The Pairing Thread (Fates)

Avalanche

Might as well list the pairings I did in my magnum opus run.

Corrin x Laslow

Azura x Keaton

Jakob x Selena

Kaze x Mozu

Silas x Hana

Ryoma x Elise

Takumi x Camilla

Xander x Hinoka

Leo x Sakura

Saizo x Beruka

Azama x Effie

Hinata x Peri

Tsubaki x Nyx

Kaden x Charlotte

Hayato x Felicia

Odin x Orochi

Niles x Oboro

Arthur x Kagero

Benny x Rinkah

... so i can give opinions on these pairings.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander x Hinoka

Saizo x Beruka

Azama x Effie

Benny x Rinkah

... so i can give opinions on these pairings.

How did these pairings end up for you in terms of both children and combat-synergy? I don't really plan on using the children in the story, but I'll probably mess with them a lot in some of the DLC maps.

How did these pairings end up for you in terms of both children and combat-synergy? I don't really plan on using the children in the story, but I'll probably mess with them a lot in some of the DLC maps.

Xander x Hinoka - A really good Siegbert. I'd dare say the best. The two of them work pretty well together too. Hinoka gives him a Lance using class, Hinoka gets a class that also uses Lances. I got her Luna. imo probably Seig's best aside from maybe Charlotte x Xander.

Saizo x Beruka - Asugi gets proc activates 4 days due to his good skill. It's kind of average though - Saizo gets Malig Knight which I put him in due to his decent magic growths. I don't say I recommend it though because these were also somewhat pairing the spades.

Azama x Effie - STRONGEST Mitama. If you don't get Berserker on Azama via friend seal (get it though) it at least gets him Great Knight. Imo they have some good synergy together.

Benny x Rinkah - Also a pair the spades but Ignatius cannot be damaged by physical attacks. Ever.

^How did Kaden X Charlotte work out? I'm having a really hard time pairing him off in Revelations, so I'm trying to collect some feedback. Also, if anyone else has a good support for Kaden in Revelations, please share. :)

Pretty good - though if you want another girl and give Charlotte to someone else (she has really good mods, on Selkie it's a +5 to speed and strength), Setsuna is also a decent choice.

I went for :

Kaden x Azura

Kaze x Setsuna

Silas x Oboro

Jakob x Hinoka

Ryouma x Rinkah

Takumi x Hana

Saizo x Sakura

Kagero x Hinata

Azama x Mozu

Subaki x Selena

Hayato x Orochi

Xander x Charlotte

Leo x Felicia

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Effie

Arthur x Peri

Odin x Elise

Laslow x Camilla

Niles x Nyx

So I can help with those

Pretty good - though if you want another girl and give Charlotte to someone else (she has really good mods, on Selkie it's a +5 to speed and strength), Setsuna is also a decent choice.

Hmmm, Setsuna might be a good option, as she still is open. I'd probably have to make Selkie more reliant on her skill, since I'm guessing that's what Setsuna gives her.

On a separate thread, I got a suggestion to switch around two of the pairings that I was brainstorming:

Takumi x Oboro; Hana x Hisame ----> Takumi x Hana; Hisame x Oboro

That was the suggestion.

Do you agree with the suggestion?

Assuming I take the suggestion, this is what my pairings would be (see in spoiler tagged box)

post-13033-0-23923300-1462062521_thumb.png

post-13033-0-40485000-1462062524_thumb.png

post-13033-0-38311700-1462062522_thumb.png

post-13033-0-33900300-1462062523_thumb.png

post-13033-0-79554500-1462062522_thumb.png

post-13033-0-84578400-1462062523_thumb.png

post-13033-0-57760600-1462062509_thumb.png

What do you think?

Edited by astrophys

Hmmm, Setsuna might be a good option, as she still is open. I'd probably have to make Selkie more reliant on her skill, since I'm guessing that's what Setsuna gives her.

Yes. More skill and speed for less attack. So its really up to you for this. Setsuna and Charlotte are both good imo.

Xander x Hinoka - A really good Siegbert. I'd dare say the best. The two of them work pretty well together too. Hinoka gives him a Lance using class, Hinoka gets a class that also uses Lances. I got her Luna. imo probably Seig's best aside from maybe Charlotte x Xander.

Saizo x Beruka - Asugi gets proc activates 4 days due to his good skill. It's kind of average though - Saizo gets Malig Knight which I put him in due to his decent magic growths. I don't say I recommend it though because these were also somewhat pairing the spades.

