Favorite/Least Favorite 2nd Gen Character

The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

Wait. So you hate Arthur?! And that's why you hate Percy?!

That's a little disappointing. Though, I can't fault you for not liking a clone character much. In fact, I think this is a better reason than 'He's a brat! Ugh!' FE Fates isn't that original. Though, I do like the idea of raising Percy myself. In fact, I really want to do that. I might marry Arthur in one of my playthroughs to get Percy now. The idea of a kid trying to be a superhero in a high fantasy setting like Fire Emblem actually warms my heart to bits.

Also, your reason for liking Caeldori is cute. It makes me excited to see the Birthright children.

Like I said, no offense.

I don't exactly hate Arthur or Percy, I guess. Arthur by himself is a pretty funny character, and he actually makes me laugh a lot, I like him.

The reason I don't like Percy is because I feel like he's just Arthur but smaller.

To be honest I probably should have said someone other than Percy, but I generally think the characters people crap on aren't too bad.

Soleil is a creep, but she also has a lot of good supports along with her bad ones. The supports with Sophie are bad, but end up being them kind of understanding eachother. She has fantastic supports with Laslow. She's just an all around cute character, trying to make sure everyone is happy. She can go a bit too far occasionally, but she tries to hold back.

Nina can be a creep too, but she fights for good too. She has beliefs she sticks to, no matter what, showed in her Paralogue, even going as far as to defy her father just to fight for the poor.

Most of the 2nd gen characters are better than the 1st in my opinion, and I could probably say something good about each of them.

Overall, Percy isn't too bad, just seems like a bit of a clone to me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite should be obvious. Ophelia is adorable and huggable.

Least favorite though is Caeldori.

I love Ophelia too, I married Odin so I could call her my daughter.

Is there a reason you dislike Calli?

Again, I'm not trying to change your opinion of anything, but I just don't see it. Why settle for someone who's essentially copied just because she's cute? Like, if anything we have too many cute characters in the game; it almost becomes ridiculous at a certain point. I find Owain more compelling because he's got the decency to know when to stop being dramatc; Ophelia does that very rarely (I can only think of her A support with her father), and even when she does, I can't remember a single line she has said.

Oh, if we're talking gameplay-wise though, then hell yes, I love that woman. She and Velour have helped out tremendously in my runs.

I liked Ophelia for her antics (like her father, my husband) and because she actually did have some sweet moments with other characters. Her supports with Midori really got me. Ophelia is like Odin, but she carries the burden of having to live up to her Father's strength and even heritage.

Ophelia's supports with Midori follow the line of Midori telling Ophelia how fake fortune telling, and in return them getting into a fight. Ophelia finds out how stressed Midori is about having to heal everyone and deal with the sick, so she tells Midori's fortune. She tells Midori that she sees a future where all of Midori's past patients are happy and smiling, and that they're all safe because of all the hard work Midori had done.

I find it very sweet that even after Midori insulted her hobby, Ophelia went out of her way to make Midori happy.

There are a couple other supports like this too with Ophelia, where she tries to make others feel better about themselves, while at the same time, Ophelia has a bit of trouble with her own self-image, as shown in her conversations with her mother.

I can understand if you think she's a one-note character, but I see more from her than that.

Almost went with my daughter for most favorite, but honestly I have to go Forrest. I've always been super connected to characters that defy gender conventions, like Haruhi from Ouran and Aoi from Maid-sama. But beyond that, I just really adore gentle guys, and he has a perfect blend of gentleness and confidence. He's also got awesome supports. His "prankster" one with Shigure gets me every time.

For least favorite, Asugi and Rhajat are close, but since I actually cared about Gaius, I take the former as more of an offense. So him. For reasons already listed.

Like I said, no offense.

I don't exactly hate Arthur or Percy, I guess. Arthur by himself is a pretty funny character, and he actually makes me laugh a lot, I like him.

The reason I don't like Percy is because I feel like he's just Arthur but smaller.

