Tips for scanning stuff.

Vaikanfu

Recently, I purchased Mystery of the Emblem and Genealogy of the Holy War from a convention last week. They both come with some really nice art and FE4 even includes a map of Jugdral. I'm fairly new to scanning, and I'm not exactly sure what I should keep an eye out for. I want to try and scan both instruction booklets in full, and want them to look presentable. Here's an example of something I scanned, a card included with Mystery including several of the characters you start with.

http://imgur.com/a/LojKF

The scanner I'm using is a Deskjet 2050, it's currently the only scanner I have access to.

Edited by Vaikanfu

Everything looks fine to me. The color shows up well, you can tell what everything is. Looks good.

When scanning full pages, make sure the full page fits on the scanner, or at least everything that's relevant (such as text or pics).

I have a problem with my own scanner where everything comes out too light/dark, but it doesn't look like yours has that problem. At first glance from the posted pic, anyway.

Looks great to me as well.

My tip for flat images is to scan at an abnormally high resolution, then resize it down in Photoshop or something until you can't see the scanning artifacts (like scanlines) or printing dots (which you see when you scan beyond the natural resolution of the image). It doesn't always work though ^^;;;