Boon/Bane for a Physical Corrin

Cluzo

I'm a strong proponent of +STR/-DEF myself.

However, for Birthright, what you really need is a tank. I honestly would suggest male Corrin with +DEF/-LUC for Oni Chieftain. With the Horse Spirit tome, you get extremely tanky. Then you can marry Rinkah!Cordelia and have an amazingly tanky Kana that tanks hits with +10 DEF mod + Dragonstone while debuffing with Draconic Hex and healing with Staves.

Solves a ton of the problems you'd otherwise have with the route.

If you still insist on +STR, if you're willing to play F!Corrin, then reclassing Jacob to Paladin, and making regular use of Silas will serve you. Rinkah!Cordelia is still a champ, though Rinkah!Hisame is also capable of tanking (and a better mixed tank it if you're willing to use his personal). Dwyer and Sophie can also serve as tanks if you get them early (though best mothers come later, as Kagero!Dwyer is a great STR unit, though I prefer Kagero!Mitama). Oboro makes a perfectly serviceable, physically tanky Sophie, though I prefer her as Selkie's mother.

https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

Here's a tool that will help you out. Hope you enjoy the game!

Wow, thanks a lot! Far better and quicker to setup than the spreadsheet i made.

However, for Birthright, what you really need is a tank. I honestly would suggest male Corrin with +DEF/-LUC for Oni Chieftain.

What you're saying mirrors what i've been reading on tanks in Birthright. I'm planning to go for Blacksmith rather than Oni chieftain to retain Yato access but +DEF/-LUC makes sense. In this setup, Corrin ends up with a 60% Str growth, it's no Kagero but not too shabby. I'll have to consider it but Vantage+offense has always been so strong, guess i have no other choice than to run some tests

Edited by Cluzo

For Boon SPD and STR are the superior options

For Bane it would be either -LCK or -DEF.

Seriosly would someone pick -SKL as a bane? It is much more detrimental than -LCK, being able to hit is much more important than having a bit more of critical evade, that is without adding that it basically lowers all the other relevant stats bar SPD.

Raises hand. I've been going as a +Def and -Skill avatar for a while and it's working out pretty nice for me in Conquest. I prefer surviving other than having paper defenses from Ninja debuffs and Spear Masters.

The whole point of -DEF is to maximize offenses, which is the biggest reason that it's so popular. In Awakening, dodgetanking can't be relied on anyways due to the existence of Hawkeye, which makes your Avoid rate pointless so the point of +SPD is to maximize your ability to double or at least prevent yourself from being doubled by faster enemies.

In fact, some players doing challenge runs in Apotheosis don't even bother maxing Defense/Resistance for several units

-Support bots, staff bots, Rallybots: they're not going to be attacked at all, so what's the point?

-Vantage+Vengeance units: they only need just enough to not get OHKO'd or ORKO'd as well as to be able to get to ORKO range. With Vantage in play, defenses mean nothing as that unit gets the first hit in and will most likely ORKO the enemy. Having great offenses, movement options, and getting the first hit in are king

I guess you're right. Not that I care all that much about postgame... All told, Hawkeye is only relevant in Apo and Lunatic+.

I'm a strong proponent of +STR/-DEF myself.

However, for Birthright, what you really need is a tank. I honestly would suggest male Corrin with +DEF/-LUC for Oni Chieftain. With the Horse Spirit tome, you get extremely tanky. Then you can marry Rinkah!Cordelia and have an amazingly tanky Kana that tanks hits with +10 DEF mod + Dragonstone while debuffing with Draconic Hex and healing with Staves.

Solves a ton of the problems you'd otherwise have with the route.

If you still insist on +STR, if you're willing to play F!Corrin, then reclassing Jacob to Paladin, and making regular use of Silas will serve you. Rinkah!Cordelia is still a champ, though Rinkah!Hisame is also capable of tanking (and a better mixed tank it if you're willing to use his personal). Dwyer and Sophie can also serve as tanks if you get them early (though best mothers come later, as Kagero!Dwyer is a great STR unit, though I prefer Kagero!Mitama). Oboro makes a perfectly serviceable, physically tanky Sophie, though I prefer her as Selkie's mother.

https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

You can't get Draconic Hex in BR. Unless you're recommending skill buying, which I don't know that the TC here is willing to go for...

You can't get Draconic Hex in BR. Unless you're recommending skill buying, which I don't know that the TC here is willing to go for...

My bad. Honestly, DH isn't that great a skill, so you can live without it, but a Dragonstone-wielding, healer/tank Kana is definitely one of the best units to carry it. Something to look forward to as far as Conquest/Revelations go, I guess.

-Mag reduces Speed modwise.

If you're already on a fast class, which is probably what you'd want to use +Str on in the first place, then the spd penalty means less. Having a lot of luck is kinda cool since you it had notable effects in extreme amounts.

Str+, Lck- is the best of the three based on my experiences. If you aren't going to be using the dragonstone much than it would probably be a better idea to use Str+,Mag- as you would have a high magic stat because if you didn't you'd probably have a high magic stat which isn't that good for a blacksmith.

I'd recommend Str+,Mag- unless you plan on using the Levin sword which you get from castle battles.