cheating or hacking before it comes out wouldn't work entirely. If a skill exists solely as an enemy-only skill first, obtaining it when you normally can't (even if the game has it exist as an obtainable skill) wouldn't work since the requirements aren't met. Look at all the sites where skills are listed, most of the ones that aren't enemy-only and are tbc aren't released yet. Additionally, Sighting Lense, Witches Mark and Paragon are DLC and from what another thread had covered DLC in Fates is a separate content not included in the game's encryption whereas the DLC in Awakening was most likely already compiled and stored. Players have used Powersaves to transfer data from outer-region games to NA games to obtain them (seeing NA players with non-obtainable classes that aren't even released yet).

If both are allowed/available, Winged Shield feels clearly better. Some archer-type enemies are extremely accurate so +50 evade isn't really good enough, especially since Falcon Knights typically have WTD to arrows and Wyverns aren't that evasive. And being able to sit on terrain (which fliers reach so easily for a variety of reasons) and get their bonuses is a nice extra perk.

That's a pretty big "if", though.

Not all of us are cheaters fyi.