The Pairing Thread (Fates)

Avalanche

Okay, so on my Revelations playthrough (hopefully I finish the damn game this time), I'm looking to do only Rev exclusive pairings. I've already done the Royals, since they're easy to do, but for the other characters I want to get the correct option.

As you probably know, each character exclusive to Birthright or Conquest gets 2 extra marriage options and 1 extra A+ option. I want to do as many marriages as possible from only these options.

However, there lies an issue. If, for example, I choose Laslow and Hana, Orochi will have only have Odin left, then Kagero will only have one option left, and so on. This means, if I want to get the best pairings, that I'll have to break the pattern somewhere along the line, and marry a character to one of their normal options. I want to do this as little as possible, so with that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm going after all children, with the Avatar marring one of them. As for characters in all three routes, I'll have them marry each other.

As someone who often marries Elise to Ryoma...

Basara is usually his best choice. Elise gives him a good magic cap and it'd be a waste to use it. I only use Shockstick as a last resort considering it can't crit. If you have the DLC, he makes an excellent Dark Flier too.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I know it's far from optimal, I'm just wandering which out of the Rev only pairings are the best. If I called it a challenge run, would that make sense? As for Elise!Shiro, he seems to make it just fine as a Spear Master, as the resistance boost helps him as a tank unit. On top of that, the extra magic helps for when I eventually get a Shockstick.

If that's the case, I'll do a quick rundown of my opinions on the Rev exclusive Pairings.

Ryoma: Camilla > Elise (Though Shiro does better with Elise as his mom than Kiragi)

Takumi: Camilla > Elise

Saizo: Charlotte > Beruka (Though both have their strong points)

Kaden: Charlotte = Peri (Again, they both have their strong points)

Hinata: Peri = Selena (The class inheritance is good all around, it's mostly up to preference. Peri gives better Str Mods, while Selena gives better Def)

Azama: Effie > Beruka (Effie!Mitama is definitely one of her best iterations)

Subaki: Nyx > Selena (Bold statement I know, but Growth wise, Selena!Caeldori as a Falcon Knight has the same Strength Growth as Nyx!Caeldori in the same classes Magic Growth. However, Nyx!Caeldori also has a +4 Magic Cap, compared to the former Pairings -1 Strength. She can perform pretty well as a Staff/Bolt Naginata Falcon Knight)

Hayato: Nyx > Effie (Though Effie isn't exactly terrible for Hayato and Rhajat if they both go Chieftain)

Xander: Hinoka > Sakura (Though Sakura isn't bad)

Leo: Sakura > Hinoka (Though Hinoka is actually quite nice for Leo and gives Forrest Falco)

Benny: Rinkah = Oboro (They both offer very nice tools for Benny and Ignatius to use.)

Keaton: Hana = Rinkah (Both love his Fighter class, as they both get some nice bulk boosts from it's promos and can use HP+5 and Gamble really well. They both make good Velouria's too)

Arthur: Kagero > Setsuna (They both do really well with Arthur Pair Up Bonus wise, but Setsuna does end up gimping Percy's strength a bit too much for my liking. Though Quick Draw inheritance can fix that)

Odin: Orochi > Kagero (Kagero does give Ophelia her highest Personal Strength Growth, so consider that if you want her to go Swordmaster)

Laslow: Hana > Orochi (I shouldn't really need to explain this one)

Niles: Setsuna > Oboro (The fantastic class synergy and +7 Speed Mod for Nina pushed this one above Oboro for me, but she can still work really well with Niles)

I hope you found this helpful! Anyone else interested, feel free to comment and give some input.

Edited by Avalanche

If that's the case, I'll do a quick rundown of my opinions on the Rev exclusive Pairings.

