What emulator do you use?

JayTheKing

Considering it is nearly impossible to find a copy of the games(and if you do it is not worth the money) what emulator do you use to play the game I have been using snes 9x but it shows an error message after a bit of playing and shuts down.

SNES9x. I've never been able to get ZSNES to run stably. ZSNES is also really old, inaccurate, and doesn't support most of the extended ROM formats.

Snes9x also has the advantage of being available on more platforms than ZSNES.

I only used SNES9X though you can try ZSNES, which isn't as good as 9x, but will still work. Or you could use 'Higan'.

What kind of error are you getting though? Maybe try uploading a new 9x to see if that works or not.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

I usualy use Snes9x. Higan (formerly Bsnes) is also quite good, and very accurate, and it supports NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, and wonder swan. I use snes9x becaus it has a few more features, but higan is still quite good In addition to the compatibility issues mentioned above, Zsnes will NOT run the new fe4 fan translation (the one with 100% of the game translated) because the rom is too big. I use Higan for NES games, snes9x for Snes games, VBA for GB/GBC/GBA, and dolphin for GC/Wii, and DSmume for DS.

Here is the higan homepage:http://byuu.org/emulation/higan/

Edited by sirmola