Favorite/Least Favorite 2nd Gen Character

The DanMan

240 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2nd Generation Character

2. 2. Least Favorite 2nd Generation Character

Anyways, I have yet to see Nina have a nice interesting support that does not revolve around her gimmick. How she is popular is beyond me since she didn't really have any admirable traits other than her recruiting chapter "Robin Hood".

The Nina/Kana support was surprisingly well done imo.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

v.v

I actually like Soliel, she just wants to have "fun"

Cause "Girls just wanna have fun!" right?

The character I like the most is Sophie because she's so approachable and friendly. Sure she has problems with her horse, but at least it's not like her personality (Soleil I'm lookin at you). Midori, Ophelia, Forrest and Caeldori would round out my favorite 5.

The love for Shiro surprises me. I'm neutral on the guy, I neither like him or dislike him.

Least favorites would probably be:

Rhajat - ( don't like that she is basically Tharja and I hate the stalker support with Corrin, I only like the support with her mother, other than that she is cannon-fodder for me).

Asugi - So uninteresting. The fact that you can miss a child by taking one of the females doesn't bother me in birthright knowing that it will be him. I have no use for him or his father.

Nina - "Daddy and Silas can kiss now!" ew. I don't like that she ships her father with someone else, it's like she doesn't care for her mom. Also I don't like Niles so that might play a small role in that. I like her design, I just hate her personality.

Soleil - Hitting on your Mom is never ok. I love the design, but I just hate that your character revolves around ONE thing.

The Nina/Kana support was surprisingly well done imo.

Nina has some pretty great supports, she's hit or miss but at her best she can cure kana of diabetes which is pretty damn strong.

That said she has some of the best out of context lines.

Niles: I love you, my precious daughter.

Nina: Ew, gross! Cut that out!

Niles: It's too late, Nina. The gross part of me is in you, too. So relax.

(as a whole nina and niles have a pretty fun support but this one segment is just hilarious)

Edited by joshcja

I really liked Mitama, the only shining light of Azama paired to anyone. At least his unholy union produced precious poetry staffbot. She has some fun supports being the wet blanket without being obnoxious and mean-spirited.

I wasn't too fond of Hisame. Pickles aside (which was an overdone joke but not really the core of his character outside of Corrin interactions), he was forgettable and also the least useful of all my children. I also really disliked Rhajat, who is literally Tharja 2. It's actually offensive that she is the only truly bisexual option for women too.

A lot of people hate Asugi but I found he was OK? I am by no means in love with him and the candy thing is super overdone but he has some OK supports related to thieving.

I have no feelings about the Nohr children yet except the fact that all their parents are psychopaths...

Favorite: Kiragi. He's cheerful and seems pretty carefree. The "Yaaaaaay!" after beating an enemy helps. XD

Least favorite: I actually didn't see a lot of the kids yet, but probably Soleil from reading the supports. The harassment she puts Ophelia and Forrest through... :/

My favorite is Kiragi because he's an enthusiastic ball of sunshine who always ends up as a very good unit, though Shiro, Shigure, Percy, Forrest, the Kanas and Ophelia all could have been my choice. I actually like most of the kids, to be honest.

My least favorite is definitely Soleil because she's a flat, one-dimensional creeper. At least Nina, for all of her flaws, has a number of supports where her more interesting elements like her strained relationship with her father, her noble thievery, and her social awkwardness come into play. Soleil doesn't even have those; she's just her father, without the constant failures, occasional sensitivity to other peoples' feelings, and appropriate callings out that made his philandering tolerable for me in both Awakening and Fates. Asugi, Rhajat and Hisame are all also pretty low on my list.

For favorite:

I chose Midori because she is too cute and I love how she's into medicine. I don't care about that negative strength mod, she's always going to get that Great Lord seal from me. I adore Shiro, Kiragi, and Velouria too, and I love all four kids equally, but since I had to choose...

Shiro is an amazing unit and I do like most of his supports. very nice arms too

Kiragi is adorable. I love all his supports and his battle sayings (like YAAYYYYY) omg he's too cute. and he made a really good nohr noble for me too oops.

I really like Velouria's design and since it's kind of similar to Nah's, who was my one of my fav Awakening kids, I have an extra soft spot for her. Also, she wrecks everything. And I really like how much she loves her parents, too. It's really sweet.

Least favorite:

At the moment, it's Caeldori, but she ties with Soleil. I mean, for Soleil, it's not just that she's rather one-dimensional, but it's also her design too I guess. I mean, the hair just doesn't appeal to me. Caeldori, on the other hand... I didn't like Cordelia and that disliking passed on. I'm not too big on perfectionist-type characters. I don't have the other two Awakening kids, yet, so I can't judge on them, but still. I am disappointed with what I see with Asugi atm, and it did kind of prevent me from marrying Saizo (lol bad reasoning, but I would rather want a character I like as a child, and I know I could just skip out on him, but I want the two kids).

No, it's completely fine.

