• Morgan
    • Other?!
  2. 2. Who will get the most MVPs?

• Robin
    • Frederick
    • Lucina
    • Morgan
    • Other?!

I don't think Awakening makes a distinction between adjacent and same-square pairing. I don't think a nickname was ever coined, either, because adjacent is of such limited use for the typical player. Fates went ahead and called it Attack Stance, though.

So is that Ricken using his PP actions to blow away the Wyv, then the Mage? Because if he doesn't, you could try to ferry a Def Tonic over to him to use.

And yeah, with the Dracoshield strat, Ricken would still get targeted because the AI would see a kill with the doubling.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricken attacks the Wyvern, potentially with a pair up partner, but he doesn't really need it because he's standing next to Robin+Fred, the former of which can get pulled into the attack to do the last 13 damage. Similarly, because the mage attacked Robin from range, anyone (i.e. Sully) can go attack the mage as long as they pull Robin into the attack with a DS, because she will dish out like 20+ damage.

The issue is that killing the wyvern on PP2 with Ricken puts him (just barely) in range of the other wyvern, so you want something to buff his Def up so he doesn't have to make a ~10% dodge. I like your idea of giving him a Def tonic; while I can't do it on PP2, I might actually be able to do it on PP1. The issue then is that I need to be able to take out the 38 HP (4 Def, 1 Res) barb near the front of the map in a single attack without Ricken's help. Glass!Sword Stahl with a Str Tonic and Vaike as a pair up support does 8+11+2+4-4=21 damage, while a DS from Vaike (who let us assume also has a Str Tonic) will dish out 9+7+2-4=14 damage.

Hm, that's actually better than I can say I was hoping for. We already said Stahl needs a +2Mt forge to deal with the Wyvern, so Vaike gets a +1 Mt forge on his Axe and we should be good to go (please check if my calculations are correct). Just to verify, this should easily allows Iron Lance!Sully + Vaike (transfer him through Maribelle) to kill the myrmidon (especially since Sumia is free to chip at him with a Javelin) from the north, and that should put them in range for Ricken to grab the Def tonic and use it in PP1.

I suppose this clear is still "suboptimal" compared to the most RNG-reliant one since I end up using 2 uses of the Glass Sword and Ricken gets one less kill (does this even matter? I don't suppose I'm actually going to want to train him up... right?). However, the extra room for RNG abuse should allow me to rig better levels for Fred, and perhaps more/better Dual Strikes for Robin, so that she can gain some additional EXP (and more importantly, WEXP since I want 1-2 range back!).

Edited by ruadath

I suppose this clear is still "suboptimal" compared to the most RNG-reliant one since I end up using 2 uses of the Glass Sword and Ricken gets one less kill (does this even matter? I don't suppose I'm actually going to want to train him up... right?).

I don't see any place where you'd need the glass sword (much less 3 uses, even one is a maybe) so you should be fine, and I don't see Ricken necessarily saving any turns as long as you can grab Libra - as long as your Robin hits level 15 before the end of C13, you can probably bank on 1-2 rescuers being enough and you can just train Lissa and/or Maribelle along the way in case you need an extra staff user. Also note that Robin can reclass to Valkyrie sooner if you don't enter Paralogues 1-4, the only reason I kept her in dark flier that long was the P2 clear (and I couldn't do said clear before Morgan hits 10/10/5), and she should probably stay dark flier for C15 because of its layout.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the long period without any updates. I was busy with finals and other school stuff, so yeah... Anyway, I'm too lazy to do the full write-up right now, and the gist of the strategy can basically be found in the posts before this. I blew a ton of money on tonics and forges, probably a bit more than necessary, but oh well. Obviously I got the Second Seal for Robin and reclassed her to PK. I also took the Glass Sword from Renown (which I had access to normally by this point anyway); I got a small positioning error wrong in the planning above so I ended up breaking the Glass Sword, but hopefully that isn't a big deal.

