[FE8 Hacking] Eventing and Custom Animations Help

AxelTheMage

My first question is about the custom animations. I've followed the tutorial "Alfred Kamon" (I think I spelled it right...) put on here I think... 2 years ago. I haven't found a new one since. But anyways, he was explaining that I needed an old version to do it. However...

post-25463-0-17233600-1467841447_thumb.png

I've only had access to this kind of "Battle Animation Pointer", which is a dropdown. Is there a way I can do it with the dropdown? Do I need to use an older version of the "Class Editor" module? Or is there is a newer way of doing this?

My second and final question is about eventing. Is there a tutorial on how FE8 event style works? I haven't really found any... If there's not, how do you customize what happens in the game? (Note that this is all before I use Event Assembler, whatever that is.)

Sorry for bothering you guys.

Edited by Tatsuya_WolfHero

Can't help with the animation stuff, but I can point you in the right direction for the eventing.

As far as I know there's not really any one single place for how to do eventing in fe8, but I'm working on fixing that with this.

It has some good info on there, but if there's other stuff you want to know how to do feel free to ask.

the battle animation pointer can be changed to an editbox if you want to use a new animation list

in the nightmare module file, change the battle animation pointer's NDHU code to NEHU, it'll allow you to enter any address

Can't help with the animation stuff, but I can point you in the right direction for the eventing.

As far as I know there's not really any one single place for how to do eventing in fe8, but I'm working on fixing that with this.

It has some good info on there, but if there's other stuff you want to know how to do feel free to ask.

Okay, I'll let you know if I need anything else. Thanks for your help about this. ^^

the battle animation pointer can be changed to an editbox if you want to use a new animation list

in the nightmare module file, change the battle animation pointer's NDHU code to NEHU, it'll allow you to enter any address

How do I open the Nightmare Module File? Either than that, I still thank you for answering.

Edited by Tatsuya_WolfHero

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so within that link, I don't think its being too specific... Like for the code, where are you inputting that? Into a Notepad document or something else?

The guide assumes you have basic knowledge of hacking and eventing (such as having read one of arch's eventing guides).

I need to update it with some extra stuff but I won't be able to do that for a few hours.

The guide assumes you have basic knowledge of hacking and eventing (such as having read one of arch's eventing guides).

I need to update it with some extra stuff but I won't be able to do that for a few hours.

Oh okay.