Azama x Effie - STRONGEST Mitama. If you don't get Berserker on Azama via friend seal (get it though) it at least gets him Great Knight. Imo they have some good synergy together.

Benny x Rinkah - Also a pair the spades but Ignatius cannot be damaged by physical attacks. Ever.

Thanks for the opinion! Nice knowing one of my OTPs is actually good :P

Also what would the general opinion be for a Felicia!Selkie? I know her strength suffers a bit and her magic is boosted a little, getting +3 mod, but I just want to know what to expect when using her.

Isn't Selkie's default STR personal growth only 30% or so, and Felicia's 10%….

You'd push her down into Setsuna levels of STR growth…. without Quick Draw or Bowfaire to back it up….

On the bright side, Tomebreaker.

Edited by astrophys

I want to do Nina X Corrin on Revelations, but I need a good father for Nina and a Boon/Bane for Corrin. This is for Post-Game/PVP with Statues, Eternal Seals, Skill Buying, and Grinding all in the mix.

I like the way Azura!Nina looks, but Setsuna!Nina is the same with better defense, and Nyx! Nina with a +Magic, -Def Avatar actually nets you +8 Magic and +8 Speed mods on Kana!

Also, is there anyway to make Selena!Caeldori work? It feels like Caeldori's mods are doomed to be mediocre no matter what. Her Speed and Strength are abysmal, but her primary class access and growths are supposed to be physical.

Edited by Lucina's Husband

I've done a Revelation Selena!Caeldori. As a caveat, I did do grinding in the Revelation route, although I didn't use use anything that couldn't be found on the base Special Edition cartridge and I kept everyone restricted to within 20/20. (So this is not a maxed unit).

Caeldori's SPD is pretty fine growth wise, and she does still get a +1 SPD modifier as Selena's daughter.

For fixing her STR, the trick is to stack her with damage booster skills that don't interact with her STR and MAG (so you can use them and Prodigy together for some major stacking).

She has intrinsic access to Swordfaire, and she can get Lancefaire or Bowfaire from some potential partners, plus she can grab Tomefaire (somewhat impractical with her low magic) from Rhajat or Mitama.

So pick a -faire

She can friendship with Sophie's Cavalier class to get Elbow Room.

If you have Selena A+ with Setsuna and learn Quick Draw first, she can pass that down to Caeldori.

So what I might suggest for a Selena!Caeldori might look like this:

0. Prodigy

1. Weaponfaire (Swordfaire, or Lancefaire or Bowfaire from possible husbands)

2. Elbow Room (from A+ Sophie)

3. Quick Draw (from Selena A+ Setsuna learning the skill and passing it down in inheritance)

4. Luna (from A+ Sophie) OR Astra (always has access to this)

5. Darting Blow

If all of Prodigy, the weapon faire, Elbow Room, and Quick Draw activate, you get 4+5+3+4 = 16 extra damage added to her attacks.

I want to do Nina X Corrin on Revelations, but I need a good father for Nina and a Boon/Bane for Corrin. This is for Post-Game/PVP with Statues, Eternal Seals, Skill Buying, and Grinding all in the mix.

I like the way Azura!Nina looks, but Setsuna!Nina is the same with better defense, and Nyx! Nina with a +Magic, -Def Avatar actually nets you +8 Magic and +8 Speed mods on Kana!

Also, is there anyway to make Selena!Caeldori work? It feels like Caeldori's mods are doomed to be mediocre no matter what. Her Speed and Strength are abysmal, but her primary class access and growths are supposed to be physical.

You mean mom, right?

Personally I prefer Azura!Nina or Nyx!Nina. I'm leaning Nyx!Nina with the +Mag, -Def Avatar. Lets her be wicked with a Shining Bow or a good Onmyoji.

Selena!Caeldori... ehh... maybe Trueblade?

My pairings for Revelations:

Femorrinmui x Ryoma

Xander x Mozu

Leo x Felicia

Takumi x Kagero

Saizou x Charlotte

Kaze x Azura

Hayato x Sakura

Odin x Orochi

Benny x Oboro

Jakob x Elise

Hinata x Selena

Tsubaki x Nyx

Arthur x Peri

Azama x Rinka

Niles x Setsuna

Keaton x Effie

Kaden x Hinoka

Silas x Beruka

Laslow x Hana

I've done a Revelation Selena!Caeldori. As a caveat, I did do grinding in the Revelation route, although I didn't use use anything that couldn't be found on the base Special Edition cartridge and I kept everyone restricted to within 20/20. (So this is not a maxed unit).