chnDCyj.png

The stuff at the top of the map ended up being even more reliable than I anticipated, because in additional to Fred being able to kill things with either a DS from Robin or a Luna proc, Robin's Solidarity skill also gave him like a 17% crit chance while wielding Orsin's Hatchet, and he put it to good use. I took advantage of this to rig for extra EXP/WEXP for Robin, who hit level 3 and is roughly two thirds of the way to D rank in Lances. Here are the stats:

UNIT      CLASS              LEVEL  HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP
Chrom     Lord               5.63  24  11   1  12  12   8   9   1  C Swd
Robin     Pegasus Knight  10/3.06  30  17  15  16  22   9  13  11  E Lnc (E Swd D Tome)
Lissa     Cleric             2.19  17   1   6   5   5   8   4   4  E Stf
Fred      Great Knight       5.89  32  17   2  16  14   9  17   4  C Swd A Lnc C Axe
Virion    Archer             2.00  BASE                            D Bow
Sully     Cavalier           3.72  21   8   1   9   9   7   7   2  E Swd D Lnc
Stahl     Cavalier           2.74  BASE                            D Swd E Lnc
Vaike     Fighter            3.32  BASE                            D Axe
Miriel    Mage               1.10  BASE                            E Tome
Sumia     Pegasus Knight     1.65  BASE                            D Lnc
Kellam    Knight             5.10  BASE                            D Lnc
Lon'qu    Myrmidon           4.43  BASE                            C Swd
Ricken    Mage               3.86  BASE
Maribelle Troubadour         3.22  BASE 

C Supports:
Chrom x Robin
Chrom x Frederick
Robin x Frederick
Robin x Sully

Gold: 460 (+ M. Bullion)

Renown Items Claimed: Glass Sword, Second Seal, Orsin's Hatchet

I was expecting Chrom and Sumia to hit their C Support here, but Sumia didn't get a DS on either of the two battles that she was paired up with Chrom for, so that didn't end up happening. It's probably for the better, since it takes pressure off of Robin to pair up with Chrom. Stahl hit D in swords (not like anyone cares), but more importantly Fred got to C in both Swords and Axes, which means we might expect to see Killing Edge!Fred running around in the near future (if it becomes useful).

EDIT: Note that Robin's Speed in the above stat box does not include her +2 Spd skill from reclassing to PK

Edited by ruadath

Really nice to see this clear come together after so much discussion.

It's too bad Robin can't hit D Lances yet, because there's quite a few Dark Mages in C6. Try not to go too nuts with the Orsin's, though. Since you skipped over the Hand Axe, that and what remains of the Javelin will need to get you through the 3 Archers and the Barb with a Short Axe in C7 before you can start buying them.

Yeah, it was pretty satisfying to see this work out, and I'm glad you were able to help out, because I probably wouldn't have figured out the finishing touches without your assistance!

I was able to conserve Orsin's Hatchet a bit during this chapter by convoying it after killing the boss, but even with that I did have to use it a lot in the previous chapter, so I think I'm down to 6 uses. The Javelin still has 19 uses though, so perhaps things will be OK? Not too sure about the details of this one yet.

Also, any thoughts on the next chapter? I assume I'll be looking for a 3-turn clear, in which case the biggest problem is killing Validar. Fred is close to a level up, so with a Skill proc plus one more point from Sumia or Robin (probably the former), he has 9 base crit and can get a 1% crit on Validar to take him out (alternatively, Orsin's Hatchet can be employed for like 6%, I suppose) as long as the rest of the clear doesn't have anything ridiculously unreliable like last time; I suppose I could also run through him with the Silver Lance, but I only have 3 uses of that remaining, and I probably need to 1-2 range anyway since I'm not sure I can reach him on PP3. I'm probably going to have Fred and Sumia take one side of the map while Robin+someone does the other (I would say Chrom, but I think he has to recruit Gaius? not sure how this works out). I see in other HM playthroughs that people have random units hold the middle with Marth; is this reasonable on Lunatic, or too difficult?

