The ninjas on Conquest 25...

GuiltyLove

How do I deal with the guys with the spy shuriken in the corridors on the right side? The poison and grisly wound damage do way too much damage D: Should I break the walls?

Actually I just don't know what to do at all. This chapter is as hard as people have said it is. My Corrin doesn't have a reliable hit rate on Ryoma either and due to a luck bane, is prone to getting crit.

Ch. 25 is much more manageable if you take it slow and steady, bait and turtle. (That is, if your Corrin can take the hits and survive; a Sun Festal from Dwyer's paralogue could help here for that 2-range healing)

One thing I like to do is to abuse Azura and Paladins/GKs with Shelter. Lure a Spy's Shuriken Ninja to a position that you want it to be with a tank, use a bow-user (preferably one with Shurikenbreaker) to kill that ninja, Sing with Azura to get that unit out of range, then use a cavalier with a Shelter skill to rescue Azura, then place a unit below that cavalier and use Transfer, switch to Azura, then Sing for a second time to get that cavalier out as well. This can be repeated if you have multiple Cavaliers. Repeat this a lot, then you can bait units as you want.

If your units don't allow for this, then use the Freeze staff to your advantage.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

That sounds so complicated! Is there a video of it? I don't have that many units with Shelter besides Silas and Xander... hm, I'll try though.

I haven't used any Freeze staves yet. Should I save them up for the later chapters too? I feel like there's just too many enemies for me to know what to use it on D:

Entrap or Freeze one of the Spy Shuriken users, as mentioned. It really ruins the whole formation. If only one Spy can attack you, then as long as you are either (a) outside the range of the silver shuriken ninjas, or (b) can OHKO them with a counter (I used Trample/Axefaire Hand Axe, suitably strong bow setups might work here too), you'll then only get hit by one Poison/Grisly Wound and hopefully your tank is tanky enough to deal with any other Masters of Arms who can reach them that turn.

I'll figure out how to use the freeze staff... once I can get past the initial wave of enemies on the left side. I can't even have Effie or Xander tank all that! They end up dying :/

Should I split up my forces or just go down one path, retrace my steps, and go down the other?

Edited by GuiltyLove

I'll figure out how to use the freeze staff... once I can get past the initial wave of enemies on the left side. I can't even have Effie or Xander tank all that! They end up dying :/

Should I split up my forces or just go down one path, retrace my steps, and go down the other?

It's been a little bit since I did the fight, so apologies if I don't remember the details. This is what I did. Other strategies of course may work:

There should be a place you can move a tank (I used Xander) to that only can be reached by something like 2-3 of the enemies, but will still bait all of them out. I think it's the upper right corner of the room on the bottom left, but don't quote me on that; I just know such a space exists. Once he has baited these enemies (all of the first 5? swordmasters/ninjas will arrive even if not all of them attack), retreat! You can judge how far you can retreat so that, once again, not all enemies can get him at once. Then, with his two rounds of countering with Siegfried, I was able to sweep through the rest with the half of my team I was using for the left side while the other team was already headed up the right.

But as mentioned, if you wish, feel free to keep your teams together and double back if necessary.

I managed to beat it by doubling back and taking my time. I'm not even sure what I did besides somehow bait out the spy shuriken guys with someone at the bottom and killing them with a two range weapon user in the corridor

I almost died fighting Ryoma too because I was retreating and forgot that I was not in the healing tile anymore >__>

And I got a few one stat level ups

>__>

Thanks for the help, everyone :)