FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I mean I really have plenty of space for anything but yeah there are comparatively few archers (which makes sense, there are fewer classes that use bows, at least for tier 1s)

Is that description for Gardy, so I should change from "Sprite incoming?" to "Make sprite!"? And to make sure, what sort of Knight armor do you mean?

And all right got i--oh lol i forgot to ask about appearance, or did I already ask and just not write it down uhhh

Sure, I mean I really have plenty of space for anything but yeah there are comparatively few archers (which makes sense, there are fewer classes that use bows, at least for tier 1s)

Is that description for Gardy, so I should change from "Sprite incoming?" to "Make sprite!"? And to make sure, what sort of Knight armor do you mean?

And all right got i--oh lol i forgot to ask about appearance, or did I already ask and just not write it down uhhh

Hmm the limited archer classes... what if a non promoted Kinshi rider type unit was added? I love the idea of an air supremacy unit it was really untouched until FE14 probably the class I want to play with the most from Fates. It could then gain lances on promotion.

The only other really distinct way to do a pre-promoted archer would be a bow using cavalry unless you want to double up on weapons for un-promoted units.

if i were good at spriting i'd whip up a quickie of him in really feminine armor

Okeydokey so the reference is there, I should probably also make a sheet to better-organize what needs doing and what's available to help.

The animation resource directory thingy does have bow-using wyvern rider/lord battle animations, I kept seeing those but wasn't sure how to feel about a class but sure that would fill that pretty easily and there isn't even an earlygame wyvern rider yet so doop

if i were good at spriting i'd whip up a quickie of him in really feminine armor

Okeydokey so the reference is there, I should probably also make a sheet to better-organize what needs doing and what's available to help.

The animation resource directory thingy does have bow-using wyvern rider/lord battle animations, I kept seeing those but wasn't sure how to feel about a class but sure that would fill that pretty easily and there isn't even an earlygame wyvern rider yet so doop

Oh useful! probably should stat it differently than a normal Wyvern rider for a role as an air supremacy unit. Also might make a good unit addition right before a super flier heavy map ;)

If the player has a normal wyvern rider, Pegasus knight and an air supremacy bow flyier it should make a flier heavy reinforcement chapter far more manageable(It wouldn't be an FE game without one am I right?)

Yeah I think maybe I'll save that for the early side of midgame though, I'll have another recruitable flier in that chapter too so it's a bit easier to manage. What would be a good stat distribution for an air supremacy unit, I never really used kinshi knights (still on like chapter 21 of Conquest)

Did you want one of those battle sprites instead of the BwdYeti Halberdier? I can add them if we have permission and a full animation.

Yeah I think maybe I'll save that for the early side of midgame though, I'll have another recruitable flier in that chapter too so it's a bit easier to manage. What would be a good stat distribution for an air supremacy unit, I never really used kinshi knights (still on like chapter 21 of Conquest)

Did you want one of those battle sprites instead of the BwdYeti Halberdier? I can add them if we have permission and a full animation.

Nah, think I'll stick with the second option.

I would say compared to the wyvern units probably higher skill(as archers tend to have higher skill) lower defense(than wyvern) probably slightly higher speed? The actual balance would likely depend on what the stats of the units they need to deal with are like. From what I have seen the units in fates have slightly lower base stats than the falcon knight but have an innate hit avoid bonus against flying units. the caps for the classes are on this site so they could serve as reference though I don't think its absolute.

If a unit turns out too strong nerf their growths if a class turns out too strong when maxed nerf their capped stats... To be safe you could just have them be average compared to Wyverns and Pegisi which If memory serves tend to have strong stat biases towards HP/Strength/Def and Skill/Speed/Res respectivly

Oh lol of course, the easiest way to make a hard counter is to actually code it to have an advantage against what it's supposed to counter, all righty.

Uhhhhh I can't think of much else to say in this post so I guess I'll go ahead and get to that Sheet 3, so I guess look out for that?

EDIT: Did it, check out sheet 3, let me know if I messed up, and if possible I wouldn't mind if you could do some spriting too~

Speaking of, just did a quick run through the NICKT COLLECTION :D

Found a possible sprite for Nexus:

4627a383ab2d30134df168dd8e8ff719.png

Edited by 47948201

Ah for Shira I noticed that in regards to her class you have it up for question. As she is a chapter boss it is pretty much sure that she is promoted the the level depending on when you place the chapter.

