/r/fireemblem Popularity Poll Results

Setsuna got zero points.

5MrG7u.gif

I still think Setsuna is the best waifu though. She will always remain underrated.

Anyways in conclusion, after these results probably people on reddit will start the Church of Leo. They will even make Leo is life poems. People worship the strangest things these days.

Next thing you know some 13 year old girls will try to sacrifice one of their classmates just because they want to offer the classmate as sacrifice for Leo. Leo is the new Slenderman.

Where's Anna, by the way?

Edited by Smog

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about Silas, people probably find him too judgemental from his supports(Silas/Hana for example, there might be more but I haven't read his supports much). That said, he seems to be quite popular on the JP, probably for his childhood friends stuff.

Same goes for Flora, popular in JP but not so much in the polls.

design is the absolute most important part of any character so this poll is cool

reina, azama, setsuna, asugi, caeldori and especially rhajat are too low though. rhajat is my precious daughter after all

overall, they chose the wrong set of Awakening characters to like. should have chosen the three kids in this game

Edited by Ms. Bunch

I know it's all opinions and stuff, but man do I disagree with everything on this poll.

I can only assume Rinkah is 2nd least favorite because people barely used her on the ground that she ''teh sux'' gameplay-wise.

Hisame being this disliked is probably because people still buy the story that Treehouse turned his lines into pickle memes, when

a) they don't show up THAT often

b) most of them were in the original.

I'll agree with Thane on how they probably voted based on design too.

Exactly; the only changes were a few of his My Room lines. Seriously, I hope to do a side-by-side of Hisame and put it up in as many places possible to try and dispel the notion

Ditto with Effie; her supports are virtually identical to the Japanese version, with the only real changes being voiced lines.

I like Leo, but not to the exclusion of all else.

I'm also surprised by Takumi's ranking; to me he's at least one of the better written and more well-rounded characters.

Poor Hisame... He's one of my faves. The pickle thing really isn't that prevelant and he has just some of the nicest supports with his fellow second-gen characters. He grows more on me every playthrough. The kids results are surprising, though; female Kana is so high! And Midori in second?!

I guess I *am* with the majority when it comes to Silas and Peri. Peri's the only character I'll always bench. I married Silas my first playthrough but quickly soured on him after doing more of his supports. He has the overly-nice-guy-but-not-really-that-nice schtick down to a fine art.

I don't understand the Rhajat hate.

Afaik, FKana's better VA delivery alone makes her more lovable than MKana.

Sorry about this double standard (for the love of everything holy, don't make what I'm about to say into an issue), but to me personally, FCorrin's ignorance of everything can be almost... acceptable (not growing out of it bothers me all the same). As for MCorrin, it just comes off as beta, but people would rather follow him because plot demands it.

If I ever play a male character in an RPG that I find unrelatable, or embarrassingly stupid, I'll judge him harsher than the female counterpart. I think most guys who make a male character in an RPG would instinctively self-insert themselves, and would find being MCorrin intolerable. As for FCorrin, I'd suspect that it's only more tolerable because it's much easier to see her as a different persona when the player and the character's gender are opposites. Just a thought.

Yeah, that double standard is incredibly annoying, and it's one of the reason Femui's fans irk me so much. There is practically NO personality difference between her and Mamui, but actions that are "unforgivable" or "pathetic" for him are acceptable and okay for her because she's a hot girl.

Yeah, that double standard is incredibly annoying, and it's one of the reason Femui's fans irk me so much. There is practically NO personality difference between her and Mamui, but actions that are "unforgivable" or "pathetic" for him are acceptable and okay for her because she's a hot girl.

Maybe this are the reasons:

1. Recruit all the characters.

2. Create 2 dragon units units.

3. Unique ending in Revelation with her husband.

Idk maybe i wrong.

>>Takumi being as low as he is

6e0.png

Anyways in conclusion, after these results probably people on reddit will start the Church of Leo. They will even make Leo is life poems. People worship the strangest things these days.

Next thing you know some 13 year old girls will try to sacrifice one of their classmates just because they want to offer the classmate as sacrifice for Leo. Leo is the new Slenderman.

I would join this Church.