Yeah, a double Luna proc + DS or crit + hit seems like the only way to counterkill him at 2-range. I think Lon'qu should be able to handle the middle of the map with some help, iirc I used Stahl and Maribelle to help dealing with that part in my run, but you probably need to play more aggressively to clear the enemies by turn 3, KE on Lon'qu will probably come in handy.

Edited by Gradivus.

Hmmm, yeah, if you're pretty conservative about your uses, 25 total should probably be enough.

Yes, you need Chrom to recruit Gaius.

Marth can pretty much kill any melee enemy who comes her way. However, depending on what hits she takes from who, she may end up attacking instead of healing on her turn, which can easily spell her doom. She also doesn't move, so your miscellaneous units will need to be capable of taking on any Dark Mages who attack her. Aggressive KE Lon'qu might work, but at base stats, he's going to be really squishy and Thieves (of which the middle should see two) are pretty accurate.

If you go straight down the right, Fred should be able to get to Validar on PP3. I think he might be able to do the left too, but that might involve him exploding Gaius (who will attack anyone in his range).

Thanks lol. I think I've planned out Chapter 6 in my head at this point (with relatively low usage of 1-2 range weapons), so I think I'm going to focus on effecting that over the next day or so (instead of the HM experiment which got boring really fast). Should be reasonably exciting, but Robin is going to level up a ton of times I think. The map doesn't require quite as much RNG abuse as the last one, but there still are some issues with dodging, so if Robin ends up getting like 4 or 5 levels or something like that, I'll probably be willing to let a couple of failures to miss Str/Mag/Spd slide, because she's looking pretty OP at this point anyway.

Getting good Def is probably important for the lategame routs - not that you need to constantly proc it, but you should keep an eye on it. My Robin, who has a bit below 40 Def when paired with GK!Chrom (she gets like a +11 def bonus from that and tonics), still is pretty squishy against lategame enemies. Aside from Berserkers, they are very accurate.

Edited by Gradivus.

Yeah, Def is an important long-term investment. If you can get Spd capped out, that, plus Charm and +10 for Chrom's support should put Robin at around 110 Avoid, which can carry you against non-sword enemies (they should still be looking at ~40 displayed hit, which is lowish, but very non-trivial) for everything up to and including C23. C24 is where you really, really want the Def because the average enemy class there has a lot more Skl (the least accurate are GKs and Wyvs versus C23's Berserkers and Ruin Sorcs), about half of them are throwing around swords and they upgrade their Hit+10 to Hit+20.

Also, do you have a plan for Grima? Even if Chrom gets a fair amount of levels, he's going to have awful hit without help from Anathema and Hex (because 110 Avoid). The strat I'm used to at this point could have Morgan do it, but I don't know how feasible it is for a LTC to build his Str to max, his Spd high enough to double and bow rank to A (for a forged Brave Bow; probably the biggest stumbling block because bows have fail EP). I suppose if you push through Sorc at any point, you could also go for a double crit with Vengeance and forged Ruin. Anyway, options 1 and 3 will likely require a lot of resetting for a 1-turn clear, but option 2 probably requires too much investment (sure, there's a free Arms Scroll in C15, but even getting to B in bows still sounds pretty daunting).

My idea was Vengeance + Waste!Robin x Chrom and Brave Axe!Morgan x Lucina, I think that should work somehow. If it doesn't cost any turns in C24 (goal is 2-3 turns), he could go Great Knight and hit level 5 during that map to use Luna. I don't know if that's feasible though, since flight is important in C24.

Yeah, for C24, I think you'd need the flight for too many turns. You might be able to get away with going GK for EP3, maybe even EP2, after you sweep that initial front part of the forest, but I'm not sure if that'll let him snag 4 levels.