Ryoma: Camilla > Elise (Though Shiro does better with Elise as his mom than Kiragi)

Takumi: Camilla > Elise

Saizo: Charlotte > Beruka (Though both have their strong points)

Kaden: Charlotte = Peri (Again, they both have their strong points)

Hinata: Peri = Selena (The class inheritance is good all around, it's mostly up to preference. Peri gives better Str Mods, while Selena gives better Def)

Azama: Effie > Beruka (Effie!Mitama is definitely one of her best iterations)

Subaki: Nyx > Selena (Bold statement I know, but Growth wise, Selena!Caeldori as a Falcon Knight has the same Strength Growth as Nyx!Caeldori in the same classes Magic Growth. However, Nyx!Caeldori also has a +4 Magic Cap, compared to the former Pairings -1 Strength. She can perform pretty well as a Staff/Bolt Naginata Falcon Knight)

Hayato: Nyx > Effie (Though Effie isn't exactly terrible for Hayato and Rhajat if they both go Chieftain)

Xander: Hinoka > Sakura (Though Sakura isn't bad)

Leo: Sakura > Hinoka (Though Hinoka is actually quite nice for Leo and gives Forrest Falco)

Benny: Rinkah = Oboro (They both offer very nice tools for Benny and Ignatius to use.)

Keaton: Hana = Rinkah (Both love his Fighter class, as they both get some nice bulk boosts from it's promos and can use HP+5 and Gamble really well. They both make good Velouria's too)

Arthur: Kagero > Setsuna (They both do really well with Arthur Pair Up Bonus wise, but Setsuna does end up gimping Percy's strength a bit too much for my liking. Though Quick Draw inheritance can fix that)

Odin: Orochi > Kagero (Kagero does give Ophelia her highest Personal Strength Growth, so consider that if you want her to go Swordmaster)

Laslow: Hana > Orochi (I shouldn't really need to explain this one)

Niles: Setsuna > Oboro (The fantastic class synergy and +7 Speed Mod for Nina pushed this one above Oboro for me, but she can still work really well with Niles)

I hope you found this helpful! Anyone else interested, feel free to comment and give some input.

Firstly, thanks, this really helps.

So I have a list of the pairings I've either done or planned, which are as follows:

Ryoma X Elise (Done)

Takumi X Camilla (Done)

Saizo X Charlotte

Azama X Effie

Kaden X Peri

Hinata X Selena

Subaki X Nyx

Xander X Hinoka (Done)

Leo X Sakura (Done)

Benny X Oboro

Keaton X Rinkah

Arthur X Kagero

Odin X Orochi

Laslow X Hana

Niles X Setsuna

Now unfortunately, this means that I'm leaving out Beruka and Hayato. I could actually get away with swapping Charlotte and Beruka, as I like Saizo X Beruka more, but otherwise, Beruka would go to Kaze. That just leaves Hayato, who I have no clue what to do with. I would have liked him with Nyx, but that would leave Subaki with Selena, and that pairing is too overdone, plus it would leave Hinata in a bind. Felicia and Azura seem like the only options for him, and Felicia does have good Magic growth from what I've seen, so it could work.

Firstly, thanks, this really helps.

So I have a list of the pairings I've either done or planned, which are as follows:

Ryoma X Elise (Done)

Takumi X Camilla (Done)

Saizo X Charlotte

Azama X Effie

Kaden X Peri

Hinata X Selena

Subaki X Nyx

Xander X Hinoka (Done)

Leo X Sakura (Done)

Benny X Oboro

Keaton X Rinkah

Arthur X Kagero

Odin X Orochi

Laslow X Hana

Niles X Setsuna

Now unfortunately, this means that I'm leaving out Beruka and Hayato. I could actually get away with swapping Charlotte and Beruka, as I like Saizo X Beruka more, but otherwise, Beruka would go to Kaze. That just leaves Hayato, who I have no clue what to do with. I would have liked him with Nyx, but that would leave Subaki with Selena, and that pairing is too overdone, plus it would leave Hinata in a bind. Felicia and Azura seem like the only options for him, and Felicia does have good Magic growth from what I've seen, so it could work.

Felicia works just fine as Rhajat"s mother. Alternatively, if you want to avoid redoing Leo X Sakura, you could do Hayato X Sakura and Leo X Felicia. Edited by Avalanche