Map Pack 2 Is Out Now

Dai

If it were strictly for story, or for a one-time reward, then this format is fine. Mildly tricky challenge map, beat it once, put it behind you, watch the scenes, and replay it only if you want to see the story bits again. Before Awakening would be fine for this if it had fixed units because you get the brands once and after that the only reason to repeat it is for a Pebble (and a +7 Pebble is not important enough to care about the tedium of doing that map 128 times). That's an unobjectionable structure.

These maps are repeatable for skill scrolls. If I want more than one copy of them I have to replay the map. Playing the map does not offer any progress because it's always the same team of schlubs I don't care about (these are, after all, not my units) every time. They don't improve, so there's never any difference in how the map is approached; once I trial-and-error the gotcha traps and learn the correct sequence of turns then I just put the routine back into play every time I do the map. It's already old, and the map hasn't even been out for 24 hours.

It's not the turd sandwich that is Royal Royale, and I have no complaints about the price (which is entirely reasonable, even wildly cheap for Map 1 of this pack). But I hate this implementation of DLC where I have to use nobodies to earn things for my real units who then can't do anything to make it easier to earn more of the things, particularly when they throw in RNG components. But the big thing for me is that it isn't fun playing with somebody else's toys.

Before Awakening isn't even an offender at all, the brands are once-only per save file and the only thing I aim for is the funny dialogue between Frederick and Jakob personally whenever I do it.

If the map is easier after learning how to perform it, then it is not anywhere harder than it is. It is easier than it is harder.

Your complaint then isn't about the pre-made teams the game forces you to use, it's the rewards that are offered, that's what I'm seeing by your second sentence. You're apparently upset that the DLC only offers the same rewards for repeating the DLC chapter no matter what you do. You said in your previous paragraph that you don't really care about using pre-set teams and now you seem to go back to agreeing with others on how you hate how the game forces you to use non-save data units that you have or will get. What are you arguing about/for at this rate!? The rewards offered per completion (how the rewards are the same and different tactics used doesn't result with any new rewards) or the pre-made teams that you're forced to use? Because at this rate it's only fair that for using the same pre-made team that you get the same rewards since nothing changes and will never change. If the game had implemented more features or methods for players to use (ie, you can use logbook generic units), then yes more rewards would be a very well appreciated gift as the game would make things harder to balance out the difficulty being presented.

On that note, I personally don't mind not being able to use my own units, in large part because it eliminates the need for grinding - the Future Past maps in Awakening were particularly bad with regard to this since the NPC children's stats were based on those of the parents, which practically makes grinding the parents mandatory.

After looking at the skill rewards for each map, I think I'm most excited for Point Blank to become available. It'll be interesting to see how much that will shift the use of archers in Fates since it takes away their signature weakness. Now if only we didn't have to wait until the very last map of the pack to get it xD

Also, who did you all use Paragon on? I have no idea how on earth to pick just one unit to use it on... I'm considering Azura since I'm trying to shove her to level 35 for Warp, and I've already grinded everyone well beyond where they need to be for level 20 Conquest.

Also, who did you all use Paragon on? I have no idea how on earth to pick just one unit to use it on... I'm considering Azura since I'm trying to shove her to level 35 for Warp, and I've already grinded everyone well beyond where they need to be for level 20 Conquest.

I kept mine as a souvenir since everyone has already been capped out for a while now.

What are you arguing about/for at this rate!?

You're the one who always starts that shit in the first place.

Edited by AddictPunk

I kept mine as a souvenir since everyone has already been capped out for a while now.

You're the one who always starts that shit in the first place.

Don't get involved or everything will get worse since you're jumping in again for the first time to my knowledge. You refuse to listen to what I say and think I'm placing words in your mouth before you even think about what I just said.

Renall is the one who I'm currently trying to talk to since his previous response back had some contradicting facts, one of which made little sense to mention. "I don't mind the 'They aren't my own units and such' part a lot" then saying something that he can't stand playing with someone else's toys. If he meant 'pre-made teams that are separate from your own units', then he just made his point of being able to semi-tolerate using pre-made teams 'invalid' as he apparently can't tolerate pre-made teams that game forces him to use. If he meant something else, then I would like to understand what the 'someone else's toys' part means.

If I was originally talking to you and no one else first and disagreeing with you, I would accept your harsh response. However you jumped into an argument or debate that I was in with another person without even understanding what I was asking of Renall thinking that I'm illogical when I'm asking a question to understand the situation better and start lashing out at me without a thought. Your post to me is invalid as you don't even make sense with that response to me.

You do realize how simple and easy the current DLC map is, correct? It's not that hard even with fixed units. You're basically given some of the earliest broken children units in a weaker state that still troll the chapter against their Nohrian counterparts. Unless someone's strategy is just to rush in and kill the opposition which can backfire, you shouldn't even lose a single unit if you check the battle statistics before initiating a fight.