As for the Waste plan, hit rates are going to be a major concern due to the lack of Hex and Anathema (or personal +Hit skills like Outdoor Fighter or Hit+20), although being able to bring Morgan into the fray does help mitigate that a bit (yay for Deliverer). This may be a bit off because I'm just using class maxes and assumes Chrom has 30+ in non-Mag stats, but we're looking at:

70 (25 Hit forged Waste) + 5 Charm + 64.5 (43 Skl) + 25 (50 Luk) + 5 + (Tomes A) + 15 (S Support) - 110 Avoid = 74.5 displayed Hit for Robin

Which is pretty good, but also consider that it's the best-case scenario and as a result, Waste can only be forged for +3 Mt. This leads to dealing 4 damage per hit, over 4 hits. Vengeance is only applicable on the last two hits, but assuming it procs and Grima landed an Ignis (39 damage, but let's say 40 to simplify), that's another 20, leading to 36 total damage.

And you can't really count on Chrom here. Best-case scenario for GK!Chrom is he's got:

80 (Exalted Falchion) + 55.5 (37 Skl) + 24 (48 Luk) - 110 Avoid = 49.5 Hit

Realistically, it's going to be much lower (after a quick glance back at your stat block, I'd say about 20 lower; Ruadath might be able to manipulate more out of his playthrough, but Chrom is only going to have so many level ups...). Every time he does score a hit, it is going to be around 17 damage, though. You could theoretically get the kill if he lands all 4, but, uh, well, that'd be more than a few resets.

Warrior Morgan should have a much better hit chance than Robin, making manipulating his hits pretty trivial, so let's assume he just hits all four with a +25 Hit Brave Axe. Thanks to Pavise+, he's only throwing out 3 damage per hit, netting us another 12 damage.

GL!Lucina is in a better place than Chrom, but her hit's not gonna be anything to write home about either:

80 (Parallel) + 69 (46 Skl) + 24.5 (49 Luk) + 5 Charm -110 Avoid = 68

Again, best-case, so realistically we're probably looking at 15-20 less. She's probably looking at around 13-14 damage per hit. Let's say 13 to be safe.

So we've got 48 damage that's pretty easily manipulated. I guess the expected case for Dual Strike damage is 17 from Chrom and 2x13 from Lucina, which leaves us at 89 damage. One more strike to kill, which probably isn't coming in from Chrom, but Lucina's chances aren't too bad. Someone needs to do it, though, because at that low HP, I'm reasonably sure that the AI is going to heal Grima before attacking during EP.

So overall, it doesn't look quite as bad as I thought, but it'll likely require just as much resetting as the Ruin strat. At least Morgan/Lucina being able to reach really drops the dependence on Chrom, though, which would make things really iffy for a fight, then EP fight strat with just Robin/Chrom, even with Robin braving with Vengeance (granted, those last 4 attacks would have a chance to throw in ~20 extra damage each time if Robin ate double Ignis...).

Lol, I guess I'll just have to hope you guys figure this out for me. Anyway, Chapter 6 completed in 3 turns (I'll have the write up ready soon) and I've added a topic poll for you guys to enjoy, as well as updated the first post with a summary of turn counts.

It might be possible to rescue Olivia up so she can dance Robin or Morgan for extra damage, if that works Olivia can probably be paired up with Tharja for Anathema on the second and third combat round. Also, Lunatic Grima doesn't have Pavise+, just 80% Pavise, so I can easily see 2 non-Pavise hits in 8 attacks happening with rigging.

Where does Warrior!Morgan doing 3 damage on a Pavise come from though? His attack should be 50 (cap) + 12 (Mt) + 1 (A Axes) + 4 (Rally Str) + 2 (Lucina) + 2 (Str Tonic) + x (+Mt on the forge) = 71-76, translating to 9-11 damage against non-Pavise and 4-5 with it. Assuming Morgan can attack 8 times with Pavise proccing 6 times, with a +4 Mt forge (75 Atk), he does 11*2 + 5*6 = 52 damage. (That relies on him hitting all hits aswell)

I'll look into more calcs later.

I think getting an EP without anyone dying is nearly impossible but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Ah, the joys of being back at home and having access to a powerful desktop! It's not like this was particularly RNG reliant though (at least compared to last chapter), but getting good level ups was annoying. Robin has ridiculous dodge against everything (the mages can't touch her, and the fighters with WTA have like ~65 hit). Fred doesn't, but he makes up for that with good Def and the fact that I don't let any fighters attack him (they pull ~95% hit rates on him with WTA!)