I agree about both your points, with Nina and Soleil. I think that Soleil had great opportunities to have a support with a female that wasn't her flirting and actually learning about something (I'm not sure if there is one, I'll have to check eventually). Soleil was a little bit of a missed opportunity, but I still enjoy some of her supports with Lazlow and some of the other kids.

I completely agree about Nina, I feel like her "fetishes" get in the way of a character who had a generally good personality, a robin hood character. It would have been cool to have a normal conversation with her, without her flirting with my male 2nd gen children.

I personally have no problem with Rhajat. I get people are creeped out by her "stalker act", and I agree, it's unnerving. But then again, Rhajat was completely ignored by her father. She grew up by herself pretty much, and you saving her changed her life. She doesn't really understand that stalking you is wrong or creepy, she just finds it as something she owes you. You could argue she's just a creep/perv, but I liked her supports with other characters.

I wish I could have shipped Rhajat and Caeldori. They had pretty funny supports.

That comment about Rhajat liking Corrin more than her father definitely makes me want to be her mother in one of the playthroughs since I think that would make for actually cute supports for once. That and since she's one of the S-supports you can marry as both genders, you can help her through her relationships with people not just romantically but in a familiar way.

Also, once again, I wish a lot of the 2nd gen Fates characters took after the 2nd Gen Awakening characters in depth.

Least favorite is Asugi because they absolutely butchered a great character and cloned into this... monstrosity. Gaius may have had a couple candy supports, but a majority of his supports don't even include his gimmick and focus more on say his life in the streets, not to mention that a majority of them were very well written imo (Chrom, Lissa, Cherche, and Libra are amazing) Asugi just... ugh they went overboard with the candy, Gideon Emory makes him sound super obnoxious with the voice acting, he has none of the substance that made Gaius a good character.

Banned for forgetting Maribelle, probably one of the most amazing supports in the game

Favorite: Ignatius has a great design, is carrying my sorry ass through Nohr, and a terrible personality gimmick. . .so the title goes to Hisame, who I actually planned a build around, on the basis that everyone shits on him for no apparent reason. Unfortunately, I saw Forrest/Ophelia, and that knocked him out of the running.

Least favorite: Since I've yet to find a kid who I can't make useful (gameplay-wise), I'll go with personality instead. That's a tie between Nina (she outright stalks Dwyer, and the B support should've ended with a knife in her face), Velouria (Siegbert deserves better), and Rhajat (turns out she and Asugi deserve each other, and this is coming from someone who likes Gaius). For the sake of actually doing something, I'll vote Rhajat on the basis that she doesn't have any of Tharja's redeeming qualities.

Edited by eclipse

Nina (she outright stalks Dwyer, and the B support should've ended with a knife in her face).

Hallelujah - The nail to the Nina coffin (why I am more than relieved to not have her after marrying Niles as a male character in one of my playthroughs). I probably won't marry Niles off to someone in my playthrough now. Just... Please don't stalk Dwyer?! Dwyer is just doing his job!

Also. Gaius X Maribelle is fantastic. Not going to lie. Why? It is pretty deep? And they both grow from it? And Brady is actually chill and makes sense for him to have a scar now? Eh?! It's like IS knew they were meant to be?! I don't ship Gaius often which is relieving to hear his expy doesn't have a chance to have a kid at all. One of my playthroughs actually had Frederick marry Maribelle instead which is interesting because while I liked it, I felt only Maribelle grew from that support. Makes me wish Fates had supports like hers.

Edited by Dangerus

Hallelujah - The nail to the Nina coffin (why I am more than relieved to not have her after marrying Niles as a male character in one of my playthroughs). I probably won't marry Niles off to someone in my playthrough now. Just... Please don't stalk Dwyer?! Dwyer is just doing his job!

Also. Gaius X Maribelle is fantastic. Not going to lie. Why? It is pretty deep? And they both grow from it? And Brady is actually chill and makes sense for him to have a scar now? Eh?! It's like IS knew they were meant to be?! I don't ship Gaius often which is relieving to hear his expy doesn't have a chance to have a kid at all. One of my playthroughs actually had Frederick marry Maribelle instead which is interesting because while I liked it, I felt only Maribelle grew from that support. Makes me wish Fates had supports like hers.

Niles has some amazing supports. Nina, not so much. I see her as a unit, and not much else.

[spoiler=BTW the A support is worse]Nina admits to stalking Dwyer while he's taking a bath. If that's not unacceptable, I don't know what is. Imagine if the genders were swapped. Yeah.

Gaius x Maribelle goes into Maribelle's family history. It's great for flavor, and explains a lot about both of them. I won't spoil any more - this is one of those things where a straight text dump doesn't do it justice!

Niles has some amazing supports. Nina, not so much. I see her as a unit, and not much else.[spoiler=BTW the A support is worse]Nina admits to stalking Dwyer while he's taking a bath. If that's not unacceptable, I don't know what is. Imagine if the genders were swapped. Yeah.

