Green's Summer RPG Backlog

CooledEvergreen

17 members have voted

1. 1. After Finishing Fates, Which One of These Should I Tackle First?

• Dragon Quest 8
    • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
    • Majora's Mask 3D
    • SMT IV
    • Tales of Zestiria
    • Xenoblade Chronicles

So now that I'm on my Summer holidays/break I should have more time to tackle my backlog. I do have a lot more games for my backlog, but I wanted to specifically focus on the RPGs. Right now I'm playing Fates and I don't have much of an idea on which one to play first, so I thought I'll ask the SF Community.

I have at least made some progress in each of these games so for the sake of convenience if you're voting vote from the perspective of all of these games have been untouched.

[spoiler=My RPG Backlog]Final Fantasy Type-0
Dragon Quest 8
Kingdom Hearts
Hyperdimesnion Neptunia Rebirth 1
Majora's Mask 3D

SMT IV
Tales of Zestiria
Xenoblade Chronicles

Zestiria, so you appreciate the characters in Fates more. :P:

Is it because the characters in Zestiria are so bland that'll I like the Fates cast more? Because I've heard things about the Zestiria crew, and it's not pretty.

In Japan they call Zelda an RPG... or so I heard.

i have never heard that before

its an old school thinking to label it as a rpg.... back in the day the series had elements of an rpg but they were very light elements... barely enough to truly include it in the genre but people considered it a rpg because of those elements which were revolving around the story progression rather then the gameplay itself and the fact it was a top down exploration game which at the time was mostly dominated by the rpg genre for the most part.

now and days this isnt the fact anymore... there has been many other games that have borrowed rpg elements but are still not rpgs at all.... if you tell me it is an rpg for the same reasons they "believed" it to be back then... then most story driven games these days would be considered rpgs lol there has only been 1 game in the zelda series that has been a rpg really and that was Zelda II which had a lvl up system in it

i stand by the fact that zelda is a action adventure series not a RPG series... because if zelda is a rpg.... then almost every game out now would be one as well

Is it because the characters in Zestiria are so bland that'll I like the Fates cast more? Because I've heard things about the Zestiria crew, and it's not pretty.

In terms of main character, Sorey's a hell of a lot better than any of the Corrins.

In terms of everyone else, it's wildly hit-or-miss.

However, the gameplay/mechanics are amazing, and the overarching story's not bad. So if you could handle the duality that is Fates' gameplay/story and characters, Zestiria should be okay.

This is just voting one for you to do one and not ordering the whole thing right?

I just went with Zelda due to its shorter length compared to the others, I've played all of them except Neptunia, and I don't see how you could go wrong with any of them other than SMT4 and Kingdom Hearts(assuming you meant original) and even then you'd probably only notice their issues if you played the earlier games in the series (or later in case of KH).