Chapter 6

Preparations: I bought 2 Str Tonics, but only actually used 1 of them (on Fred) since I forgot that I had given the Bronze Lance a +2 Mt forge when I was doing calculations for Robin. I'm sure I'll use the other Str Tonic at some point so I didn't bother resetting. Fred got both the Javelin and Orsin's Hatchet, Chrom retained the Killing Edge, and the useful people (Fred, Sumia, Sully) got Iron Lances.

kQknh8S.png

Deployment is shown above. Basically, Fred and Sumia will take the left side while Robin and Sully handle the right side. Stahl and Vaike are on the west side to help me manuever Chrom and recruit Gaius, and random mooks (including Maribelle for healing purposes) populate the east side.

Turn 1 PP: Fred pairs up with Sumia and they move east of Gaius, where Fred kills the dark mage from afar with his Javelin to hit level 6. Chrom pairs up with Vaike and they go murder the nearby fighter. Unequipped Stahl follows behind them, moving just into range of Gaius.

wz8WurO.png

Sully pairs up with Robin and they move above the pillar on the eastern side of the map. The other people just do whatever but stay out of enemy range

QTbzvLH.png

Turn 1 EP: Gaius takes the bait and moves the double Stahl. The other dark mage on the west side of the map suicides on Fred. On the eastern side of the map, two fighters and two thieves suicide on Robin; she levels up twice and hits D in Lances. Sully got ridiculously lucky with DS for some reason and leveled up as well. She also hit C in Lances. The dark mage attacks (and misses) Robin too. Another fighter suicides on Lucina.

FR3plND.png

I discovered the zoom function here lol. Do you prefer these zoomed out screenshots, or would you rather I just include multiple close-ups? I'd appreciate some feedback on this.

Turn 2 PP: Fred charges straight down with Sumia and kills the cav from above. Gaius, Chrom and Stahl backtrack toward the starting position but stay out of enemy range. Robin moves a single space south and kills the dark mage on the pillar. Panne moved onto the shiny tile and got some EXP.

yOPliBR.png

Turn 2 EP: A thief attacks Fred and dies due to a DS from Sumia. A fighter and dark mage then attack Lucina; she kills the former. Similarly, a cav and dark mage attack Fred; he's no longer equipped with the Javelin so again only the former dies. A couple of cavs suicide on Robin and she hits level 6.

ypiyYSw.png

Turn 3 PP: Chrom pairs up with Stahl and they kill the Dark Mage near Lucina. Gaius pairs up with Panne and she takes him to the Chest for a Secret Book. Robin kills the Dark Mage, and Fred moves into Validar's range and takes out the Silver Axe fighter from a distance with Orsin's Hatchet.

Turn 3 EP: Vaildar attacks Fred and dies thanks to a crit from Orsins' Hatchet. Fred gets the Heal staff as a drop and uses it to convoy the Hatchet and equip the Javelin (the Hatchet only has 3 uses left while the Javelin has 15). The last fighter suicides on Robin, taking her to level 7. Up north, the thief attacks Lucina, and the fighter gets killed by Chrom since he doubles him. The last dark mage suicides on Fred and send him to level 7 as well.

Turn 3 AP: Lucina kills the thief to finish the chapter. 3 turns and we even got the chest!

5Ugc3nI.png

After a two-chapter drought, finally more supports! I kind of wish Chrom and Stahl could build up supports since they would easily have a B support by now, and that would be really useful to let him double and/or kill stuff without the Killing Edge. I'm deciding to clean up the stat box since no one cares about the stats for some people.