Caeldori's SPD is pretty fine growth wise, and she does still get a +1 SPD modifier as Selena's daughter.

For fixing her STR, the trick is to stack her with damage booster skills that don't interact with her STR and MAG (so you can use them and Prodigy together for some major stacking).

She has intrinsic access to Swordfaire, and she can get Lancefaire or Bowfaire from some potential partners, plus she can grab Tomefaire (somewhat impractical with her low magic) from Rhajat or Mitama.

So pick a -faire

She can friendship with Sophie's Cavalier class to get Elbow Room.

If you have Selena A+ with Setsuna and learn Quick Draw first, she can pass that down to Caeldori.

So what I might suggest for a Selena!Caeldori might look like this:

0. Prodigy

1. Weaponfaire (Swordfaire, or Lancefaire or Bowfaire from possible husbands)

2. Elbow Room (from A+ Sophie)

3. Quick Draw (from Selena A+ Setsuna learning the skill and passing it down in inheritance)

4. Luna (from A+ Sophie) OR Astra (always has access to this)

5. Darting Blow

If all of Prodigy, the weapon faire, Elbow Room, and Quick Draw activate, you get 4+5+3+4 = 16 extra damage added to her attacks.

With Aptitude and a Magic class, can she make an okay Dark Flier? What's the best parent for her as a Falcon Knight?

With Aptitude and a Magic class, can she make an okay Dark Flier? What's the best parent for her as a Falcon Knight?

For a Falcon Knight?

I'd say probably... Hinoka or Oboro. I'm leaning Oboro tbh. Rinkah makes her a decent flying tank iirc.

I made her a Dark Flier with Nyx as mommy. She worked out very well for me. Aptitude essentially fixes up her growths, regardless of class. As for a Falcon Knight, I'd assume a mom that could give her more strength?

I made her a Dark Flier with Nyx as mommy. She worked out very well for me. Aptitude essentially fixes up her growths, regardless of class. As for a Falcon Knight, I'd assume a mom that could give her more strength?

Also just saying, if you marry her to Shiro, she makes a good Basara too. Nyx!Caeldori that is. It's what I did.

Also just saying, if you marry her to Shiro, she makes a good Basara too. Nyx!Caeldori that is. It's what I did.

I would try it but I just can't get down with that Cheetah print the Basara has going on. LOL. I might do it still, though. I have Hayato as a Basara so one more won't hurt.

I would try it but I just can't get down with that Cheetah print the Basara has going on. LOL. I might do it still, though. I have Hayato as a Basara so one more won't hurt.

I am immune to its odd lookingness. And it helps with Dark Flier!Shiro.

Oboro!Caeldori or Hinoka!Caeldori for Great Lord maybe?

I recommend it. Caeldori is one of the better Great Lord choices.

Selena!Caeldori is bad for maingame compared to other children, but for PVP her mods are usable, she really shines as a mixed unit, classes that their brave weapons cut STR in half coupled with magical weapons(Soldier Knife w/Flame Shuriken/Leo's Coldsword) or classes that can use physical weapons and tomes since that lets her get the most of her personal skill which is the main niche she has over the other kids.

Master Ninja Caeldori is pretty good, her personal skill somewhat shines here because it will proc almost always.

Dark Falcon Caeldori is also incredible, Selena does not lower her MAG cap and also gives her SPD mod, though her personal skill will not be proccing a lot with tomes it will do with lances.

Tough for maingame Oboro and Hinoka are much better choices overall.

Edited by Roxachronc

Selena!Caeldori is bad for maingame compared to other children, but for PVP her mods are usable, she really shines as a mixed unit, classes that their brave weapons cut STR in half coupled with magical weapons(Soldier Knife w/Flame Shuriken/Leo's Coldsword) or classes that can use physical weapons and tomes since that lets her get the most of her personal skill which is the main niche she has over the other kids.

Master Ninja Caeldori is pretty good, her personal skill somewhat shines here because it will proc almost always.

Dark Falcon Caeldori is also incredible, Selena does not lower her MAG cap and also gives her SPD mod, though her personal skill will not be proccing a lot with tomes it will do with lances.

Tough for maingame Oboro and Hinoka are much better choices overall.

Wait, so Selena! Caeldori IS usable as a Dark Flier in PVP? That's great! Which skills and weapons will she want? Edited by Lucina's Husband

Wait, so Selena! Caeldori IS usable as a Dark Flier in PVP? That's great! Which skills and weapons will she want?

I'd give her a Bolt Naginata. For weapon triangle and it works off of her better magic.