To be honest I probably should have said someone other than Percy, but I generally think the characters people crap on aren't too bad.

Soleil is a creep, but she also has a lot of good supports along with her bad ones. The supports with Sophie are bad, but end up being them kind of understanding eachother. She has fantastic supports with Laslow. She's just an all around cute character, trying to make sure everyone is happy. She can go a bit too far occasionally, but she tries to hold back.

Nina can be a creep too, but she fights for good too. She has beliefs she sticks to, no matter what, showed in her Paralogue, even going as far as to defy her father just to fight for the poor.

Most of the 2nd gen characters are better than the 1st in my opinion, and I could probably say something good about each of them.

Overall, Percy isn't too bad, just seems like a bit of a clone to me.

I like how you are defending Soleil and Nina. However without their gimmicks, I probably would have liked them more. In fact...

I really think if Nina weren't trying to ship her father with every man within a twenty mile radius (or any man with each other), she would have been a very great character for me. She lived a similar life of her father's, learning the world is cruel, dark, and frightening. The way she handles it is actually much better than her father's (in a weird little way). If Kana or Shigure were her siblings, she could learn from their innocence. She wouldn't be a Rhajat or anything THAT dark, nor would she be a Niles clone but the idea of a serious character (much like Nah to Nowi) would have been perfect. But no. They had to make her that yaoi fan that makes everyone cringe and sigh. Some of her supports are stuck on that gimmick.

Once again, as someone who is bisexual, Soleil is kind of a mixed bag. She's a pretty powerful unit when you pair her with a good mom, and she has a lot of potential since she's the granddaughter of one of my favorite characters, Olivia. However... Soleil in herself isn't that great of a character because that is her only gimmick. It's a lot like many people's arguments with Rhajat and Niles being the first S Support characters for both genders. It's an offensive look at girls that like girls in the West. I don't blame people for not liking her. The fact she is more social than Rhajat and yet she treats other women in the army the way she does is unacceptable.

What could be a great support for her would be a support with a female unit that ISN'T being hit on. Maybe a talk with Midori on how to improve herself for speed and maneuverability or a look at Velouria/Selkie where she learns about how they see the world as possibly the only ones in the Deeprealms of their kind, giving her a bonding moment akin to Laslow/Keaton or Inigo/Yarne. Actually, if they considered S-Supports for units of the same gender outside of the Avatar, she could have something like the Inigo/Nah support (or VirionxNowi for how Selkie acts).

I am sorry now I am just rambling.

Edited by Dangerus

I have a soft spot for Nina ever since I played conquest because she was so useful in 25 and 28 which are like, two chapters I had trouble with.

Granted, I could've 6 turned 25, but I was pretty stubborn about making Xander fight the boss and not Corn. Also it'd mean lose out on the Silence and my carelessly-slapping-tonic-everywhere funds.

I got her right before 25, so she only needed 1 lv up for pass and inherited a breaker each from her parents. Was great. She's in one of the 4 non-shiro kids I give a fuck about list, the other 3 being Sieg, Forrest, and Shigure.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Forrest is my favorite because he's an absolute cutie-patootie and everything I want to be. He's so sweet.

Nina is my least favorite because I just hate how she fetishes gay men. likeplschill. I especially hated how in her festival scramble convo with Niles she made him seduce a guy just so she could get off. likeplssschill. She will never not be my least favorite. It doesn't even matter if she's been improved in the localization because I will never recruit her. M!Corrin/Niles 4lyfe.

Forrest is my favorite because he's an absolute cutie-patootie and everything I want to be. He's so sweet.

Nina is my least favorite because I just hate how she fetishes gay men. likeplschill. I especially hated how in her festival scramble convo with Niles she made him seduce a guy just so she could get off. likeplssschill. She will never not be my least favorite. It doesn't even matter if she's been improved in the localization because I will never recruit her. M!Corrin/Niles 4lyfe.