Gaius x Maribelle goes into Maribelle's family history. It's great for flavor, and explains a lot about both of them. I won't spoil any more - this is one of those things where a straight text dump doesn't do it justice!

Why did Intelligent Systems do this? It makes me feel bad for Dwyer and want to hug the poor guy!

The more I hear about bad supports like hers, the more it actually makes me like Maribelle as a character.

Why did Intelligent Systems do this? It makes me feel bad for Dwyer and want to hug the poor guy!

The more I hear about bad supports like hers, the more it actually makes me like Maribelle as a character.

Because it's hilarious when women do it, and men don't value their privacy in the slightest - they probably just like it!

...Is seriously what some people think.

Maribelle has some great supports in general and is one of my favorite characters in Awakening; people seem to dislike her and Virion for being snobs, but I don't think they've read a lot of their supports or DLC conversations. I mean, sure, different strokes for different blokes, but she's much more than just some random noble.

Even though Siegbert is my son, I have to say I much prefer his counterpart and he's also probably my favorite child overall.

I don't care about a lot of the kids, but I can't say I hate any of them because I haven't read enough supports on them.

Because it's hilarious when women do it, and men don't value their privacy in the slightest - they probably just like it!

...Is seriously what some people think.

Maribelle has some great supports in general and is one of my favorite characters in Awakening; people seem to dislike her and Virion for being snobs, but I don't think they've read a lot of their supports or DLC conversations. I mean, sure, different strokes for different blokes, but she's much more than just some random noble.

Ugh. I am actually starting to think on what romantic comedies in anime try to do and my head hurts realizing this actually happens on occasion in them. Like, it's not funny at all. Intelligent Systems should be ashamed for themselves from stooping to this level.

I actually kind of figured how under appreciated Maribelle has gotten since playing Fates. I married Virion my first run and didn't think to pair Maribelle with anyone without realizing I would lose an important unit: Brady. So I married her to Gaius (he still remains my least favorite male unit outside of Vaike. Forgive me.) Lo and behold I fell in love with their relationship in this game.

...Is seriously what some people think.l

I agree with both you. Double standard at it's finest.

Also, I'm glad to find out that there are people who like Maribelle.

She's one of my favorite characters, and her support with Gaius is one of the best.

That support shows a lot those two characters, and what kind of people they were. Maribelle and Gaius have pretty good chemistry, which is shame when considering their S-support. It was so short!

I haven't dabbled in the 2nd Gen much, but the characters so far are leaving a better impression on me than the Awakening motley crew.

I've seen a bit of controversy regarding Ophelia's character as a cheap knock off of Odin and I'd like to debunk that really quickly by saying that her character is a lot more sincere and her floaty speech is not played for laughs. She is a genuinely studious mystic without the wannabe hero vibe Odin gives off. Of course, the naming habit was a strong similarity that she picked up from her father, but her subdued enthusiasm for the dark arts and the actual context of what she says makes it plainly obvious that she is not putting on an act or playing the fool. That is why I am more fond of her character than Odin's.

That comment about Rhajat liking Corrin more than her father definitely makes me want to be her mother in one of the playthroughs since I think that would make for actually cute supports for once. That and since she's one of the S-supports you can marry as both genders, you can help her through her relationships with people not just romantically but in a familiar way.

Also, once again, I wish a lot of the 2nd gen Fates characters took after the 2nd Gen Awakening characters in depth.

I agree, it would be cool to mother Rhajat (Although unfortunately I dislike Hayato). I haven't seen Kana and Rhajat's supports yet, but I think they could be cute as siblings.

Well i like Kanna!Female is not Morgan but she is cute and about the worst for me are the copypaste of the awakening ones.

So I take it I'm the only one that likes the 2nd gen in Awakening or are you looking at Rhajat/Caeldori/Asugi? Because I don't like Gaius.

I like most of the kids. Cant exactly pick a favorite, but Velouria, Selkie, Shiro, and Midori are among the better of them.

On the other hand I wasnt big on Kana. It felt like an attempt at Morgan 2.0, but this time she/he had no character traits or anything that made them interesting. They were just cute, and thats it. I found Shigure a little boring to be honest, and Dwyer creeps me out. Doesnt help I never use his father as I dont like him either.

EDIT: I also forgot to include the Awakening Trio. I really didnt like them, doesnt help the only one of the original three I liked was Cordelia. I would of preferred to see some new characters, or three different characters from Awakening chosen to be used.

Edited by Tolvir

Favorites: Foleo and Eponine. Foleo is a awesome character, he has a well rounded personality and IS a interesant and well written character and don't a joke 'cause he's dress like a girl, also, he is a beast in the batterfield. And Eponine, even if is a weirdo with her fujoshi thing and all, she's well written, and her relationship with her father only make her more interesant. And a special mention for Ophelia, she is cool as f*ck

Least favorite: Matoi, I don't like Cordelia and she is... boring, I don't like her or her supports, Gray and Shara are good characters even if they're Gaius and Tharja copypaste. Also, I prefer wyberns over pegasi