UNIT      CLASS              LEVEL  HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP
Chrom     Lord               6.59  25  12   1  13  13   9  10   1  C Swd
Robin     Pegasus Knight  10/7.28  33  20  16  20  26  11  16  14  D Lnc (E Swd D Tome)
Fred      Great Knight       7.06  34  19   2  18  16  10  19   4  C Swd A Lnc C Axe
Sully     Cavalier           4.20  22   9   1  10  10   8   7   3  E Swd C Lnc
Sumia     Pegasus Knight     1.95  BASE                            D Lnc
Gaius     Thief              5.00  BASE
Panne     Taguel             6.21  BASE

B Supports:
Robin x Sully

C Supports:
Chrom x Robin
Chrom x Frederick
Robin x Frederick
Frederick x Sumia

Gold: 160 (+ M. Bullion, Secret Book)

I didn't really notice it until this chapter, but Sully is a surprisingly effective pair-up bot for Robin. She gives her similar bonuses as Fred (+Str/Def), has a fast growing support, and most importantly lets Fred roam free to gain levels for himself and clear chapters more quickly. Maybe this was obvious to you guys, but I wasn't aware of this and think it's rather useful.

Fred is looking pretty awesome too, I wonder how long he can keep going? Could he be worth reclassing to Griffon Rider later on? That would be pretty cool!

I think something will be pretty wrong if Robin doesn't end up with the most kills. Probably MVP count too, but there is the possibility of Morgan stealing it away.

As for Morgan's damage, I forgot Rally Str and took his max Str as 49 and forgot to add the Tonic in, which led to:

49 Str + 15 (3 Mt Brave Axe) + 1 (A Axes) + 3 (Lucina) = 68, so (68-53)/4 = 3.75, which rounds down. Another 2 damage each swing would put the total expected damage at 97, not counting the chance for Pavise to fail (oops on that too; I've clearly been in Lunatic+ too long). So, I guess one extra DS hit or a Pavise fail will be enough to put Grima away.

Wow, that clear went a lot smoother than I thought it would. I like how Lucina even cleans up the last enemy. Nice job on saving all those 1~r-range uses too. You should pretty much be set for that for C7.

I usually like to use the zoomed-out camera when I play, so I have a bit of bias toward that. I don't mind the closer shots, but I prefer to have the bigger picture.

And yeah, Sully and Stahl's Cavalier buffs are similar to Fred's, possibly even better, depending on how much you value Spd. Sorry for not mentioning Robin/Sully earlier. I tend to make use of them myself, but kinda discounted them for LTC because slow play is usually why I have the Robin/Sully support built up. As far as Chrom/Stahl goes, you'll probably get it next battle. The way support points and their cap work, in general, it takes 2 maps with a given pair fighting enemies at least 3 times (they have to take a swing; unequipped doesn't count) to reach the next support level. There are some exceptions, but the only two that are likely to matter here are: Chrom/Sumia tends to be lightning fast and same sex supports can build their C in one map. Oh, and Seed of Trust and Shiny Tile support bonuses allow a pair to exceed the cap for the map (either of those are equivalent to one combat together).

For some weird reason, Chrom and Stahl don't have any support conversations (in general, like the hearts don't show up when they fight), which is bizarre considering he has one with like all of the other Shepherds. That's what I meant; he's been paired with Chrom in at least chapter 3, 4 and 6, and if they had a support available, it definitely would have hit at least C by now, if not B.

Some thoughts on Chapter 7 after preliminary investigations:

- We're back to being outdoors and having control of WD is useful (no lances, only like one swordie) so Fred is king again (for the same reasons as in Chapter 5).

- (Assuming a 2 turn clear) Robin is best used to take out the wyverns flying on the southern end of the map. With a Sully pair up, she just barely ORKOs them reliably without any Tonics or DS.

- There are some problems with Fred moving enough spaces to aggro the boss on the northern end of the map. There are couple of ways to get around this which are annoying but I don't have time to describe right out (I'm leaving my laptop in a couple minutes). Also I need to figure out how to ORKO the boss. My best idea so far is a Killing Edge!Chrom DS, although a possible alternative might just be to have Fred crit with the Killing Edge and convoy to a 1-2 range weapon after that, but the feasibility of this will depend on enemy move order. I'll probably just stick with Chrom because getting him EXP/WEXP is more useful long term anyway, unless you think developing the Fred x Sumia support is higher priority

Bosses will almost always attack first unless some other unit has a better chance of landing a killing blow. Then the range, then the melee.