No one was complaining about the difficulty though? You're right that it's easy, but it's definitely not efficient. It takes me almost thirty turns to complete the map if I don't want to put anyone at risk. That's quite a while if you're wanting to grind these maps for the skills.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else does this, but no one brought it up. If you're fighting

Vallite!Velouria, I found it much easier to use the Freeze rod on her, then open the door, and lure her out of the room. She was much easier to handle that way.

Edited by Khid

No one was complaining about the difficulty though? You're right that it's easy, but it's definitely not efficient. It takes me almost thirty turns to complete the map if I don't want to put anyone at risk. That's quite a while if you're wanting to grind these maps for the skills.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else does this, but no one brought it up. If you're fighting

Vallite!Velouria, I found it much easier to use the Freeze rod on her, then open the door, and lure her out of the room. She was much easier to handle that way.

Same for me. Add in some more turns because of Mitama's personal skill, though.

Also, from who do you loot the freeze rod? I never got one in this map.

There's a random troubadour running around that will use it on you. You have to kill it before it uses up all the freeze rod's uses.

That's a good question, there's no chests available or enemies present that have a Freezing Rod to use.

Well, the Freeze Debuff only disables her movement to move and reduces her Avoid by 20. Her attack power and hit rate doesn't change and add in her random chance to crit your units...which I've seen happen to poor Kana on my second run.

Well, the Freeze Debuff only disables her movement to move and reduces her Avoid by 20. Her attack power and hit rate doesn't change and add in her random chance to crit your units...which I've seen happen to poor Kana on my second run.

That's true, but it's much easier to position your units to defeat her when they're not cramped in that tiny room, or narrow corridor.

That's true, but it's much easier to position your units to defeat her when they're not cramped in that tiny room, or narrow corridor.

Assuming that you don't attack Vallite!Velouria, on your turn. If she attacks a full HP Kana (with Noble Yato equipped) who has either Kiragi (Fujin Yumi equipped) or Selkie (Beastrune equipped) as a support attacker and Velouria doesn't crit you, you can easily KO her on your own turn using Selkie, Kiragi or Kana. Of course a 88% Hit Rate against her is still pretty sketchy and risky considering RNG in-game.

Well, guess I never bothered to check the Troubadour until after she's close to the team. But the Freeze Rod has 3 charges, she should have at least one charge left on it if she's trying to spam it on you when she enters your team's attack range. Then again I might be failing to check the weapons of the enemies seeing how I just check their battle stats most of the time.

I saw somewhere that the Freeze Troubador may be difficulty-based. She's definitely there on Lunatic but someone reported her not being there on other difficulties. It's possible that person is full of crap and they just failed to notice her but I don't know how you could miss an enemy unit with a Freeze staff who will use it if she's allowed to.

I somehow baited her into Freezing Kana at the edge of her range and she ran right up to the others. Dunno if it's possible to get all 4 uses unless she's set to prioritize her Mend but I managed to get 3.

Yeah, this. It's just annoying and time-consuming and inefficient. If Limit Breaker had required I use someone else's crap units I'd never have gotten LB for anybody in Awakening. I can barely bring myself to get Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wings with how annoying Royal Royale is, and people have written turn-by-turn strategies for that (that don't always work because lol hitrates, enjoy wasting 15 minutes because you whiffed an 84% or the enemy critted at 3%).

I saw somewhere that the Freeze Troubador may be difficulty-based. She's definitely there on Lunatic but someone reported her not being there on other difficulties. It's possible that person is full of crap and they just failed to notice her but I don't know how you could miss an enemy unit with a Freeze staff who will use it if she's allowed to.

Oh yeah, it is difficulty based. I checked my normal file and the troubadour only has the HP Tonic. Also, there are less enemies, the enemies that had steel weapons now have iron ones, and the maids inside the room with the boss now have bloom festivals instead of physics. The file that had the troubadour with the Freeze staff was my lunatic one. Didn't realize this.

Velouria is also lacking her Beastrune and Ignatius has a javelin instead of a spear now

The map was fun, I feel a bit weird watching the kids with their default hair color haha, but it was cool to play. Can't wait for the next chapter

Oh yeah, it is difficulty based. I checked my normal file and the troubadour only has the HP Tonic. Also, there are less enemies, the enemies that had steel weapons now have iron ones, and the maids inside the room with the boss now have bloom festivals instead of physics. The file that had the troubadour with the Freeze staff was my lunatic one. Didn't realize this.

Velouria is also lacking her Beastrune and Ignatius has a javelin instead of a spear now

There is no Freeze staff in hard mode for both Revelations and Birthright:

TGjQLr0.jpg

Also, enemies have steel weapons:

IEoacIl.jpg

HAmOYBC.jpg

and...

Velouria have a Beastrune

3aDSZUg.jpg

Edited by SniperGYS

Huh why is the music different? Here Alight is played but in the japanese version it's Justice RIP (I think).

Anyone want to speculate why they changed it?