The worst part about Nina's skill is that all it needs to be done in order to proc is putting her between any two men. Yes, even if they're related, meaning you get her to fantasize about incest. For once, kinda makes me glad that Niles shows up underleveled in Revelation. lol

I like how you are defending Soleil and Nina. However without their gimmicks, I probably would have liked them more. In fact...

I really think if Nina weren't trying to ship her father with every man within a twenty mile radius (or any man with each other), she would have been a very great character for me. She lived a similar life of her father's, learning the world is cruel, dark, and frightening. The way she handles it is actually much better than her father's (in a weird little way). If Kana or Shigure were her siblings, she could learn from their innocence. She wouldn't be a Rhajat or anything THAT dark, nor would she be a Niles clone but the idea of a serious character (much like Nah to Nowi) would have been perfect. But no. They had to make her that yaoi fan that makes everyone cringe and sigh. Some of her supports are stuck on that gimmick.

Once again, as someone who is bisexual, Soleil is kind of a mixed bag. She's a pretty powerful unit when you pair her with a good mom, and she has a lot of potential since she's the granddaughter of one of my favorite characters, Olivia. However... Soleil in herself isn't that great of a character because that is her only gimmick. It's a lot like many people's arguments with Rhajat and Niles being the first S Support characters for both genders. It's an offensive look at girls that like girls in the West. I don't blame people for not liking her. The fact she is more social than Rhajat and yet she treats other women in the army the way she does is unacceptable.

What could be a great support for her would be a support with a female unit that ISN'T being hit on. Maybe a talk with Midori on how to improve herself for speed and maneuverability or a look at Velouria/Selkie where she learns about how they see the world as possibly the only ones in the Deeprealms of their kind, giving her a bonding moment akin to Laslow/Keaton or Inigo/Yarne. Actually, if they considered S-Supports for units of the same gender outside of the Avatar, she could have something like the Inigo/Nah support (or VirionxNowi for how Selkie acts).

I am sorry now I am just rambling.

No, it's completely fine.

I agree about both your points, with Nina and Soleil. I think that Soleil had great opportunities to have a support with a female that wasn't her flirting and actually learning about something (I'm not sure if there is one, I'll have to check eventually). Soleil was a little bit of a missed opportunity, but I still enjoy some of her supports with Lazlow and some of the other kids.

I completely agree about Nina, I feel like her "fetishes" get in the way of a character who had a generally good personality, a robin hood character. It would have been cool to have a normal conversation with her, without her flirting with my male 2nd gen children.

I personally have no problem with Rhajat. I get people are creeped out by her "stalker act", and I agree, it's unnerving. But then again, Rhajat was completely ignored by her father. She grew up by herself pretty much, and you saving her changed her life. She doesn't really understand that stalking you is wrong or creepy, she just finds it as something she owes you. You could argue she's just a creep/perv, but I liked her supports with other characters.

I wish I could have shipped Rhajat and Caeldori. They had pretty funny supports.

I like Shiro. I even S-Ranked him in my Birthright despite not being a fan of S-Ranking children characters. Imagining Ryouma's reactions was an awkward thought too.

Anyway, I find his design appealing, his voice is lovely, and he has been a useful unit in combat for me.

I also like how much of a contrast he is from Siegbert. Besides him, I also appreciate Kiragi and Midori.

I've yet to get all the children yet so I picked the "dunno" option.

I feel mostly indifference towards most of them but I think Soleil bugs me the most.

Rhajat is a close second which is odd since I actually liked Tharja in Awakening.

I probably would have said Shiro if not for my soft spot for the Luchador of justice.

Least favorite, Soleil. In theory she is great, but her execution and inconsistency makes me uncomfortable... well, anyone who hits on their mum does.

Every other kid is meh. I really couldn't care less about a good majority of them.

Favorite is Forrest probably because I want to be him. He's the sort of man I respect.

Least is Ignatius. It's really not his fault so much as I hate having him as Corrin's husband, but love the stats he passes down with both Beruka and Rinkah as mothers. Even worse, he's an extremely good unit in his own right, so I can't just kill him off to enjoy Corrin's newfound widow status. Caeldori gets sort of close to his potential, but it isn't close enough for me to sacrifice his superior genetics.