Chrom is probably a higher priority for EXP, since he'll likely be hanging out with Robin long term. Building some support with Sumia at other points if you can will help prolong Fred's usefulness, but even with you rigging his levels to be really good, he's just not going to be gaining stats fast enough to keep up and you'll either have to bench him or maybe use him for tertiary combat when Robin and Morgan are busy.

Something I thought I would share because it's rather amusing:

KajoMKn.png

I've been taking precautions with save file rigging to ensure that no enemy armies spawn anywhere just in case I need to make a purchase from somewhere, and as a side effect it appears that Anna Shops have taken over the map.

It's nice to have a straightforward chapter that doesn't have any planning difficulties every once in a while. This was almost true of this chapter, except for some problems with positioning Fred and not breaking ranged weapons too quickly.

Chapter 7:

Str Tonic goes to Fred. I bench all the scrubs so that they don't accidentally aggro wyverns.

2xoiv5S.png

Turn 1 PP: Pair up Ricken with Sumia and move just outside the enemy Wyvern's range up north. Sully pairs up with Robin and they kill the SW wyvern. Chrom pairs with Fred, who move 2 spaces north of the archer and takes him out with a single Orsin's Hatchet hit plus a Chrom DS.

Turn 1 EP: A barbarian attacks Fred, who breaks Orsin's Hatchet as he kills him to get his Iron Sword back. A few more fighters and a thief suicide on him, then a wyvern. Another wyvern attacks Robin to take her to level 8.

HHRolGF.png

Turn 2 PP: Fred moves above the thief and trade-equips the Killing Edge from Chrom (thanks KTT), then uses a Vulnerary. Sumia runs away with Ricken, and Robin charges east.

Turn 2 EP: The boss attacks Fred and immediately gets OHKO'd by a Killing Edge crit (obviously he could have died in a lot of other ways as well). Fred convoys the Killing Edge to equip the Javelin. He just barely manages to kill all of the enemies that attack him before breaking it; Chrom gets to level 7 and he gets to level 8 (and got +2 HP on his level up...?) in the process. Then the remaining 3 wyverns suicide on Robin to take her to level 9

XjkMvlj.png

Chrom and Fred get their B support. And we have more treasure! Another M Bullion means that I have at least 10k gold so I don't have to worry about money for a while, and I've got an assortment of Steel weapons which hopefully will be useful as well!

UNIT      CLASS              LEVEL HP  STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  WEXP
Chrom     Lord               7.32  25  13   1  14  14  10  10   1  C Swd
Robin     Pegasus Knight  10/9.38  36  22  18  22  28  12  18  14  D Lnc (E Swd D Tome)
Fred      Great Knight       8.65  36  20   2  19  17  11  20   4  C Swd A Lnc C Axe
Sully     Cavalier           4.32  22   9   1  10  10   8   7   3  E Swd C Lnc
Sumia     Pegasus Knight     1.95  BASE                            D Lnc
Gaius     Thief              5.00  BASE

B Supports:
Chrom x Frederick
Robin x Sully

C Supports:
Chrom x Robin
Robin x Frederick
Frederick x Sumia

Gold: 160 (+ 2x M. Bullion, Secret Book)

I wonder what I will end up doing with Cordelia. She's got decent bases except for her Speed, which is very underwhelming... at worst, perhaps she can be a replacement Sumia (as in a pair-up bot for Fred with better stat boosts)? And at best... a replacement Sumia (as in a second Galeforcer... but this seems kind of a stretch)? At least she can wield Steel Lances for for damage on DS...

Kind of funny how I just barely had enough 1-2 range weapons for Fred to use in the chapter (he broke both Orsins's Hatchet and the Javelin!) and I'm definitely relieved to be able to purchase them for myself now. One more question on supports: if Chrom and Robin get married, will their support level automatically jump up to S-rank? In that case is it more "useful" for me to continue what I've been doing and focus on building up other supports?

Edited by ruadath