What to do with Anna?

Tias

So Anna was just released in the EU version of FE: Fates and I've now recruited her.
Thing is I don't know what I should do with her. I've heard that she's not that very good and that others simply outshine her?

So Anna was just released in the EU version of FE: Fates and I've now recruited her.

Thing is I don't know what I should do with her. I've heard that she's not that very good and that others simply outshine her?

Because of her lack of supports, she can be lacklustre but she makes an excellent mother for F-Kanna. Because she is more magic based, you could make her a witch when the DLC comes out or keep her as an adventurer with a shining bow with staffs for support. She is a decent unit, yes she does get out-shined by others but I think that she is worth using if you use her for Kanna or as a support. Then again, falcon knights are generally the best supports.

Edited by Chromagna

Because of her lack of supports, she can be lacklustre but she makes an excellent mother for M-Kanna. Because she is more magic based, you could make her a witch when the DLC comes out or keep her as an adventurer with a shining bow with staffs for support. She is a decent unit, yes she does get out-shined by others but I think that she is worth using if you use her for Kanna or as a support. Then again, falcon knights are generally the best supports.

I've read that Nina with a magic mom would outshine Anna as a shining bow user tho. I guess Anna's just added for the sake for adding her = /

What Chromagna said. Anna's big weakness - similar to Flora, Gunter, and the like - is their lack of supports, thus they have an extremely limited classpool. There is also the fact that Anna has stats slanted towards the magical side, so she's going to need a magic weapon to really shine (get it? Because "Shining B-" nevermind). If you DO give her a Shining Bow, she works well as an Adventurer (and can profit from the extremely good skills her other two class lines give), but you can also make her a Strategist or something if you really want to. Or Maid Anna with a Flame Shuriken.

Either that or you go full DLC on her with Dark Falcon and Witch. Both are decent choices for her.

What Chromagna said. Anna's big weakness - similar to Flora, Gunter, and the like - is their lack of supports, thus they have an extremely limited classpool. There is also the fact that Anna has stats slanted towards the magical side, so she's going to need a magic weapon to really shine (get it? Because "Shining B-" nevermind). If you DO give her a Shining Bow, she works well as an Adventurer (and can profit from the extremely good skills her other two class lines give), but you can also make her a Strategist or something if you really want to. Or Maid Anna with a Flame Shuriken.

Either that or you go full DLC on her with Dark Falcon and Witch. Both are decent choices for her.

I see, thank you. I'll keep this in mind.

I've read that Nina with a magic mom would outshine Anna as a shining bow user tho. I guess Anna's just added for the sake for adding her = /

Unless the magic mom in question is F!Corrin with +MAG/-DEF or something, Anna has better MAG, DEF, RES, LCK and HP growths, only falling short in SKL and STR (which matters little to a Shining Bow user). Though to be fair, Nina's stat caps in those stats are likely higher.

I barely used her in Birthright. And she really doesn't see play in Conquest either. In Birthright, at least for me; Takumi, Setsuna, Mitama, Shigure, Mozu, and even Midori outclassed Anna as a bowman. In Conquest, she really won't see play because I already have 3 Adventurers in Shura, Niles, and Nina. Plus Mozu is a Sniper in Conquest for me.

Personally, I found her more useful than Niles in CQ, though that's largely because I couldn't care less about Kidnap. Also, I needed another healer after chapter 12 left me out my main healer, so there's that.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Anna should be used for one thing and one thing only, maximizing profits. Her personal skill generates money on kill so I use her as a galeforce finisher. Give her profiteer and watch her rake in those dollar signs. Recommend Merchant, Maid or Dark Falcon for the high luck stats

Anna should be used for one thing and one thing only, maximizing profits. Her personal skill generates money on kill so I use her as a galeforce finisher. Give her profiteer and watch her rake in those dollar signs. Recommend Merchant, Maid or Dark Falcon for the high luck stats

But can't you just do the DLC that drops gold? Unless she generates a lot more money that sort of feels redundant.

I agree with this but she can be used as a battle unit too. For a good grinding/farming unit, take the skills profiteer, witches brew, salvage blow, galeforce and lucktaker in a high luck capping class such as basara or great lord.

Unless the magic mom in question is F!Corrin with +MAG/-DEF or something, Anna has better MAG, DEF, RES, LCK and HP growths, only falling short in SKL and STR (which matters little to a Shining Bow user). Though to be fair, Nina's stat caps in those stats are likely higher.

Depends on what you are going for I guess. If you are wanting a late game battle unit, take Nina but if you are just doing a story run or want someone strong for mid-game, take Anna. (Or you just don't want to have to grind Nina...)

Because of her lack of supports, she can be lacklustre but she makes an excellent mother for M-Kanna. Because she is more magic based, you could make her a witch when the DLC comes out or keep her as an adventurer with a shining bow with staffs for support. She is a decent unit, yes she does get out-shined by others but I think that she is worth using if you use her for Kanna or as a support. Then again, falcon knights are generally the best supports.

Correction: Since Anna can only marry the male Avatar, the resulting Kana would be the girl, not the boy.