I really wish I liked MAG as a stat more so Corrin can have some of the best man in Fates.

Edited by Butterfly Pink

I see a lot of people choosing Ophelia; may I ask why? I like Owain, but she feels like a cheap imitation without her father's more serious moments, which were done very well in both Awakening and Fates. Maybe I've missed a good support.

Or is it the breasts? It's the breasts, isn't it?

I could say why but Sai herself has basically said it herself.

That and I liked Owain's antics in the first place. I guess it's that I see myself a bit in Ophelia - a bit flashy sometimes and called one note.

I love Ophelia too, I married Odin so I could call her my daughter.

Is there a reason you dislike Calli?

Because imo she's Cordelia without the depth. She comes off more annoying to me then Cordelia.

Thinking on it I may have jumped the gun a bit on her because I hate her the least of the Awakening kids trio, but someone also kind of ruined her for me.

Because imo she's Cordelia without the depth. She comes off more annoying to me then Cordelia.

Thinking on it I may have jumped the gun a bit on her because I hate her the least of the Awakening kids trio, but someone also kind of ruined her for me.

I guess that's fair, I get it.

I just like how she tries her best to live up to expectations, always trying to impress her father.

It just reminds me of myself.

She very rarely has any cute supports unfortunately, I must admit. She and Asugi have a good support set though, with her helping him bake.

I still need to play more and look up on all the child characters, but...

Favorites:

Kana(F) - All right folks, put down the pitchforks. I like Kana just being adorable in general, but I haven't delved into her supports to see how they are handled. However, a part of me is still debating if Morgan(F) or Kana(F) is better. Morgan has her good moments in Awakening, while Kana I have yet to see any beyond her general nature.

Kiragi - I honestly expected not to like this guy at first due to his design, but his optimism just rubbed off on me. He's a simple, carefree character from what I know about him, so he's good to me!

Shiro - Don't know much about him save for the fact he seems to have one of the better voices out of the male children characters that I feel comfortable hearing most of the time. I plan to pair him with Kana.

Ophelia - It's a female Odin, and she is a beautiful as well. However, I must admit, her voice is starting to get to me and I wonder if she can also get serious like Odin does every now and then.

Least Favorite

Asugi - What happened to Gaius? His real counterpart is far better than his reincarnation, and I didn't care much for Gaius to begin with.

Rhajat - Don't care for Tharja, don't care much for Tharja 2.0. Simple as that.
The rest I haven't really delved into or I just don't care that much about on either end of the spectrum.

Ophelia - It's a female Odin, and she is a beautiful as well. However, I must admit, her voice is starting to get to me and I wonder if she can also get serious like Odin does every now and then.

I mentioned this earlier, but she does have a nice, serious support with Midori (if you get to B/A support).

You can either just read what I said about it or look into it yourself.

Edited by CWGameplay

Forrest is the best child, everyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong.

As for worst, I honestly need more than one vote:

Awakening Trio: I get what they were going for. Inigo, Owain and Severa are more mature this time around so making the kid characters less mature made sense. Making them unlikable brats however, does not.

Soleil- So she's apparently bisexual, but every male S-Rank ends in friendship (with the exception of the Player Avatar and a cross-dresser *hurls*) and she can't S-rank any females. This makes her at best a bait-and-switch lesbian, and at worst an example of homosexuality being nothing more than a 'phase' that people grow out of depending on how cynical you want to be. To make matters worse, the way she acts in her supports with Forrest, Ophelia and her mother is revolting. Especially the one with Ophelia, which can be summed up as sexual harassment played for laughs.

When+my+parents+were+having+pc+problems+

Edited by Phillius

Forrest is the best child, everyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong.

As for worst, I honestly need more than one vote:

Awakening Trio: I get what they were going for. Inigo, Owain and Severa are more mature this time around so making the kid characters less mature made sense. Making them unlikable brats however, does not.