Animation wise as she is based on Nino you could make her a faster yet defensively frailer version of Nino's sage class(with the three types of magic and no staves)

More backstory I thought of overnight!

Rye's parents were two proficient mages, working for the big bad guy thinking he was good. During the time they were working under the big bad, Rye read many of the big bad's texts, which contained many theories about demons and how to summon them, along with types of magic. When Rye realized what was going on, he tried to confront the big bad, only to see his parents being murdered in front of him. When the big bad saw him there, he cursed him with his most powerful and destructive tome, (insert tome name here cause i'm too lazy to think of a name right now) Rye miraculously survived the experience, waking up in a town a year later, with only a loss of some personal memories (aka he believes his family has been dead his entire life), becoming very frail, and unnatural white streaks in his hair.

You can change this if you want, i'm fine with that.

(I tried to put it in a spoiler, but I failed ;( )

Edited by tjoracer

More backstory I thought of overnight!

Rye's parents were two proficient mages, working for the big bad guy thinking he was good. During the time they were working under the big bad, Rye read many of the big bad's texts, which contained many theories about demons and how to summon them, along with types of magic. When Rye realized what was going on, he tried to confront the big bad, only to see his parents being murdered in front of him. When the big bad saw him there, he cursed him with his most powerful and destructive tome, (insert tome name here cause i'm too lazy to think of a name right now) Rye miraculously survived the experience, waking up in a town a year later, with only a loss of some personal memories (aka he believes his family has been dead his entire life), becoming very frail, and unnatural white streaks in his hair.

You can change this if you want, i'm fine with that.

(I tried to put it in a spoiler, but I failed ;( )

Considering D. Tomes use a lot of Norse mythology, how about either Muspell or Niflheim?

Uh, really, levels at 1/15 then 5/10? Awakening does it at 1/10 then 5/15 so you can't promote without learning the second T1 skill, and the T2 skills are more spaced out.

But okay uhhh I'm not sure if I'll be able to do command rallies, but I know I can do passive rallies so I'll do that as a just-in-case, but hopefully I can get some more command skills going in here. Capture, however, would be a whoooole heck of a lot of coding, and to make it available only on one unit towards the end of the game (ie many players aren't going to ever use it) is uhhh yeah for me probably not worth the effort.

(additional effort being balancing the game around the player having it but not necessarily using it, Capture is kind of a big deal and is nontrivial in many respects)

If command rallies are not really a thing, i think itnwould be fine if he lacked a passive rally, as he alreadys gives support bonuses to dark mages. as for capture, i just threw it as I thoughtt would suit his character.

Would Stephan, being a Merc and a Hero, learn the skills from the classes upon leveling up? Or would I need to specify some of my own?

I already gave him the personal Armor Break skill, but I can make up more or pull some from my game.

Edited by Power Master

Gardy, I might make the sprites for you. I love me some Gardevoir after all.

Don't you have a dragon knight to be spriting?

All righty so I'll just leave the name of Shira's class to be Sage, but it functions differently to normal Sages.

@ryestuff sure makes sense o3o

Oh Rolo gives statboosts to nearby dark mages? I thought it was that his narcissism gave him a stat boost from being near dark mages, which would've been a teensy bit harder to code (but I do plan to add it anyway so sure either way) (yeah actually I know someone else who has a thief character with canto in their game, it's pretty cool. So unpromoted he has Steal/Pick+Canto, then promoted he loses both, or?)

IN GENERAL, classes will have about 1 skill each, meaning promoted classes have one skill of their own plus whatever they had when unpromoted. In addition, characters can have one personal skill.

At least, that's the general plan--many exceptions obviously exist on all fronts.

Don't you have a computer to be getting?

WIUrL0A.png

This is Kellen, an early-game Cavalier!

Strength and Defense oriented.

He might join with another Cavalier (per FE standard), but aside from that this is probably the only player character I'll submit.

Man I am sucking at this, maybe it'll take a bit longer. Oh, and my affinity for Mondo can be "Thunder" that's fine. Also, if you're looking for gimmick chapters, how about one where it rains, and the rain instantly causes some titles to become too wet to move through and become stuck if you are on those spots?