I am in the minority here but I still like Ophelia - not just design wise (even though I find her adorable admittedly) but I enjoy her quirk, even if it's lacking depth compared to Odin. I like chunni characters in general.

But the poll doesn't surprise me... it's Reddit.

This is the more generous interpretation; I read it as obviously girls are more stupid/make worse decisions, which has me eye-rolling.

Leo being #1 is really not surprising:

- has one of the biggest roles in all three games

- actually displays a modicum of intelligence (not that that's saying much...)

- doesn't blindly worship/follow Corrin, but doesn't hate them, either

- cool design; doesn't have a sword (and generally people go gaga for magic)

- is the only character to make the harsh decisions (executing Iago/Zola)

Well, I just woke up. F.Y.I. The poll is still going. You can vote on it. I just thought that 500 votes was a good benchmark for checking the standings.

I think the reason why Female Corrin has positive points is because Peri lopsided the vote.

Zero points also isn't that bad, it just means that they are a bit more divisive.

Also interesting to note is that Soleil scored second on the most liked Second Gen, but because she has a lot of people who hate her, she didn't get second place overall unlike Ophelia, who had almost no people list her as their least favorite. It's the same with Takumi as well. It's also why Hisame is in last instead of Rhajat.

Edit: Also surprising was the returning Awakening Characters scored high, but the expys are on the bottom.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

it looks like the poll only took into account individual favorites and least favorites. it's not a good way to structure a poll like this because doesn't take e.g. second favorites or characters that fall somewhere between the love-hate spectrum.

For example, I like Setsuna and Yukimura and Mozu but they aren't going to get my love in a poll like this because they're up against Silas, Oboro, Feclia, and other better choices.

Azura isn't number one?

Message_Recieved_YD_angry.gif

Well, I suppose there's no accounting for taste. I'm not terribly surprised that Leo is first, nor F!Corrin placing higher than M!Corrin (though I like the latter for how much of a dork he is). I wonder how many differences there are with this poll and the "popular" opinion? Becides the fact that Azura is clearly the best girl, of course.

Since the poll wasn't closed and I have a Reddit account, I went and voted.

I added a +1 for Shigure instead of Ophelia because he's my second favorite and I don't see Ophelia needing any help being popular.

Since the poll wasn't closed and I have a Reddit account, I went and voted.

You don't need a reddit account to vote by the way. The poll is done via surveymonkey.

Also for those curious how I voted, I did Ryoma/Azama, Azura/Hana, Soleil/Male Kanna.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Yeah I know, but it's basically a Reddit oriented poll so I thought it' feel wrong if I voted but didn't have a Reddit account. I did in the first place but...

about Silas, people probably find him too judgemental from his supports(Silas/Hana for example, there might be more but I haven't read his supports much). That said, he seems to be quite popular on the JP, probably for his childhood friends stuff.

Same goes for Flora, popular in JP but not so much in the polls.

I've seen some of Silas's other supports, the only one where I found him to be too judgemental was the Hana one you brought up. He's playful with Rinkah (who hilariously takes it the wrong way lol) and informative/helpful to Ryoma. And I forget which others I did for him, but I know there were more.

The Awakening characters being so high disgusts me. They should've never been included in the game, imo, and this is coming from an Inigo and Severa fan. I'm not saying old characters should NEVER be brought back, but if you're going to bring them back, at least make it make sense. These three were literally just shoehorned in because of popularity and I hate seeing Inigo and Severa treated this way. And don't get me started on the three Awakening clone children...

And those results for Ryoma and Silas's results, just wow... Why don't many people like them? Ryoma is the definition of a badass (who's also hot) imo, and Silas is the biggest sweetheart ever, I thought he'd be the most popular female Corrin pairing at least... Yet more people there hate him than like him. That's really sad.

But then again, it's Reddit who are full of idiots to me. So I guess in the end it's not a big deal. :P

For me personally, Ryoma is the most coddling of all the siblings not named Camilla. He's part of the reason Corrin never develops as a character so I blame his personality for that. The game even seems to reward the guy for being stupidly reckless as well.

For Silas, he's another Corrin d*** rider and a complete and utter jerk to Hana and Kagero. The Kagero support alone made me put him on the bench permanently.

Edited by Sentinel07

I'm guessing Ophelia is so popular because of her bewbs

She's basically her dad except with even less depth

I didn't even think they were that big.