Soleil- So she's apparently bisexual, but every male S-Rank ends in friendship (with the exception of the Player Avatar and a cross-dresser *hurls*) and she can't S-rank any females. This makes her at best a bait-and-switch lesbian, and at worst an example of homosexuality being nothing more than a 'phase' that people grow out of depending on how cynical you want to be. To make matters worse, the way she acts in her supports with Forrest, Ophelia and her mother is revolting. Especially the one with Ophelia, which can be summed up as sexual harassment played for laughs.

When+my+parents+were+having+pc+problems+

I am seriously regretting not playing on Classic just so I can get Laslow killed off.

Ophelia comes down to earth a lot more than swagmaster Odin does and is pretty self aware, she just lacks his traumatic post apocalyptic background. I don't really feel that costs her depth, it does rob her of Odins ability to whip the baddass out of nowhere though.

I cant say Ophy really feels like a copy paste either, she just acts like.... the daughter of a doting nerd dad, and I really like that. Odin turning out to be a really involved dad in fates of all places was kinda cool.

Favorites:

Kiragi - Looks can be deceiving. At first, I thought he was going to be a Takumi clone with shorter hair, but I was very pleasantly suprised. He reminded me a lot of (M) Morgan for some reason, as they both have an optimistic view on the world (Also, they both had blue hair in my files. Thanks Chrom and Oboro!). I really loved a lot of his quirky victory quotes, and from the supports I did, he seems like the guy to help out. Just a happy kid who loves hunting.

Percy - Coming from a fan of Kid Icarus, I didn't mind that he sounded exactly like Pit. It brought back good memories, and I felt the actor brought out the same voice but with a difference spin on the personality. I really liked the Justice gimmick (Also liked with Arthur, his father) to my surprise, and he became a really great unit for me at the end of Conquest. Ace is also a really quite gimmick to compliment Sophie's Avel, as I really adore the animals with names.

Sophie - Being a clutz is exactly how I feel sometimes, so I can relate well to her. She also had a good personality that she tried to stay positive, even though she messed up a lot. She ended up being a great compliment to Kiragi, as he didn't lose his optimism even though in their supports she let all the horses in the stables get lose. I just wish she had a better outfit. Female Cavaliers.....Anywho, I like Avel for the same reason I like Ace.

Least Favorites:

Hisame - I just cannot get over his love for the pickles. Pickles aside, his character came off bland to me, and I just didn't mess around with him much after that. He seems very one sided and predictable, to me at least. He is quite the opposite of his father, and always seemed pessimistic to me on everything besides pickles. He was so forgettable, I already forgot what his supports were like with his parents....

Soleil - Too much controversy surrounding her is what I really dislike about her. Also, I did read one of her and Ophelia's supports, and I just could not get myself to put those units next to each other ever again, I was highly disturbed. I don't really care the fact that she's Bi, it's just that she was handled so poorly in a lot of her supports (Just read some of the above replies) that she just came off as creepy. Good voice and design put to waste.

Mitama and Forrest are both my favorite. I'm glad I have one of them as a son... Although I don't really want to marry you-know-who for Mitama (She has a nice enough support with FeMu) Forrest is actually a pretty nice character and his supports made him seem really nice. I liked his support with his father and the depth to it even, which is good for his character, especially for a 2nd gen. Mitama is the type I can relate to, plus I kind of like the poetry thing. Kind of endearing to me you could say. I just see herself in me despite the poetry thing in me.

Least favorite was a close one between Nina and Soleil. I voted for Nina because all of her supports are practically meaningless, even with her father. Atleast Soleil had a meaningful one with her father that didn't revolve around her gimmick as a girl lover. I also dislike the reimagined kids concept, although they don't bother me as much as they did before. Anyways, I have yet to see Nina have a nice interesting support that does not revolve around her gimmick. How she is popular is beyond me since she didn't really have any admirable traits other than her recruiting chapter "Robin Hood".