*Request* - Fates Style Roy map sprite

bunnynoah

• 3 weeks later...

I could try, but at the same time Fates "sprites" don't even count as sprites. (at least in my eyes) Mostly because they go way other the 16 color limit and they look like they belong to a shitty game from the app-store.

I could try, but at the same time Fates "sprites" don't even count as sprites. (at least in my eyes) Mostly because they go way other the 16 color limit and they look like they belong to a shitty game from the app-store.

The word sprite isn't defined by a 16 color limit. Especially not in hardware that can handle it.

You shouldn't be saying "their sprites are shit" about anyone's sprites considering the mug sprite displayed on your avatar could be easily torn apart and the 3ds map sprites are stylistic.

It doesn't even matter if you made it or not, your ability to judge the quality of sprites is obviously impaired.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The word sprite isn't defined by a 16 color limit. Especially not in hardware that can handle it.

You shouldn't be saying "their sprites are shit" about anyone's sprites considering the mug sprite displayed on your avatar could be easily torn apart and the 3ds map sprites are stylistic.

It doesn't even matter if you made it or not, your ability to judge the quality of sprites is obviously impaired.

↑ Well said.

My best thought would be to use existing Binding Blade sprites and adapt Roy's features from them and add them to Fates' style of sprites. Perhaps creating Master Lord sprites from features of Great Lord, Lodestar and Vanguard. Of course that's my best guess at the methodology of what should be done. Unfortunately, I'm essentially an untrained amateur with low patience so would most likely be incredibly inefficient.

I'm not sure about you (I can't do it by the way), but I'd like to see a whole sheet, not just a single sprite.

*cries*

A single frame seems plausible and I'll grab it eventually if no one else does. Idle/active cyles seem like good enough self-reward as far as usage/avvies go, but a whole sheet on a whim is asking for a lot? (They average 24x24 afaik, 20 frames total for active/idle/LR/Up/Down, and probably don't break 32 colors if you manage them, maybe not as bad as first impression makes it, but still.)

• 3 weeks later...