Why does someone need to have insecurities to be a likeable character? A likeable character just needs to have flaws, good character, and to be well written. And Ryoma didn't feel perfect to me. Sure, I didn't notice any notable flaws myself, but at least he wasn't written poorly like Birthright Xander or a blatant shoehorning like the Awakening trio.

Well Ryoma is quite hot-headed reckless compared to Xander (except in a few instances) but that's probally it.

People tend to find characters that are actually flawed more appealing than characters who lack or seem to lack flaws. The former has room for a lot of character development. While for the latter, at best, they are bland and boring, and at worst they are a complete Mary Sue (or Gary Stu). As a writer in training, I know this for a fact. Though in spite of what I said, this obviously doesn't make me like Ryoma any less.

Of course, since I agree with a lot of people that Xander was rather poorly written (except in his supports, I didn'the read as many as Ryoma's, but the few I read were pretty good), I guess his higher because

1 The Husbando/Waifu thing: the moment Xander was revealed, everyone was talking about hot he is. (Exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea)

2 Superior Supports: I wouldn't say I agree, but some of Ryoma's supports are a bit lacking compared to his foil.

3 The instance with Ryoma and Elise in conquest: And I would be incredibly fustrated if people still are not over this.

4 Ryoma's pretty out there design: This was the reason I initially disliked him. In my defence fates wasn't even out yet.

Xander being taller: this still bothers me

But as someone else said before, I think Ryoma is well liked, but he'said just not everyone'should number ones.

Edit: My "smart" device was auto"correcting" me.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Elise is really adorable and some of her supports are funny (the one with Odin comes to mind), plus she's relatively important in the storyline, is a kickass unit, and is the only one of your siblings who's too heartbroken to actually fight you when you choose the opposite side. I can see why people like her.

Peri is my least favorite character, so I definitely understand all of the hate. She can be funny, but she's a very difficult character to relate to, and her tantrum-throwing can be insufferable. Her supports tend to derail other characters, with most being put into a position of helplessness, forced to cater to her in the face of her tantrums, as you wonder why the hell no one seems to take her murdering of innocent people that seriously. The only one I can think of who doesn't get flustered when she starts screaming is Jakob. Plus, Peri tries to kill Felicia just for making mistakes.

As for Silas, I feel like less people in the west are willing to just roll with his "best friend" thing as Japan was. I like his design and some of his supports (like with Rinkah), and he's always a great unit when I use him, but he is kind of a prick in some of his supports. I can only think of those with Hana and Azura at the moment, but I feel like there are more.

LOL at the Hayato and Hisame hate. I don't really think the latter deserves it, but oh well.

Edited by Delfino

Oh, the poll is still going? I was about to comment that letting it run for less than a day isn't a good way to calculate results. I'll hop on over and vote, then.

Azura isn't number one?

Message_Recieved_YD_angry.gif

Well, I suppose there's no accounting for taste. I'm not terribly surprised that Leo is first, nor F!Corrin placing higher than M!Corrin (though I like the latter for how much of a dork he is).

M!Corrin's dorky and sweet personality is EXACTLY why I like him so much. It's incredibly rare for media males to be "gentle" and not be mocked for it; Corrin's kindness is constantly lauded as one of his best traits, and he still gets to be a badass at the end of the day. That's really incredible.

Becides the fact that Azura is clearly the best girl, of course.

I like you

Edited by Abvora

It's funny because I ship Hisame with Ophelia, so is like shipping the loser kid with the most popular girl.

Well, I'm mostly okay with this results, but really for the life of me I'll never understand why Inigo and Owain are so popular, even in the official poll they scored high, WHY? It's not like their personality was changed or something, Inigo still chases girls, Severa is still a tsun and Owain is still... well Owain. I mean yeah they have kids now but that really didn't help much.

I just hope this trend of bringing back old popular characters doesn't continue, or else will see not!Leo and not!Camilla in FE16.

This poll proves that tsundere remains superior to yandere.

I still feel bad that many people hate Peri. Is it because of gameplay? Is it because she's autistic? Is it because of her hair?

Because her character is kinda interesting. She reminds me of Melaine Martinez.

Edited by Smog