How soon do you reclass Camilla to Wyvern Lord (if at all)?

ruadath

On my current playthrough, I waited until she learned Savage Blow (level 5) before using a Heart Seal. But what do you guys think? I'm interested to know if you guys have a different opinion.

I have never reclassed Camilla to Wyvern Lord, because I usually like her to be a mixed character. She's one of the few first gen to make great use of the bolt axe too.

If I reclass her, it's ASAP or level 5 to Berserker or level 15 to Berserker in a normal playthrough. Trample+Axefaire+Berserker's Axe = dead.

I reclass her right away in C10 with the C9 Heart Seal. Lets me work on her Lance Rank right away. Her class change gains are just too amazing. I reclass later to pick up Savage Blow and Trample in two levels, then swap back.

Edited by avengerfive

My favourite pattern has been to leave her in Malig Knight until Level 11, taking advantage of Bolt Axe letting her one-round things at range 1-2. Then, over to Berserker for four levels, to buff her HP and damage by 5, then back to Malig for 1 level for Trample, then over to Wyvern Lord to finish.

Takes three Heart Seals but the product is completely ridiculous (OHKOs C25 Master Ninjas with a Hand Axe, for instance, no poison strikes for you!) and it's powerful every step of the way too, so I've generally found the resources worth it. The four levels without flight are the only unfortunate part since on Conquest they're likely to overlap with at least one of the maps where flight is really, ridiculously good (C19-21). You might be able to time them with some paralogues, though.

I've tried this with Beruka too but since she doesn't have the interal level push the resources feel less worth it; Camilla should actually have a lot of time to benefit from the full wrath of Trample/Axefaire.